• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Alucard

Banned
you think Jay Lethal is a star. Your opinion is invalid.

To think I wanted to do a podcast with you.

Lethal-Truth.jpg

More heat than Bad Luck Fale will ever get, man.

Alucard

Banned
This honestly sounds like some shit NXT fanbase would believe though.

Randy Orton, a multi-time WWE Champion, recently tweeted: “I’ve achieved many things in my career, but my ultimate goal is to win the NXT Championship in front of 150 fans at Full Sail University.”

I love it, maggle.

Big One

Banned
Bob Sapp was IWGP Champion correct? You mean a promotion in Japan had a black champion before WWE? Bleh...fuck WWE. I'm through with this, I swear. >_>

XenoRaven

Randy Orton, a multi-time WWE Champion, recently tweeted: “I’ve achieved many things in my career, but my ultimate goal is to win the NXT Championship in front of 150 fans at Full Sail University.”

I love it, maggle.
You forgot the hilarious quotes around "Full Sail University".

Cagey

Banned
I'm a prime example of someone who has turned away from the WWE over the past few months due to bullshit character motivations, random turns, horseshit booking, and lazy writing. Fuck 'em 'til they get better.

The WWE needs to worry about reaching TNA levels where they build up so much bad will from fans that even when they do something good, no one gives a shit.
No they don't. The group that these alternative outfits appeal to is very small.

Lucha Underground was FANTASTIC tonight! Super Fly looked decent during his match with Cuerno but the entire time I was thinking I need more Drago matches. Chavo and Fenix was also really good and I feel like Chavo is more motivated here than the end of his WWE run and entire TNA run. The ladder match had a lot of fun spots and Big Ryck didn't look lost in there with the high flyers.

Cagey

Banned
I think that it doesn't matter who you are, hardcore fan or casual, if a company gives you shit for long enough, eventually you'll turn away.
TNA had the same ratings every week for three centuries. I think you're factually incorrect here.

Besides, house gate receipts are just as important. Merch sales. The people who fill coffers in those avenues aren't the people who would suddenly take up NJPW.

Reading Titan Sinking: The decline of the WWF in 1995

517OEyfLlwL.jpg

It's mostly stuff you have already read but there is some interesting stories from those who were there and it doesn't just cover 1995. An entire chapter is devoted to the rumored Randy Savage/Stephanie relationship.

Anyone who's anybody in the business believes it to be true.

Alucard

Banned
TNA had the same ratings every week for three centuries. I think you're factually incorrect here.

Besides, house gate receipts are just as important. Merch sales. The people who fill coffers in those avenues aren't the people who would suddenly take up NJPW.

True enough. I'm probably just being optimistic. Really, I hope Vince and the WWE do well, but I almost feel like they need to lose a bunch of money and continue losing it to realize their product isn't attracting people like it used to. And that it's the product's own fault for that.

I'm just talking out of my ass right now. It's midnight WrassleGAF.

Fox318

True enough. I'm probably just being optimistic. Really, I hope Vince and the WWE do well, but I almost feel like they need to lose a bunch of money and continue losing it to realize their product isn't attracting people like it used to. And that it's the product's own fault for that.

I'm just talking out of my ass right now. It's midnight WrassleGAF.
Shame is that roster has talent.

Honestly they could use a different executive producer before better creative.

Does wrestling really need a hard camera?

Alucard

Banned
Probably been asked a hundo times, but is there any place I can watch LU online? It'd be fun to just marathon and catch up

Too lazy to look it up right now, but if you go to dailymotion.com and just search "Lucha Underground ep01, ep02, etc. you should be okay. Episode 7 was tonight.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Too lazy to look it up right now, but if you go to dailymotion.com and just search "Lucha Underground ep01, ep02, etc. you should be okay. Episode 7 was tonight.

These free and LEGAL bro? I'd hate for someone to go around promoting piracy.

strobogo

Banned
Remember when Lethal got super over as black Macho Man? And then he got to feud with Ric Flair? And then Ric Flair put him over completely clean? And then TNA got rid of him for reasons no one has figured out to this day?

Alucard

Banned
Did a write-up of NJPW World Tag League.

http://www.wrestleenigma.com/new-ja...d-review-from-the-perspective-of-a-new-viewer

NJPW-World-Tag-League-2014.jpg

Conclusion: Hard to recommend this show to people who aren’t already New Japan fans. As a relative neophyte to the promotion myself I often found it hard to keep watching because I either didn’t know the stories, or I didn’t think the wrestling was all that good. Naito and AJ kept my interest when they were in the ring, but I found out that they’ve already had a one-one match at the G1, so I’ll be looking forward to checking that out. Otherwise, this was just a show. Not a bad one, but one that didn’t leave me feeling like I had to keep watching or tuning back to see what happened next to most of these performers. I’m also not sure how the hell they actually decided who’s going to be the number one contender for the tag titles. I’d say skip this unless you’re already a New Japan fan.

Shibata.gif

GotoAnderson.gif

Kojima-Chops-Dane.gif

Maria2.gif

Top Bottom