• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
The 80s were a time of bright colors and looking up to cocaine and steroid ingesting giant men. It was a wonderful time.

It looks beautiful. I'm somewhat glad I never lived in it, though. I mean, I admire the Renaissance, but I'd rather not live there, because I'd have a 50/50 chance of dying every time I poo.

Also, in possible regards to the 80s, why the hell does Randy Savage use a theme commonly known as a patriotic UK song?

Vylash

wlhayes1.jpg

jmdajr

If you think it's legit, fine. There's no way to prove you wrong.

If you think it's not legit, fine. There's no way to prove you wrong.

If you think fake awards from the WWE matter, they don't.

But how could Steph and HHH not win couple of the year?

HOW GUYZ?????

steph1_zps3116d11c.gif

steph2_zps22080c11.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Bryan Alvarez describing Dean and Bray's feud as a Wile E Coyote/cartoon-esque thing is so accurate.

I also love how they pointed out the blaring lights and billowing smoke coming from the ambalamps.

Fox318

So what's worse? The vote being legit or not?

I still say it's legit. So cry for your universe brothers, for they know not what they do.

Well it was an app vote on the east coast for a product that had 2-3 million people watching at that moment.

People could vote on a tablet or phone.

Have they ever released numbers on how many people use the app?

If I had to guess users on tablets skewed younger than users on phones.
This was from a week in November
– The average viewer is 41.4 years old, meaning viewership is getting older, not younger.

– The audience is 63 percent male, however Total Divas skews that number, as it would be closer to 68 percent for RAW and SmackDown.

– The viewership is 19 percent under the age of 17, 22 percent between 18 and 34, 22 percent between 35 and 49 and 37 percent over the age of 50.
I'd bet that most of the people over the age of 50 didn't vote and a majority of users under the age of 17 didn't have access to a voting device or voted Cena.

Seth probably wasn't going to win because he was a heel
Bryan could have won but his lack of appearances plus the company showed very little film on him while he has been gone
They have refused to mention Brock during commentary
Ambrose sold the most merchandise during the black Friday sale so I'd imagine he is relatively popular.

If Reigns did win I'd be curious who voted for him.

My guess would be women over the age 30. I can't see many children and smarks voting for him. I bet he won because the rest of the people running split the vote up too much. If this was Cena, Seth, Bryan, Reigns would Reigns still win?

The fact that WWE is being so defensive about the voting being rigged means the voting was rigged.

That and its known that they gave an award to The Rock when he first started out to push him.

Look guys, we have one obvious example of where the vote was not fixed. Therefore none of them can be fixed, and also our vote as many times as you want scheme is bulletproof we have web programming geniuses at wwe.com led by noted Internet maven Joey Styles.

I shit out this simplified version of the new Impact logo in about 15 or 20 minutes. Most of it was trying to clean up artifacts and stuff. It isn't perfect, there's a couple jagged spots where I had to add or remove from the main font and I didn't put too much effort into it beyond the initial idea of "get rid of all the extraneous unnecessary shit."

hXm65ur.png

strobogo

Banned
It looks beautiful. I'm somewhat glad I never lived in it, though. I mean, I admire the Renaissance, but I'd rather not live there, because I'd have a 50/50 chance of dying every time I poo.

Also, in possible regards to the 80s, why the hell does Randy Savage use a theme commonly known as a patriotic UK song?

It's the song played at graduations in the US. In fact, I'd wager that over 90% of people in the US know it either as the graduation song or Macho Man's song.

Fox318

I shit out this simplified version of the new Impact logo in about 15 or 20 minutes. Most of it was trying to clean up artifacts and stuff. It isn't perfect, there's a couple jagged spots where I had to add or remove from the main font and I didn't put too much effort into it beyond the initial idea of "get rid of all the extraneous unnecessary shit."

hXm65ur.png

You spent 15 minutes on it.

That's 14 minutes 56 seconds more then TNA did.

It's the song played at graduations in the US. In fact, I'd wager that over 90% of people in the US know it either as the graduation song or Macho Man's song.

Oh, wow. Heheh. You learn something new every day. :c

I'd also wager that 95% of people in the UK don't know it's also the US graduation song. Ah, well. Anyway, I wonder how Macho Man would feel if he knew he was using one of the most 'British' songs of all time.

hXm65ur.png

Well, damn. I really like this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

hXm65ur.png

Only one problem:

"We need to emphasize the legacy of the six-sided ring"

strobogo

Banned
Oh, wow. Heheh. You learn something new every day. :c

I'd also wager that 95% of people in the UK don't know it's also the US graduation song. Ah, well. Anyway, I wonder how Macho Man would feel if he knew he was using one of the most 'British' songs of all time.

