• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

DMczaf

No buildup for Cesaro vs Fandango?

gw6itmy.gif

Well Bryan lives in a bus so he could have been in SC for unrelated reasons.

I thought he's out back of every taping/PPV holding Brie's handbag and organic soy shake. What else would he be doing, working out? LOL

Liar. When he gets ranked in UFC, and then gets destroyed by someone who has done it all their life, he'll come crawling back.

Everyone does. It may take forever like Warrior or Sting, but he will be in a WWE ring again

Nah it'll depend on how the Marvel and talk show stuff turns out. If he gets bored of that maybe he'll come back in some capacity on a stupidly one side contract (in his favour).

Alright that officially overtook the RKO From Space as my favourite RKO lol

I'd be up for a Wyatt/Undertaker match. Should be rad if it's the retirement match and ends with supernatural shit like Wyatt absorbing his power. I think I already fantasy booked this.

Though I think it would have been better last year. But still rad.

DMczaf

WWE has applied for trademarks for the following terms, “AWA American Wrestling Association,” “Beyond the Ring,” “Crush Couture” (sounds like a new name for a wrestler or a movie character), “Crush Wear” (seemingly this new wrestler they have heavy merchandising hopes for), “NXT,” “Skull King,” MizDow,” “Total Divas” and “Shelton Benjamin.”

I think it'd definitely bring Wyatt back from the dead after the Cena/Jericho stuff. His promos could finally have a direction because it'd be an actual storyline where things happen instead of just sputtering out or being forgotten. They could even bring back the Kane thing where Wyatt controls his brother.

Undertaker makes a surprise return and says that he will never wrestle again. Thanks the fans. Over the next few weeks Wyatt begins fucking with Kane, finally making him one of his, having him attack people. Wyatt's looking for The Undertaker. Trying to draw him out if you wheeeel.

The deadman doesn't get to retire just like that. Not without facing me. He has to prove that Sister Abigail's chosen one is stronger than The Undertaker. He needs their power to become god. Not exactly what he should do to get the nuclear heat to get Undertaker to come back. Maybe fucking with Paul Bearer's ashes like Punk did. idk.

Anyway after a few weeks of that Undertaker finally appears and accepts his challenge. WM match happens, I think Wyatt's gotta win with the year he's had, but probably through cooler supernatural shenanigans than holograms and singing children. It ends with Wyatt putting Undertaker and Kane in caskets and burning them, the screen goes dark and when it comes back the caskets are gone and all that's left is an urn that Wyatt's holding.

FUCK YOU I LOVE THIS KIND OF STUFF.

Some Observer stuff;

. Cole may have to have shoulder surgery, so ROH decided against doing a title change at Final Battle

. Alberto 'El Patron' will debut for ROH in January - this was meant to be a big announcement at the PPV, but they didn't have a video ready in time

. The ROH and NWA title defences were cut from Wrestle Kingdom plans due to time constraints. Tenzan and Desperado were set to go for the NWA Heavyweight & Jr. titles, respectively. There was also the possibility of them doing Marufuji vs Kojima for the GHC belt at the Dome, but that was also cut.

. Looking like the 'New Japan Rumble' at Wrestle Kingdom will be a dark match ahead of the US start time, so Bucks vs Time Splitters will be the opener with good ol' JR at ringside muttering about the "damn kids not slowing it down"

. The New Japan show on AXS TV in the US will start on 01/16 with the Tanahashi vs Okada match from Wrestle Kingdom 8, followed by Okada vs Goto from the NJ Cup Finals and a CHAOS vs Suzuki-gun tag on 01/23 and then the Okada vs Tanahashi match from Invasion Attack on 01/30. Meltzer said Barnett & Ranallo "killed it" on commentary.

Someone did using TEW. There's a mod database full of computer game characters, with different promotions based on their Franchise. There's a Cartoon/Comic database like that too. It's fun.

If you include the ones from the Deception/Armageddon era, there's probably like 100 characters to use. One of them even has the farting gimmick that Vince could reuse.

Oh god, face Orton vs Kane? The only way you could make me want to see that less is by adding Big Shoe to the mix.

As far as planned direction right now, Orton is slated as a face. There were market specific interviews for Canada that aired with Kane vowing to get back at Orton for the choices he’s made, leading to house show matches, which aired on the Canadian version of Raw this week, so right now his program is designated to be as a face with Kane.

Heel

"Crush Couture” (sounds like a new name for a wrestler or a movie character), “Crush Wear” (seemingly this new wrestler they have heavy merchandising hopes for)

Looks like King is getting a new wardrobe. #FuckingCarnies

Nekofrog

Banned
maybe it's just because the only competition was mark madden and tony schiavone but icp was great on the commentary bench during bash 2000 (or was it another ppv, i don't remember, i watched two of them today)

like their voices were perfectly suited and they were actually knowledgeable in what they were talking about while still being entertaining

i feel so damn dirty now. time to go take a faygo shower.

maybe it's just because the only competition was mark madden and tony schiavone but icp was great on the commentary bench during bash 2000 (or was it another ppv, i don't remember, i watched two of them today)

like their voices were perfectly suited and they were actually knowledgeable in what they were talking about while still being entertaining

i feel so damn dirty now. time to go take a faygo shower.

I've generally got a lot of time for the clowns when it comes to wrestling - they always tried hard in the ring, took some damn nasty bumps, Shaggy's got a really great looking DDT and on commentary they come across as funny, enthusiastic guys who genuinely love wrestling. Also, by all accounts they're great promoters to work for who pay well, by indie standards.

the NXT Women's Div isn't great right now despite being miles ahead of RAW. There's nothing for Bayley to do so she just sells attacks and looks helpless so Charlotte doesn't have to (same with Becky with Sasha, really). Carmella is still super green. I don't know why they don't just sign Leva and Mia, they're probably both better than her

Fox318

So for Mania, we most likely got:

-Reigns vs Lesnar for the WWE WHC
-Sting vs. Triple H
-Wyatt vs Taker
-Cena vs ... Rusev for the Deceleration of Independence
-Sandow vs Miz
-The Usos open tag team invitational
-diva roster skirmish

Edit:
Rollins vs. Orton?
Ambrose vs relevancy? (AKA Kane)

Lesnar isn't enough of a heel to go against reigns.

This is the card the will probably force down everyone's throat

Reigns vs Rollins for WWE WHC
Orton vs Lesnar
Sting vs HHH
Ambrose vs Ziggler vs Kane
Cena vs Rusev
Miz vs Mizdow
Dusts vs Usos Tag Title
Battle Royal with Bray winning
Charlotte vs Paige vs AJ
Big Show vs Cesaro vs Hornswoggle

Ithil

the NXT Women's Div isn't great right now despite being miles ahead of RAW. There's nothing for Bayley to do so she just sells attacks and looks helpless so Charlotte doesn't have to (same with Becky with Sasha, really). Carmella is still super green. I don't know why they don't just sign Leva and Mia, they're probably both better than her

The problem there is Paige and Emma are gone, and so Bayley/Sasha/Charlotte are really the entire division, because none of the other women are really ready because they haven't signed any indie women lately and the non-indie wrestlers like Alexa or Carmella take several years before they're good and can be focused on. Becky is starting to get more focus but that's still only four.

They used to sign a mix of indie wrestlers an non-wrestlers, the indie girls could be on TV pretty quickly while the non-wrestlers were more long term projects. But somewhere they messed up the rhythm and so they only have non-wrestlers in the pipeline right now.

They need to sign some more SHIMMER girls.

Top Bottom