• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

jred2k

I'm kind of disappointed we didn't get any new NXT merch today. The special events has typically been when they reveal new shirts.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Imagine if Andre didn't have his health issues and was still around in 1998, randomly turning heel and face for no reason, ruining pushes, and injuring 2-3 people per year.

If Andre injured you, it was on purpose. I can't imagine Big Show is anything more than bumbling when he hurts people.

saw on twitter that NXT replica belts will be available soon.

nxt_belt_cut_by_lewis0214-660x330.png

nah i'm good

Anth0ny

After watching this hype video I'm sufficiently hyped for the tokyo dome show.

I have a question, though. What's the best way for JR to call these matches matches? I've heard a lot of people saying JR's commentary style for this show is probably going to resemble his pre-WWF style more so than his crazy, loud Attitude Era style.

Watching some of the NJPW matches, the Japanese commentary sounds like JR at KOTR 98 on crack. I think crazy, Attitude Era style JR would be far more appropriate than the somewhat reserved style from his pre Attitude Era days. I know that's what the mainstream audiences want. I can totally see a clip from the show with JR losing his shit from some crazy spot going viral.

Maybe he's too old to get excited about wrasslin anymore. Either way, it's going to be a great show and I'm looking forward to hearing JR call the matches.

RP912

Banned
It's seems like the Women's NXT belt has more of a prestige look than that tacky NXT championship belt. I always hated that belt for some reason.

strobogo

Banned
TNT is so weird.

Lord Al tells Wendy Richter that he'd drink champagne out of her wrestling boot like it was a totally normal thing to say as Vince gets creeped out and laughs.

Tony Garea is a guest and had been doing solo work lately. He says he's looking for young boys. Vince has to stifle a laugh.

Trying to make as much money and get as much attention for yourself as possible by any means necessary is carny.

-Punk (goes on Cabana's podcast to air grievances...and promos his new t-shirts! announces he's joining ufc a week later)

Punk definitely takes it because of how he's able to get people to fall for his shtick 100%.

Jericho is so apparent in his carnyism that it's borderline parody.

Trying to make as much money and get as much attention for yourself as possible by any means necessary is carny.

-Punk (goes on Cabana's podcast to air grievances...and promos his new t-shirts! announces he's joining ufc a week later)

WWE shilling the network, sending multiple mails per day is carny, what those guys with podcast do is not.

It's seems like the Women's NXT belt has more of a prestige look than that tacky NXT championship belt. I always hated that belt for some reason.

Maybe because it looks like shit

So Vinnie Mac doesn't get a nomination because...?

Vylash

Can we have a category for "Carny of the Year"?

-Colt Cabana
-CM Punk
-Jim Ross
-Chris Jericho
-Steve Austin

wow, austin's gotta pay these gimmicks called bills! and he can't do it without taking a daily shot of alpha brain, keeps him cool and alert

Anth0ny

I'm pretty sure Vince "HAVE SOME FUN GOD DAMN IT" McMahon has that award on lock. Forever.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you watch any shoot, Colt is notorious for trying to make as much extra as he can. They talk about how he brings his own merch table to indie shows and shit.

Carnby

It's been 24 hours, and my CM Punk Best in the World shirt order has still not been cancled by WWE. No newz sites are reporting the sudden sale. I wonder if they really did randomly find a box of shirts in the warehouse.

If you watch any shoot, Colt is notorious for trying to make as much extra as he can. They talk about how he brings his own merch table to indie shows and shit.
What's wrong with that? He has a lot of stuff. The Chikara guys had a separate table from everyone else at that indie show I went to a couple months ago.

I know, but he does not pester his fans wit multiple mails per day almost begging them to buy his stuff.

Colt is more of a business man, he knows how to make money.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The only thing I liked about Ultimate Warrior was that he would color code the IC title strap to his tights. That was style.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think all those podcast operators are super-carny.

Watching that Shield doc.

Dear God, Roman... Why does it seem like he's giving a deposition in those talking heads?

Also one Uso brother is way uglier in close up than the other.

Dave Scherer and Mike Johnson for biggest carnies. Sucking Triple H's throbbing cock on the NXT conference calls and won't call the Meltzer Driver by its name.

Alucard

Banned
I think all those podcast operators are super-carny.

Totally. By any means necessary. Get those merch sales. Get those downloads.

Jericho - Listen to this Fozzy track! Come see me at this location! Buy my book this week! Check out my DVDs and t-shirts! And don't forget to subscribe!

FyreWulff

Vince will always be Carny Prime

The door to his office has to be unlocked with the freeze beam but then since you expect it he'll switch it to the fire beam 2 minutes before you get there and then he beats you but you still win the game because he made you look strong.

Heel

Can we have a category for "Carny of the Year"?

-Colt Cabana
-CM Punk
-Jim Ross
-Chris Jericho
-Steve Austin

Solid list. I have to go with CM Punk, based solely on the fact that half of WrassleGAF doesn't understand why he'd be nominated.

Top Bottom