• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

jmdajr

List of beeps if you need them?

Not really that kind of issue. Upgraded boot drive to an SSD. Made a clone from my old one. Booted up everything seems fine, and then blue screen of fucking death. So ok, I'll just boot from my old drive and do some tests. Oh wait...my old drive doesn't work now.

WHOOPPDEEDOOO!

Found this archive of old time radio shows from the golden age of radio. I'm getting pretty into The Shadow and Superman. I did it instead of RAW and I'm pretty content

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Found this archive of old time radio shows from the golden age of radio. I'm getting pretty into The Shadow and Superman. I did it instead of RAW and I'm pretty content

Shadow is pretty dope. I used to listen to that old shit too. Baby Snooks fuckin sucks though.

Fox318

dRDr7Gy.jpg

Browny

Banned
Not really that kind of issue. Upgraded boot drive to an SSD. Made a clone from my old one. Booted up everything seems fine, and then blue screen of fucking death. So ok, I'll just boot from my old drive and do some tests. Oh wait...my old drive doesn't work now.

WHOOPPDEEDOOO!

Sheeeeeeeet... fingers crossed it gets sorted. Do you have a spare rig you can try the old hard drive in? Just to eliminate variables such as motherboard etc.

Wrasslin' related - not sure I've given my 2p's worth about Roman Reigns.

Fuck Roman Reigns.

As of around Thanksgiving, The Rock was no longer part of WWE's plans for WrestleMania 31. Rock is said to have a very busy movie and television schedule and the speculation is that his schedule will be too hectic for him to be factored into WrestleMania in any real capacity.

There was talk at one point of doing The Rock vs. Triple H at WrestleMania 31, however WWE is apparently going with the idea now that HHH will be working with Sting.

looks like it's gonna be that dumb buffoon roman vs brock lesnar

I really hope the crowds cheer lesnar.

They used him for a photo shoot with his wife you sexist fuck.

Or they had to prepare for the possibility that he might win Superstar of the Year before Vince made the call that Bryan had to lose to make Roman look strong.

And really, it's South Carolina. She could have driven from the Performance Center.

jmdajr

Sheeeeeeeet... fingers crossed it gets sorted. Do you have a spare rig you can try the old hard drive in? Just to eliminate variables such as motherboard etc.

Wrasslin' related - not sure I've given my 2p's worth about Roman Reigns.

Fuck Roman Reigns.

I have an HDD dock I can hook up to my laptop.

bjork

Any of you guys play Suikoden II? I'm not even a big RPG fan but I bought it because people are always talking about it.

I had the original release, sold it off some years back. What I remember from it:
1. If you're importing your save, you don't get your character for it until a ways into the game.

2. Always sharpen your weapons when you can, I remember getting stuck at a battle with no way to go back.

3. There's some special reward if you can reach... I forget. It's some town at some time on the counter, but I completely forget what it was. I may buy this for vita and try it myself, once I look up what it is.

What has he done though? Sure he's granted x amount of wishes. But what has he done for wrestling? You keep saying this, but what has he done? He's the 'clean face' the 'media' darling, etc, but how has that helped WWE?

They know they won't have to worry about him murdering his family or getting pulled over with drugs. For a company that participates in stuff they don't care about like concussion research and gay gaming events to promote acceptance or whatever, he's the right person for the role that he fills. Very low risk, imposing figure visually without being too roid-crazy-looking. Pretty simple. It's not what he did for wrestling. It's what he did for the company, and that's helped them evade bullshit.

Flair and Inoki drew more in Korea than anything John Cena's ever drew in his career though if we want to go that route. Cena might be in an era of being more accessible but then you could say Stone Cold or Hogan was more important because wrestling was at its biggest.

Hogan is and will always be the biggest.

I rewatched Hogan vs Warrior today, and it's a pretty solid match for what it is. I mean, it coulda been the two dudes exchanging shoulderblacks for 5 minutes and ending the match, and the crowd still would have been ape shit. And for the WWF, that makes it the best match on the card regardless of quality(which I agree with, especially for that era of wrestling.)

But one thing I liked that I never really noticed before was Monsoon's line about 'The Hulkster just took one giant step towards immortality.' Some might have seen that as 'oh we gotta put over Hogan',' but Warrior was already put over. He beat Hulk Hogan. You couldn't be put any more over in professional wrestling. Ever. But I feel like Monsoon saying that about Hogan just added to his legendary status at that time. Even though he lost, it kind of made it seem like Hogan was ascending while still putting the young guy in the number one spot. And it even ended on Warrior's music.

It's got a great ending. Not my favorite Warrior or Hogan match, but it's probably one of the most important matches of all time. And it's better than I remembered.

For me, that was the last match that had the "big match" feel to it. I don't know when it shifted, and it may just be how I remember it personally, but I feel like they used to try and promote shit in the same way that boxing did, where it was a big deal and you'd really be missing out if you didn't catch it. There were other big matches since, obviously, and many have been big and/or important as far as a guy finally getting his or whatever, but that one felt like it was promoted in a way to try and hook people.

strobogo

Banned
Or they had to prepare for the possibility that he might win Superstar of the Year before Vince made the call that Bryan had to lose to make Roman look strong.

And really, it's South Carolina. She could have driven from the Performance Center.

Well Bryan lives in a bus so he could have been in SC for unrelated reasons.

jmdajr

Just thinking if your plugging in the SSD might have done something to something else... I'm no expert, I'm just thinking logically of only changing one parameter at a time (otherwise you don't know what's fucked).

Beats me man. Windows can become so picky when you start changing shit. It freaks out. Guess I have to do a clean install which I really didn't want to.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like a rejected Killer Instinct Season 2 logo.

KIS2's logos and UI are fucking DOPE though, because it fits. This...I dunno. Shoulda gone with desert chrome.

I would if I knew where to get weed. I'd much rather smoke week every day. Indiana has shitty weed pretty much year round and still has really shitty laws, though. Like some of the shittiest weed laws in the country. I mean, this is also a state that, when THE GAY COMMUNITY(?!) wanted their own specialized license plates, the state just did away with ALL specialized plates for a while until they were told that's fucking illegal. A state that fought tooth and nail to keep gay marriage illegal and now that it is legal, is still trying to fight it.

Indiana is backwards as fuck on everything.

And the time zones. My god the time zones.

darkbanjo

Using the six-sided ring as part of the logo is arguably a good idea, everything else about that is horrible. Not even as good as the 90s Action Man inspired GFW logo.

Browny

Banned
Someone earlier mentioned Ambrose on Jericho's podcast; well Jericho is on Kevin Smith's Smodcast this week. The last time they were together it was an amusing Canadian jerk-off session; will download when I get home.

RP912

Banned
TNA reminds me of that kid in middle school that constantly screw ups but manage to pass every class.

I give TNA props for perseverance.

strobogo

Banned
Someone earlier mentioned Ambrose on Jericho's podcast; well Jericho is on Kevin Smith's Smodcast this week. The last time they were together it was an amusing Canadian jerk-off session; will download when I get home.

All of Jericho's interviews are jerk off sessions, no matter the topic. POD OF THUNDAAAAAAA. And rock and rowwwoowolllllllll.

Top Bottom