• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Fox318

Booker isn't on a wrestler contract, so he's free to do whatever in his free time, just like King. I don't think RVD does indie stuff when he's on the road with WWE. A big reason for not letting their guys work indies is injuries. The NFL isn't going to let their talent play in the CLF or AFL in the off season.

NFL let Russel wilson attend Texas Rangers Spring training as a signed roster player and Josh Gordon came close to a deal with a CFL team during his suspension.

Just in case. Look at CM Punk. He owns CM Punk, and WWE let him keep it when he joined the company. Now, CM Punk is going to UFC, and he is using his leverage as CM Punk to get a great deal from UFC.

It's all about ownership and owning the brand name they develop when you're in WWE, so they can market it and no one else, not even the guys. I don't really blame WWE for doing it, you don't see Daniel Craig getting other movie roles as "James Bond" do you?

They didn't own Hulk Hogan, and at one point, it bit them in the ass.
I can understand if they are creating a new gimmick for them but in Steen's case isn't he pretty much himself?

But shouldn't their goal be to build a guy up so that his brand is that strong? Plus the amount of dudes that are going to go to UFC and Belator is pretty slim right now.

Its a shame that talent only gets about $0.15 per shirt they sell.

Sephzilla

Just in case. Look at CM Punk. He owns CM Punk, and WWE let him keep it when he joined the company. Now, CM Punk is going to UFC, and he is using his leverage as CM Punk to get a great deal from UFC.

It's all about ownership and owning the brand name they develop when you're in WWE, so they can market it and no one else, not even the guys. I don't really blame WWE for doing it, you don't see Daniel Craig getting other movie roles as "James Bond" do you?

That's not a real 1:1 comparison though.

When an actor goes on to another movie he tends to play a pretty different role from what he was in a different movie. In professional wrestling, when you jump from promotion to promotion you usually stay the same character, you do the same moves, etc.

jred2k

That's not a real 1:1 comparison though.

When an actor goes on to another movie he tends to play a pretty different role from what he was in a different movie. In professional wrestling, when you jump from promotion to promotion you usually stay the same character, you do the same moves, etc.

Plus Daniel Craig is actually credited as playing James Bond. It's not like MGM just says James Bond plays James Bond.

The actor comparison would only be fair if at the end of Raw that had a scroll that said "Kevin Steen as Kevin Owens".

That reminds me of the time about 10 years ago, WWE somehow let their licensing agreement with Marvel over the term "Hulk Hogan" lapse and they had to edit all mentions of "Hulk Hogan" on the website to either "Hollywood Hogan" or just "Hogan". lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That reminds me of the time about 10 years ago, WWE somehow let their licensing agreement with Marvel over the term "Hulk Hogan" lapse and they had to edit all mentions of "Hulk Hogan" on the website to either "Hollywood Hogan" or just "Hogan". lol

I remember that. I think it was even in one of the games.

Plus Daniel Craig is actually credited as playing James Bond. It's not like MGM just says James Bond plays James Bond.

The actor comparison would only be fair if at the end of Raw that had a scroll that said "Kevin Steen as Kevin Owens".

CM Punk was a pro wrestler.

CM Punk is now an MMA fighter.

Different things.

You're arguing over semantics, my point was made very clear.

Vylash

jM9ae1icGpvZA.jpg

jpPbhL4Nj4Tnm.jpg

jBdkkfBsd2Lu4.jpg

R:Evolution is a mystery.

Seriously though it sounds like a Japanese Visual Novel or maybe a NJPW C tier show.

Scratch that NOAH.

Insert joke that Charlotte looks haggard because she's secretly a 1000-years old demon here.

And it can't be a NOAH show name because it's not tangentially related to the Bible. Stro's explorations of the Old Testament probably unearthed more potential NOAH show names, though.

But then SAG might be pushed to recognizing professional wrestlers on WWE as actors worthy of membership to its union, and nobody wants that.

Also, fuck Alex Riley. He's the worst.

Punk is going to be announced as Phil "CM Punk" Brooks, right?

strobogo

Banned
Insert joke that Charlotte looks haggard because she's secretly a 1000-years old demon here.

And it can't be a NOAH show name because it's not tangentially related to the Bible. Stro's explorations of the Old Testament probably unearthed more potential NOAH show names, though.

But then SAG might be pushed to recognizing professional wrestlers on WWE as actors worthy of membership to its union, and nobody wants that.

Also, fuck Alex Riley. He's the worst.

Punk is going to be announced as Phil "CM Punk" Brooks, right?

R Return from Exile

Mount Sinai Massacre

Holy of Holies ALL OUT CONFLICTION

Golden Calf Iron Side Championship Struggle

This ep of MNW is the best. Kane gets outed and berried as Issac Yankem. Thunder gets berried HARD.

I'm sure NOAH have had a 'Navigate for Evolution' tour, maybe even 'Navigate for Revolution'.

Also, who the fuck wants to see Alex Riley? Can't stand that chump, but at least another run in the ring would give him some anecdotes beyond 'when I was feuding with the Miz' or 'that time I accompanied Miz to the ring at Mania'.

strobogo

Banned
I'm sure NOAH have had a 'Navigate for Evolution' tour, maybe even 'Navigate for Revolution'.

Also, who the fuck wants to see Alex Riley? Can't stand that chump, but at least another run in the ring would give him some anecdotes beyond 'when I was feuding with the Miz' or 'that time I accompanied Miz to the ring at Mania'.

Navigate the Nile

Judea Japan Justify

Pharaoh Struggle Battle

Numbers Navigation Class Power

tm24

Hah, I never noticed - I guess because of how everyone over there seems to pronounce 'our' (it generally doesn't sound the same as 'R', at least not in the Queen's English :p).
Yeah, my r and our sound the same. I thought it was a clever name though

It's that festive time of year.

Right now my coworker is threatening to kill me because I'm listening to A Jingle With Jillian. What a Scrooge.

Edit:

He just left the office.

Ithil

HHH on the NXT conference call sounded (through the guise of media-friendliness) a bit pissy about how Charlotte was booked on RAW. He said she was supposed to get a lot more time and it got cut down as the show was rewritten. Also that when she debuts for real he would want her presently much differently than that. He said he had input on the tag match they had with Neville/Zayn/Kidd/Breeze they did before the last show, but had no input on Charlotte's match this time and wasn't involved in the process.

Fox318

HHH on the NXT conference call sounded (through the guise of media-friendliness) a bit pissy about how Charlotte was booked on RAW. He said she was supposed to get a lot more time and it got cut down as the show was rewritten. Also that when she debuts for real he would want her presently much differently than that.

Also didn't that opening sound like he wanted to show the medical and health side of NXT to dispel the Punk stories?

Nekofrog

Banned
the booker t action figure shot needs to be seen in glorious webm. how do i crop a region on my screen in a video file to just one area?

Hmmmmmm. Someone who was voting for Superstar of the Year noticed this when they went to vote. Note the lack of separators.

B4YnyGAIYAAUD2v.jpg:large

Any designer could tell you what that means.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The real irony is that Inoki IS Jesus, now converted to Islam, and is mocking Christians by prostrating himself on the cross.

We need to go deeper. I won't be satisfied until the circle of logic paints inoki as satan AND god.

Cagey

Banned
I'm looking, and I'm not understanding.

It has something to do with missing dividers between the options of "Daniel Bryan" and "Roman Reigns". Don't believe WWE's lies: jet fuel can't burn hot enough to melt those dividers. Those were intentionally destroyed.

Top Bottom