• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
tumblr_ngdn51AEqj1t1jybso1_1280.jpg

badnewsgavel.gif

Sucks because I really enjoy watching both of them but I feel like they are on the out now.

Only one problem:

"We need to emphasize the legacy of the six-sided ring"

Would be hilarious if they made a logo ring using I M P over A C T. Would look pretty boss if they used an 80's style on it.

This ep of MNW is the best. Kane gets outed and berried as Issac Yankem. Thunder gets berried HARD.

Is that this weeks or last weeks? I've been having major issues streaming the Network after about 10pm every night. Before then is perfectly fine, after that time it's a fucking shit show to get it to run for more than 20 seconds without stopping to buffer >_<

tm24

I really hope AAA lets Fantasma come back as Cuerno. He's so much better as Cuerno

Also, love the fact that Drago is perched over the arena

tm24

Haha holy shit. They're doing Octagon's thing for Pentagon Jr, which is great since Pentagon is already a better worker than Octagon ever was. I mean, yeah, Pentagon has always been booked is Octagon's shadow, but they never did the martial artist thing for any of the Pentagons

Zero miedo fools

Alucard

Banned
N/M. Got Lucha going on now.

That Pentagon vignette was badass as fuuuuuck.

What happened in the Cuerno match? Did it even happen?

tm24

That Pentagon vignette was badass as fuuuuuck.

What happened in the Cuerno match? Did it even happen?

Cuerno match was a squash to put over Cuerno. I didn't see Super Fly on any other results, so this was probably his only single match of his stint in LU. he'll probably be in the battle royale.

It's really weird seeing Pentagon and Sexy Star on opposite sides, since they're the best mixed tag team ever

VoxPop

Lol randomly channel surfing and came across Lucha Underground. Wtf is this and how long has it been around? Already better promos than WWE and John Morrison about to be in a ladder match for an imaginary 100k!

Dan Lambert said:
Of those he says his favorite was the original WWWF belt, when they first started and brought in Buddy Rogers to fight Bruno Sanmartino to create the championship.

"That was probably my best belt, but when WWE decided to do their brick-and-mortar Hall of Fame they wanted the belt so bad for their HOF," he says. "And the guy that got it for me, he makes their belts. So they were like, hey, we really need this belt. So I gave it to them and they gave me a couple of other belts in return."

Dan Lambert in an interview talking about all the championship belts he owns.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/12/...er-dan-lambert-finally-got-the-belt-he-wanted

Alucard

Banned
Lol randomly channel surfing and came across Lucha Underground. Wtf is this and how long has it been around? Already better promos than WWE and John Morrison about to be in a ladder match for an imaginary 100k!

This is episode 07. Lucha Underground is the new hotness.

tm24

Its pretty awesome so far. Has a very different ambience compared to WWE. Who owns it? Any other known wrestlers?

The El Rey network owns it. Mark Burnett and his production company are in charge of the tv stuff. AAA (mexican lucha libre promotion) provides the wrestling stuff and the luchadors. SoCal indy scene covers the non-luchadors for the most part

strobogo

Banned
I was reading a pretty dope book about historical Jesus (Zealot by Reza Aslan) and the last 2 chapters are about Paul. Even if you don't subscribe to anything Aslan says and infers about Jesus, the shit Paul was saying was completely out of touch and radical as shit just surrounding the time he was in. If you do buy into what Aslan is saying (that Jesus the man was essentially a hard line Jew, a zealot if you will, who by talking about the Kingdom of God/Heaven was actually calling for a legitimate kingdom on earth by overthrowing Rome and him being crucified at all was evidence that he was killed for sedition by Rome, not stoned by the Jews. It then talks about how later followers changed him from Jesus the Dude to Jesus the Christ and the reasons around that.), then Paul's teachings were WILDLY inaccurate to everything Jesus was about. And by my reading, Paul's teachings are pretty inaccurate and opposing of Jesus even within the canonized gospels.

Just reminded me to say FUCK PAUL. That cunt. I'm pleased to know that James (brother of Jesus) thought Paul was a right cunt as well.

It's an interesting book. Hard to really say how accurate it or any book about historical Jesus can be, but much of the focus was really about the time and area that produced Jesus and how his teachings were interpreted at the time and shortly after his death. Only about 216 pages and pretty briskly paced.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have Hornswoggle on a kiss cam with a like...13 year old girl? Do they think because he's his small he never ages?

Top Bottom