• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Hasney

The Bo Dallas NXT ending and epilogue is the best. There was a reason we were excited to see him on Raw.

There was a reason...

Yup. People, remember this when you think "God, I can't wait until my fave NXT person is on Raw".

Just enjoy the good times of NXT.

Verendus

Banned
Unrelated

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting Randy Orton will enter a feud with Kane when he returns to WWE television.

2lbhvlv_zps5eb2b3cf.gif
Holy shit.

Why have I never seen this before? This is amazing.

Verendus

Banned
I don't know, if he manages to recreate moments like that gem, I'd watch them feud.

And by watch, I mean I'll happily see the gif when it's posted in this thread.

Hasney

The only people that will be left on Twitter actively at this rate is people just making threats to each other.

It'll be like a fun zoo.

strobogo

Banned
Say what you will about the dying days of WCW, but they were WAY ahead of WWE when it came to the internet. They were doing (audio) iPPVs in 1998. They had shows allowing fans to vote for matches online in 2000. They had interactive chats and video clips during shows (almost always Thunder, though) in 2000. They had what was basically their own podcast. Way ahead of the times.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They also destroyed any younger talent in favour of older talent. That's considered normal today, but back then, it was revolutionary!

This has been the case ever since wrasslin became fixed. Entrenched interests and proven money makers always win out over young up and comers. Same shit happens in the indies, sometimes even worse than what goes on in the Fed.

Fox318

I was watching one of the One Night Stand Shows (2005?) where Awesome did a suicide dive and fucking Styles says 'it's a shame he didn't succeed in taking his own life'

Yeah until two years later : (

Awesome didn't want to get paid in Heyman's imaginary money.

Incidentally, I was watching Wrestlewar '91 with some friends last night and everyone was well impressed with Hansen and Vader beating the shit out of each other for 6 or so minutes. I'll have to go back and gif it, no real lariatooooo from Hansen, but Vader hits a fucking huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge clothesline out of the corner at one point. Shit was awesome.

A great decision about 5 years too late.

This has been the case ever since wrasslin became fixed. Entrenched interests and proven money makers always win out over young up and comers. Same shit happens in the indies, sometimes even worse than what goes on in the Fed.

Yeah, true. It's just that WCW's famous for collapsing mainly becauss of that. Sounds like being a wrestler's pretty hit and miss.

Although... I wouldn't give a flying fart about the stupid 'balance of power' if we could get more matches with the quality of Hogan and Bischoff Vs DDP and Jay Leno.

You missed the reaction
orton2.gif

I know he gets plenty of stick around here, but I really like Orton recently for how he just... Wrestles.

strobogo

Banned
Incidentally, I was watching Wrestlewar '91 with some friends last night and everyone was well impressed with Hansen and Vader beating the shit out of each other for 6 or so minutes. I'll have to go back and gif it, no real lariatooooo from Hansen, but Vader hits a fucking huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge clothesline out of the corner at one point. Shit was awesome.

I think I have it giffed.

ibaYluEV1k2zoI.gif

RP912

Banned
Ran into Adrian Neville on my way to lunch. Dude is so short! Super nice guy though.

height shaming

damn those camera really make the nxt vanilla midgets look larger than life...

I swear he looks tall in those matches in a sid vicious meets rvd type of way.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Orton can be such a nut in the ring. Remember him going off on a fan for calling for a DQ in a No-DQ match?

"RING THE BELL!? IT'S NO DQ! RING THE BELL? YOU KIDDING ME? THERE'S NO BELL TO RIIIING!"
Then a moment later he paused before dumping Bryan on the announce desk to point at said fan and yell
"YOU DID THIS!"

Ah, there it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYyOXRfsrBA
THERE'S NO BELL TO RIIING

lmfao

like a true villain

Top Bottom