• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I hate that corner chops spot that whatshisface does, it looks ridiculous, even for NJPW

I hate that corner chops spot that whatshisface does, it looks ridiculous, even for NJPW
ibjMnKJ0ifMTq4.gif

Gonzalez

Banned
The Machine Gun Chops are an homage to Kobashi, but they are pretty ridiculous. Especially because Kojima's hands have become two permanent claws due to severe nerve damage.

Alucard

Banned
We should do a podcast FE. It would be great

Also, fuck Lethal's finisher. Goddamn that shit

It's not a great finisher, but I've seen it so often now that it doesn't bother me nearly as much. I'd still be down for podcasting if ya'll need a LU or ROH mark.

DMczaf

What would happen if WWE was hacked?

Would we get to see all the racist chain emails between Vince, H, and Hayes? Assuming Vince and Hayes use email, of course.

Can the world handle that much concentrated racism? It would be 4chan x Infinity.

Racism that dense would destroy the internet as we know it.

bahaha i watched a clip of brock lesnar appearing on jimmy fallon and he's about to demonstrate the 'rear naked choke' on jimmy and jimmy is like tim allen hurgh? when he hears that name and brock says 'yeah it's kind of a g....uhh' and then jimmy cuts him off

i know he wasn't even in wwe at the time or whatever but i also just watched some random clip of stephanie out with dx during 2000 or so and she calls kane a retard. the 9 minute clip overall was pretty entertaning but man, you really can't suspend disbelief for long watching any piece of wrestling that ALL of these people, even the comparatively good ones, aren't pretty awful.

gotta quit it somehow, man!

i know he wasn't even in wwe at the time or whatever but i also just watched some random clip of stephanie out with dx during 2000 or so and she calls kane a retard. the 9 minute clip overall was pretty entertaning but man, you really can't suspend disbelief for long watching any piece of wrestling that ALL of these people, even the comparatively good ones, aren't pretty awful.

gotta quit it somehow, man!

I honestly can't even tell you how many times Kane was called "retard" or "the big red retard" during the Attitude Era.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I love this thread. can we have some gifs of Nakamura's ridiculous corner "stomping" too? :p

tm24

I really would like to. I think it would be fun.

My weird idea for a Wrasslegaf podcast was basically we would assign an event and watch it, like we say Dreamslam II or When Worlds Collide and then talk about it. One person would know the event and the other ideally would of never watched it fully or didnt really remember it and i think it would just be neat to do.

So, what exactly was at stake in Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi, Tougi Makabe, and La Sombra vs. Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii, and Yoshi-Hashi???

Just feels like a random tag match with a bunch of cool wrestlers.

It's part of the build towards Wrestle Kingdom - look at the teams; Tanahashi is facing Okada, Ibushi is facing Nakamura, Makabe is facing Ishii and Sombra & YOSHI are just there to make up the numbers. They have a fair few random tags in Japanese wrestling, but often it's with wrestlers who'll be wrestling each other at the next big PPV.

RobbieNick

Okay, so I just watched Jingle All the Way 2 out of morbid curiosty. My thoughts.

Take Jingle all the Way, take out the cynical meaness for a much softer edge (everyone's basically a nice guy by the end) and take out any and all humor that might make you at least chuckle slightly.

With just some rewrites in the humor department, this could have been an at least "okay" movie as it has a decent moral at the end.

At least they explain why E-Bay wouldn't work (delivery date past the 25th).

I never laughed once. Not even close.

The little girl in the movie over acts and "cutesies" up her scenes at every opportunity.

Hearing Santino Morella without his fake accent seems weird. I've never heard him without it.

Speaking of Santino. His character has no real reason to exist. He just listens to Larrys' exposition and responds with the moral of the story. Even if they needed someone for Larry to talk about his problems with, they have another character (a waitress at a diner he frequents) that he does that with anyway.

