• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Fox318

brock-hits-show-with-chair.gif

This is pretty much what I want to happen every time Big Slow is on. If it's not happening, don't waste everyone's time.

Its stuff like this why Reigns should never face Lesnar.

Lesnar is not a true heel. He is a monster but I wouldn't say he is a heel.

bjork

This was my second time seeing it, and I've also seen the 25th Anniversary blu-ray. This was my wife's fourth time seeing it (including twice in London). The stage pieces were a little different from what I remember in my last show, but they were very nice. My wife said they were the best setpieces she'd seen from all four shows. There were a couple small changes to dialogue as well, but it wasn't anything that was going to break the performances or anything. All of the performers did a great job.

Ah, cool. I'm gonna look up some of the stuff and see if I can even notice. I saw it once, and then the blu-ray, but prior to seeing it live I'd only seen the silent film. So I'm interested to see different takes on the same concept.

Fox318

He's a heel to the kind of people who like Reigns.

And what about the people who like Lesnar? Unless they have Lesnar attempt to do something like punch a small child how do you get heat on him?

Also BREAKING NEWS

Lazy Big Show and Rowan switch to Escalator Match

Professional wrestlers The Big Show and Erick Rowan announced today that, due to general lethargy from the “winter blahs,” they have changed their scheduled “Stairs Match” at Sunday’s WWE pay-per-view to an “Escalator Match.”

http://www.kayfabenews.com/lazy-rowan-big-show-switch-escalator-match/

Cagey

Banned
Its stuff like this why Reigns should never face Lesnar.

Lesnar is not a true heel. He is a monster but I wouldn't say he is a heel.

From where I sit, Lesnar has been the face in every match he's had since his return excepting Mark Henry, friend.

Cena's tired ass had it comin'. H3's egotistical ass had it comin'. Punk's wannabe Karate Kid had it comin'. Taker's old ass had it comin'. Big Show's fat ass had it comin'.

Thorakai

I'm so sad Lesnar isn't going to get the chance to face D.Bry, Orton, Bray, Ambrose, or Rollins.

Basically I can't believe they wasted him on HHH and Cener.

Fox318

I'm so sad Lesnar isn't going to get the chance to face D.Bry, Orton, Bray, Ambrose, or Rollins.

LDTIGHr.jpg

"GOTTA PUSH THE SON I WANTED AND THE BODY I CRAVE. IS LINDA RUNNING AGAIN? GOTTA MAKE THE COMPANY LOOK PROFESSIONAL FOR HER"

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

What are you talking about? Vince listens to the fans, Cena vs Lesnar 3 is what everyone wants!

The fans voted Roman Reigns superstar of the year, so I actually do believe Vince when he says he listens to the fans and then we get Cena/Lesnar III.

The WrestleMania 2000 triangle ladder match is weird. I chalk it up to paving the way for the soon-to-come TLC match but it's clear the WWE producers/whoever have come a long way in making these matches gel from the get go.

What is a stairs match anyway, does it run by wrestling gimmick match logic in which case the winner is the one to successfully climb the steps and stand at their mighty peak for 5 referee counts without falling off? I sure hope so.
Just imagine after 12 minutes of semi-gruelling action Big Show staggers over to the steps and lethargically places one foot on the first step much to the crowds dismay, in a slow and cumbersome fashion he wills his remaining foot onto the step while Cole begs for Rowan to get up. Show takes another 10 seconds to scale the steel mountain wheezing as he goes and the ref begins to count
ONE...
TWO...
THREE...
FOUR.... (NOT THIS WAY DAMMIT!)
Suddenly at the last second Rowan springs to life with a mighty running dropkick into the steps, the giant teeters back and forth as the crowd watch in awe, before the ref reches five Show plunges all the way to the padded mat ever so slightly below, not even Joey Styles could capture the intensity and carnage of the moment.

But I suppose the chair match doesn't involve setting up and sitting on the chair unopposed (just imagine the crafty tack on seat action if it did) so it's going to be a match where stairs are not only welcomed, they're allowed.

What is a stairs match anyway, does it run by wrestling gimmick match logic in which case the winner is the one to successfully climb the steps and stand at their mighty peak for 5 referee counts without falling off? I sure hope so.
Just imagine after 12 minutes of semi-gruelling action Big Show staggers over to the steps and lethargically places one foot on the first step much to the crowds dismay, in a slow and cumbersome fashion he wills his remaining foot onto the step while Cole begs for Rowan to get up. Show takes another 10 seconds to scale the steel mountain wheezing as he goes and the ref begins to count
ONE...
TWO...
THREE...
FOUR.... (NOT THIS WAY DAMMIT!)
Suddenly at the last second Rowan springs to life with a mighty running dropkick into the steps, the giant teeters back and forth as the crowd watch in awe, before the ref reches five Show plunges all the way to the padded mat ever so slightly below, not even Joey Styles could capture the intensity and carnage of the moment.

But I suppose the chair match doesn't involve setting up and sitting on the chair unopposed (just imagine the crafty tack on seat action if it did) so it's going to be a match where stairs are not only welcomed, they're allowed.

They should have to fight on the arena steps, and the first person who gets pushed off the steps loses. Also, steel steps line the sides of the staircase and are legal.

This would be really fucking stupid, but at least hilariously ridiculous.

It's just going to be a few steel steps in and around the ring being legal. If you love spots where someone goes to throw the steps but gets kicked in the stomach and then doesn't, you'll love this!

jmdajr

Maybe some of you can help me with this Kideogame problem as you say.

My old Xbox 360 Ethernet port and hdmi port are deads. I read somewhere you can get a 360 4gb slim and put your old hard drive in there. Is this true? I'd still like to use an xbox as a media extender, but don't want to overpay.

