• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Aiii

So not worth it
Warrior and Billy Graham berried WWE and Vince personally harder than Punk did and they got brought back. Multiple times. Look at all the shit Bischoff said about Vince and WWE while he was running WCW and he got hired. It took Macho Man dying but he got back in the good graces. RVD took many personal shots at HHH and HHH was the one that personally hired him back. If there is money to be made, they will do what they can to make it. Best of business isn't just an on screen catch phrase.

Time heals all wounds and what not.

On the other hand, from what the guy has said about people that pissed him off over the years, guy can hold a grudge like there's no tomorrow. If there's anyone that's gonna keep WWE and him doing business in the future, it's him and not them that would block it.

Warrior and Billy Graham berried WWE and Vince personally harder than Punk did and they got brought back. Multiple times. Look at all the shit Bischoff said about Vince and WWE while he was running WCW and he got hired. It took Macho Man dying but he got back in the good graces. RVD took many personal shots at HHH and HHH was the one that personally hired him back. If there is money to be made, they will do what they can to make it. Best of business isn't just an on screen catch phrase.

Vince loves money. He'd bring anybody back if it'd back him a few bucks. Shit he'd dig up Macho Man's corpse and prop it up in the middle of the ring on segment 1 of RAW if he knew it'd pop a huge rating.

HHH on the other hand seems like he'd hold a grudge. But if he really did bring RVD back then maybe Vince has rubbed off on him.

Toki767

Most of the people that came back had issues with Vince, which allowed HHH to come in and mend fences.

Punk has issues with HHH. He's probably not going to be back.

Fox318

I'M in Tulsa you son of a bitch!

...and I can't be bothered to go to Raw
Was this you?

Uv6G4Qe.png

Omega

Banned
They need a finisher where the opponent is in the air like the DD or the 3D.

Fall of Man looks very weak IMO.

i was being sarcastic lol

i'd rather watch Uso vs the Dust brothers for the millionth time then an Ascension match. they're worse than Adam Rose

Zach

Walk your ass down the street. Had I been better prepared I woulda organized a Lil' Wrasslegaf Meetup for you, me, and Mechashiva.

I'd probably do it if I hadn't bought an Xbox One the other day... >_>

Next time have your crap together and PM me and Mecha to coordinate. You're a disgrace to your username.

Still think it's funny that Orton asked Punk if he asked upper management about the paychecks instead of asking them himself. Either Orton is shook by management just like everyone else or smart to have Punk ask them instead. I know I'm making a mountain out of nothing, but I thought that was interesting.

Fox318

Everyone else had an easy way to discredit them.

• Drugs
  • Steroids
  • Crazy political views
  • Staying in the business way past their prime

Outside of punk being an asshole to work with how can anyone discredit him?

Every other talent Vince had to deal with went to drugs to manage the pain.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd probably do it if I hadn't bought an Xbox One the other day... >_>

Next time have your crap together and PM me and Mecha to coordinate. You're a disgrace to your username.
Friend up, I'm Sunflower4000

All those people came back even though they shittalked Vince because Vince wanted and begged them to come back

Punk's health and life were in jeopardy, and he was personally insulted by the pink slip on his wedding day, and they showed they didn't care about any of it. Vince already called wanting and begging him back apparently. If Punk never comes back, it's because he doesn't need to, and because he doesn't want to. And with how happy and healthy he is right now, that sounds like the most likely scenario, as horrifying as it is to everybody else who thinks "BUT EVERYBODY COMES BACK"

Dude still won't forgive his own dad for what he did throughout his childhood, yet everybody thinks he'll forgive a businessman who only ever thought of him as an independent contractor

Kaladin

The Yah chant will be dead on the main roster, and so will The Ascension.

Triple H has to learn, what gets over in Orlando won't always be the same on the main roster.

Fox318

Vince was starting to open back up to Savage before he died. Remember this awesome shit that came out a few months before he died?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDqRLGJLfYY

Vince wasn't the one who set that up.

THQ approached Savage and were the original ones to start the Warrior talks.

Vince isn't going to say no to a partner wanting to make money because of his ego.

His family's ego has been part of the reason why investors and sponsors have fled.