Why did they not re-use the Big Show? He had a cameo in the first movie as security for these bootleg toy makers. There's a scene where they have to meet a seller who's getting the toys illegally. They could have easily fit those elf bootleg toy characters into that scene with the Big Show and had a connection to the first movie.

Ovrall it's inoffensive, but the humor falls real flat and it's really really bland. There's nothing to enjoy even as a bad movie.

Rhaknar

It's part of the build towards Wrestle Kingdom - look at the teams; Tanahashi is facing Okada, Ibushi is facing Nakamura, Makabe is facing Ishii and Sombra & YOSHI are just there to make up the numbers. They have a fair few random tags in Japanese wrestling, but often it's with wrestlers who'll be wrestling each other at the next big PPV.

that ibushi vs nakamura match from the 2013 G1 was amazing, Ibushi seels the boma ya like a pro, cant wait for the wrestle kingdom match

Okay, so I just watched Jingle All the Way 2 out of morbid curiosty. My thoughts.

Take Jingle all the Way, take out the cynical meaness for a much softer edge (everyone's basically a nice guy by the end) and take out any and all humor that might make you at least chuckle slightly.

With just some rewrites in the humor department, this could have been an at least "okay" movie as it has a decent moral at the end.

At least they explain why E-Bay wouldn't work (delivery date past the 25th).

I never laughed once. Not even close.

The little girl in the movie over acts and "cutesies" up her scenes at every opportunity.

Hearing Santino Morella without his fake accent seems weird. I've never heard him without it.

Speaking of Santino. His character has no real reason to exist. He just listens to Larrys' exposition and responds with the moral of the story. Even if they needed someone for Larry to talk about his problems with, they have another character (a waitress at a diner he frequents) that he does that with anyway.

Why did they not re-use the Big Show? He had a cameo in the first movie as security for these bootleg toy makers. There's a scene where they have to meet a seller who's getting the toys illegally. They could have easily fit those elf bootleg toy characters into that scene with the Big Show and had a connection to the first movie.

Ovrall it's inoffensive, but the humor falls real flat and it's really really bland. There's nothing to enjoy even as a bad movie.

Do they mention Turbo Man in the sequel?

For *some* of the brand split, yeah. A couple of years, but I still think it was generally the better show. While DX were dropping doo doo on The Spirit Squad, King Booker was ruling over on Smackdown.

Edge and Vickie happened on Smackdown.

It was a solid wrestling focused show with longer matches and less toilet humour. A lot of the workers put in extra effort since they'd been 'relegated' to the B show. It had better tag teams (MNM, Spanky and Alfalfa, Regal and Taylor compared to Cryme Time and the Highlanders or whatever they were called).

It wasn't espescially creative. The booking was very straight forwards most of the time... but it worked, imho.

Brand split Smackdown was fantastic under Heyman, absolutely, but I still think even without Heyman it was *generally* the better show.

I mean, it was a place where you could regularly see Finlay and Regal go at it. It was worth putting up with Hornswoggle to see those two go.

Nice thanks for the rundown. Would love to see Smackdown regain relevance.

So there was a heroin bust in my city. Part of a ring from New York. I know two of the ones arrested as part of the ring (a girl who went to school for nuclear medicine and has an ass for days, and her little sister), plus 6 related arrested. Had no idea there was a heroin scene here.
Drugs are everywhere man, white collar too.

Ice is insanely bad here now. Tons of people are connected in it, whoever moved it into town and started dealing did a great job getting the everyman hooked. I know a few people who had addictions no one even knew about, tore their families apart and now they are completely fucked, ruined their lives bad. Shit is just everywhere which sucks.

Shit spirals out of control super fast with these addictive substances.

Mengetsu

Full Interview: The Score

The Irish wrestler who’s living the dream in WWE

nxt_09252014ej_1527-390x285.jpg

A snippet:
At the relatively late age of 33 (10 years older than his hero Shawn Michaels was when he began with the company), Devitt officially joined WWE last July and despite its ostensible inevitability, he is in no way blasé about becoming part of the world’s biggest and most famous wrestling promotion.