I'm pretty sure when Edge & Christian got the belts that was the first time anyone in the match even touched them.
Not that I can recall the whole match off the top of my head but you may be right about this.
I do dig it though, while it's obviously very spot heavy it has a different vibe to the following TLC matches where there's a great deal of setup for both current and future spots throughout, by comparison the Triangle Ladder Match is more to the point, if someone pulls out a table it's going to be use there and then and not just left at the side as upcoming spot placeholder.

They should have to fight on the arena steps, and the first person who gets pushed off the steps loses. Also, steel steps line the sides of the staircase and are legal.

This would be really fucking stupid, but at least hilariously ridiculous.

It's just going to be a few steel steps in and around the ring being legal. If you love spots where someone goes to throw the steps but gets kicked in the stomach and then doesn't, you'll love this!

Being hilariously ridiculous is really the only way to save this match.

Lets just run down the other potential stair spots we may see within.
- Someone hold steps above their head only to get scissor sweeped or tripped and smash their head
- Someone hold steps above their head only to get a chair to the steps causing them to collapse and get their face crushed
- A new challenger approaches, the above incident only with steps onto the steps for double the stair based crushing
- Stair burial
- Running off the steel steps for a slightly bigger clothesline
- Step jousting
- Step stacking for higher launching potential
- the old classic irish whip into the steps
- wedging the steps into the ring corner for alternative irish whip action.
- A move performed onto the stairs
- A move performed off the stairs
- A move performed on the stairs where no one actually hits the steps or falls from a greater height rendering it pointless (I haven't forgotten this Sheamus!)

Man, this match is going to be off the hook, just look at that potential!

Which one of these two large guido looking MFers with the bad tattoos comically love tapping the other's earlobe is Crimson?

Red haired dude. He got a Goldberg like push in TNA with an extended unbeaten streak for I think over a year. He really wasn't that had, just green.

Ithil

What they can do, is both can be tied feet first to the steps, and they simply have to try and shift and hop the stairs around. First guy to be knocked off his stairs, loses.

jred2k

The promotional material has actually had typos. It's going to be a "stares" match. TLC is starting with a staring contest. It also describes how you won't be able to take your eyes of the screen because the matchup is so intriguing.

strobogo

Banned
Imagine if Andre didn't have his health issues and was still around in 1998, randomly turning heel and face for no reason, ruining pushes, and injuring 2-3 people per year.

Maybe they'll model it after this illustrious Stairway to Heaven match
i8x1JvRSpkgEz.gif

This "match", it's required viewing, genius parody or genuine awfulness I can't decipher.

I appreciate that they wanted to remove the Elimination Chamber as an annual event, but replacing it with another direction-less, forgettable, blandly named PPV like Fastlane does nobody any favors.
This is news to me, the overuse of the chamber has run its course somewhat but I'm bummed out regardless, at least it was always a fun match.
The road to Wrestlemania doesn't have a fastlane, it's a rocky bumpy ride with dubious pay off most of the time.

The promotional material has actually had typos. It's going to be a "stares" match. TLC is starting with a staring contest. It also describes how you won't be able to take your eyes of the screen because the matchup is so intriguing.

VRbKVLy.gif

Both participants have some solid stares, though Harper would take this if he were in.

jred2k

Has anybody watched Mick Foley's Santa Claus documentary thats on Netflix? I really can't fathom how much he loves being Santa.

jmdajr

Who had the best Slammy Award acceptance speech?

46%
Roman Reigns (for WWE Superstar of the Year)

16%
AJ Lee (for WWE Diva of the Year)

22%
Dolph Ziggler (for Match of the Year)

6%
The Miz (for Damien Mizdow's LOL Moment of the Year)

9%
Paul Heyman (for Brock Lesnar's OMG Shocking Moment of the Year)

Xater

46%

16%

22%

6%

9%

Fucking marks.

Cagey

Banned

46%

16%

22%

6%

9%

Lol ok. Like Daniel Bryan didn't win that vote legitimately. #marksfortruth

jred2k

Maybe they'll model it after this illustrious Stairway to Heaven match or the Sandman vs. Sabu Stairway to Hell match.

I appreciate that they wanted to remove the Elimination Chamber as an annual event, but replacing it with another direction-less, forgettable, blandly named PPV like Fastlane does nobody any favors.

I just remembered the Seth Rollins/Big E curb stomp Black History Month gif, which is a...dark horse for gif of the year.

Okay that 12 man match was uploaded in 2014 so it's my nominee for the WrassleGAF MOTY. Everyone needs to watch that mess.

The Team Hell No & Ryback vs The Shield TLC match is so good. Too bad it ends with Reigns pinning Bryan. That knocks it down a full four stars in my book.

46%

16%

22%

6%

9%

What a ballot

The Team Hell No & Ryback vs The Shield TLC match is so good. Too bad it ends with Reigns pinning Bryan. That knocks it down a full four stars in my book.
Haven't seen this one since it happened but I remember it being hype as hell, great debut match for the Shield, also the origin of Rollins legacy of nearly killing himself in matches.

Might have to bust out some TLC matches myself, though the last one I watched a few months ago (Edge/Kane/ADR/Mysterio) is not one I'd recommend, such a by the numbers match. I actually wish they left that one as Edge vs Kane as originally planned since the feud made more sense that way but understandably a TLC Kane event doesn't exactly inspire confidence, would've likely led to a more focused and aggressive match than what we got mind you that could've ended Kane's reign and started Edge's final run on a stronger note.

lDXkpPN.gif

I hope the royal rumble ad next year can top this gifs blatant spoiler with torrential Reigns-fall.

Top Bottom