Back in the day I’d reached out to him just in passing about being on the show. A couple of months ago [WWE] came to L.A. for SummerSlam and we were trying to put it together then, but he didn’t have the time to fit me in. Then they were going to fly me to Stamford but I didn’t want to go all that way to do a podcast [laughs]. So we’ve wanted to do this thing for a while. I guess timing is everything and so someone from WWE reached out to me and said, “Hey, what do you think about doing your podcast live on the WWE Network?” and I said, “Man, that would be awesome.” It’s a win-win for both parties.

Any time you go live with Vince McMahon it’s going to be a very interesting experience. To me this is a conversation between us about the wrestling business and the direction the WWE’s headed in. There’s a few key talent I’d like to ask specific questions about. In doing my research, I’ve started watching some of the old videos of the work we did as far as angles go and the chemistry we had in the ring, so I’m not there to be Howard Stern. My podcast is a conversation, it’s basically a bulls–t session: two guys shooting the breeze talking about the business. At the end of the day, Vince McMahon is in the entertainment business, as am I, so I want it to be entertaining and engaging. I’m looking forward to it.

Please make sure one of the Talents to ask about is Phil Brooks and his exposing of the WWE.

Kaladin

Stone Cold's interview with Vince will either be extremely boring like the ECW Exposed stuff or extremely interesting. There is no middle ground here.

Fox318

Stone Cold's interview with Vince will either be extremely boring like the ECW Exposed stuff or extremely interesting. There is no middle ground here.

At least the ECW stuff was taking questions with twitter handles like TNALOVE32, ROHPUNKFAN420, and BENOITWASSETUP121

gaiadyne

Has anybody signed up for the WWE Network for the free November and canceled? I cancelled on November 23rd after Survivor Series and I still haven't received my money back to my paypal account

Vince wasn't the one who set that up.

THQ approached Savage and were the original ones to start the Warrior talks.

Vince isn't going to say no to a partner wanting to make money because of his ego.

His family's ego has been part of the reason why investors and sponsors have fled.

I didn't say Vince set it up. But he obviously approved it.

Vince shut THQ down for years on Savage being put into any games. Remember the outrage about Savage not being in the Legends of WrestleMania game?

hitme

The Yah chant will be dead on the main roster, and so will The Ascension.

Triple H has to learn, what gets over in Orlando won't always be the same on the main roster.

The only non-HHH guys that'll probably get over are Breeze, Corbin and Vaudevillanns.

I hope.

Fox318

I didn't say Vince set it up. But he obviously approved it.

Vince shut THQ down for years on Savage being put into any games. Rememebr the outrage about Savage not being in the Legends of WrestleMania game?

Vince also sent out memos that the company can't have the press taking bad screenshots of HHH. All press access was on the condition that media protect HHH's image.

Difference is the WWE isn't worth has much and isn't making money.

Nekofrog

Banned
I would want this to be a work actually. It would show that WWE has balls, that they know how to write compelling storylines for a modern day audience, that they know how to be creative.

But I highly doubt that Vince or Triple H would have the minds to think up something like that.

that's pretty much what tells me that this isn't a work

they're seriously not smart enough to think of this

So you all don't like the ascension, it's clearly Connor right? For the record, I like em. I like the entrance and the pose in the ring when they had the belts. I just remember a lot of people shitting on Connor. I may have spelled his name wrong.

iMax

Based off of everything that Punk said he probably would have signed the agreement to not talk if Stephanie didn't shit all over him on TV.

She's the one most at fault for Punk going public with everything.

Well that's her own dumb fault for calling him a quieter quitter on worldwide TV.

How can you bring up The Ascension when they are not going to get through Itami and Balor?

NJPWorld is such a disappointment. Lacks as much content as the network and no app.....

Toki767

So you all don't like the ascension, it's clearly Connor right? For the record, I like em. I like the entrance and the pose in the ring when they had the belts. I just remember a lot of people shitting on Connor. I may have spelled his name wrong.

I still remember him as being Ratface on NXT and asking if people had cheese.

Kaladin

They're just bland. Nothing special about them in the ring or on the mic.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Scott Steiner still doesn't offer audibles. I am literally giving you this one for free, Scotty. You would be beyond rich.

Top Bottom