“It’s kind of like the culmination of 14 years hard work,” he says.
“At the beginning, I just wanted to have a wrestling match, and I did that in England. I just took it step by step and to be here in WWE — it’s a real feeling of achievement. But now that I’m here, I want to achieve more. So this is the beginning of a whole new chapter for me.
“It’s been an incredible experience so far and I’m just looking forward to seeing what happens in the future.

“WWE is the biggest wrestling company in the world, and it is that for a reason.”
Devitt has signed with NXT, WWE’s developmental branch, located in Winter Park, Florida and the Irish athlete has been highly impressed by the company in the short time that he’s spent there.
“The coaches here include Billy Gunn, Matt Bloom, Norman Smiley and Terry Taylor… So there’s just a wealth of experience to learn from.

“It’s really been like the floodgates have opened for me. The amount I’ve learned in the last three or four months here has surpassed what I learned in the past three or four years before that.”
Devitt wrestles under the ring name Finn Bálor, which is derived from the Irish mythological figures Fionn mac Cumhaill and Bálor, with the latter also meaning ‘Demon King’.

The up-and-coming star hopes to make the step up to an even bigger stage in the WWE eventually, but for now, he is more than content with his rate of progress.
“I take it each day as it comes. Our next pay-per-view is Thursday, and we have myself and Hideo Itami against the Ascension. My next target is that match really.”

Lucha was fantastic even if the opening match
was a fairly average squash match (although Cuerno is always cool to see).
Fenix vs Chavo was fantastic, great work by both wrestlers. The action moved quick and there was good variety, only issue was the camera work during the first suicide dive by Fenix which really needed a cut or two more to hide the fact that Chavo & Pentagon Jnr were standing around so damn long waiting for him to jump onto them. Even the commentary was great with Vampiro throwing in some light heel commentary as well as prompting Striker to explain why certain moves were good/being used. The dropkick counter by Chavo looked boss as fuck too.
Ladder match was a ton of fun. Crowd chanting HOLY SHIT got a laugh out of me too. I wouldn't expect El Ray to have a Standards & Practices suit lol. Big Ryck worked really well in the context of the match.

I saw some mention of Mad Man Manson's retirement in this thread, thought this was a fun quote from an interview he did:

“I don’t like wrestling. That doesn’t mean I dislike wrestling, I just nothing wrestling, I don’t get it. I don’t get the appeal of it. The same way some people say about football ‘It’s just a bunch of lads running around kicking a ball’ That’s me with wrestling. I don’t get why people like it. But, you know, I’m glad they do, they paid my rent for ten years.”

Manson literally never watched wrestling before getting involved, and had a 10 year career as a comedy guy while never "getting" wrestling.

You can listen to the interview here: http://balls.ie/wrestling/irish-wre...prise-retirement-cm-punk-ufc-weeks-low-blows/ Warning: it autoplays, and I'd recommend skipping to the interview (about 30:17) as the hosts fucked me right off.

Hasney

I just received a travel alert that the signals are out on Scott Hall Road. I thought he fell off the wagon there for a second.

Mengetsu

So I found out after Jericho's podcast with Ambrose that he hasn't liked one promo he has done since being brought to Raw. Hate's the scrips cause it doesn't feel natural or real but does them to make the back happy. Also it was Vince's idea with the promo on Raw awhile back with the dummy Rollins and he was explaining how Vince was talking to himself with the doll. Explaining to Ambrose how to cut the hands off and say "I'm gonna rip your face off!"
KuGsj.gif

aChZRlt.gif

gw6itmy.gif

Just started watching NXT

When the ref throws up cross hands does that mean the match is over due to injury or is it just some bullshit DQ thing? Coz fuck Neville, I was enjoying watching Zayn and I should watch this every week it seems

Top Bottom