I'm going to assume he didn't give a shit because he was the Macho Man.

Bryan Alvarez describing Dean and Bray's feud as a Wile E Coyote/cartoon-esque thing is so accurate.

I also love how they pointed out the blaring lights and billowing smoke coming from the ambalamps.

I hate this feud so much because it's built on two guys hating each other enough to not really do much to one another. The feud could be so good if the characters were allowed to have real motivations and emotions, but Dean covering Bray in chairs and then climbing up on a ladder and doing fucking nothing is this feud in a nutshell.

These guys have so much potential but I just forward through their segments because i can't handle them both having to temper their natural personalities down to fit the shitty, shitty product.

The Bray/Dean feud is like if Shawn Michaels had pointed aggressively at the barbershop window and then given Marty a light shove.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
On his Twitter?
@VinceMcMahon, go, go, go!
I hate this feud so much because it's built on two guys hating each other enough to not really do much to one another. The feud could be so good if the characters were allowed to have real motivations and emotions, but Dean covering Bray in chairs and then climbing up on a ladder and doing fucking nothing is this feud in a nutshell.

These guys have so much potential but I just forward through their segments because i can't handle them both having to temper their natural personalities down to fit the shitty, shitty product.

The Bray/Dean feud is like if Shawn Michaels had pointed aggressively at the barbershop window and then given Marty a light shove.
I'm glad I haven't been following much the past few weeks.

Fox318

Did they change Keven Steen's name to Kevin Owens so they can hold it over his head if he becomes hot during contract negotiations?

This is the same company that thought Otto Von Ruthless, Ice Dagger and Fang McFrost were good names for Steve Austin.

Did they change Keven Steen's name to Kevin Owens so they can hold it over his head if he becomes hot during contract negotiations?

This is the same company that thought Otto Von Ruthless, Ice Dagger and Fang McFrost were good names for Steve Austin.

They did it so they own it. If he goes back to the indies, he'll just be Steen again. Steen is his real name, so they can't really own it.

There was a period in the early 00's where they were okay with real names (John Cena, Randy Orton, Dave Bautista) but now they're very strict about owning the names.

Kevin Owens might be a plain name (just like Daniel Bryan is), but it's better than a stupid or silly one.

Fox318

They did it so they own it. If he goes back to the indies, he'll just be Steen again. Steen is his real name, so they can't really own it.

There was a period in the early 00's where they were okay with real names (John Cena, Randy Orton, Dave Bautista) but now they're very strict about owning the names.

Kevin Owens might be a plain name (just like Daniel Bryan is), but it's better than a stupid or silly one.

It just seems like they own the market so much why should they care if he goes to indies?

They don't seem to mind RVD and Booker T do indies while under contract.

I can understand if they are trying to build a gimmick for a guy but when you have somebody coming in with an already established thing going on it seems odd.

strobogo

Banned
It just seems like they own the market so much why should they care if he goes to indies?

I can understand if they are trying to build a gimmick for a guy but when you have somebody coming in with an already established thing going on it seems odd.

Booker isn't on a wrestler contract, so he's free to do whatever in his free time, just like King. I don't think RVD does indie stuff when he's on the road with WWE. A big reason for not letting their guys work indies is injuries. The NFL isn't going to let their talent play in the CLF or AFL in the off season.

Just in case. Look at CM Punk. He owns CM Punk, and WWE let him keep it when he joined the company. Now, CM Punk is going to UFC, and he is using his leverage as CM Punk to get a great deal from UFC.

It's all about ownership and owning the brand name they develop when you're in WWE, so they can market it and no one else, not even the guys. I don't really blame WWE for doing it, you don't see Daniel Craig getting other movie roles as "James Bond" do you?

They didn't own Hulk Hogan, and at one point, it bit them in the ass.

Can't get over how incredibly dumb R:EVOLUTION sounds. Spell it like that, by all means, but for the love of god when you SAY it just say 'revolution'. Fuck.

I don't think RVD does indie stuff when he's on the road with WWE.

Rob doesn't do many indies, most probably won't pay his asking price for the minimal amount of effort he puts in.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
R:Evolution is a mystery.

Seriously though it sounds like a Japanese Visual Novel or maybe a NJPW C tier show.

Scratch that NOAH.

tm24

Can't get over how incredibly dumb R:EVOLUTION sounds. Spell it like that, by all means, but for the love of god when you SAY it just say 'revolution'. Fuck..

I thought the point was that it spelled Revolution, but they're saying it Our Evolution

Top Bottom