• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Hasney

Does anyone else think that the whole Kevin Owens thing wouldn't have been as powerful without the busted nose? It made the guy look like a million bucks, beat up, and still kicking both his debut opponent and Sami into the curb.

Speaking of, There are already parallels between Sami and Kevin. Sami debuted, beat a jobber, than beat Cesaro, who was still a big freaking deal at the time, on the same night. Kevin Owens debuts, beats CJ Parker, and then beats up Sami, new NXT Champ.

This is going to be a good one.

THANK YOU CJ *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

Sephzilla

Does anyone else think that the whole Kevin Owens thing wouldn't have been as powerful without the busted nose? It made the guy look like a million bucks, beat up, and still kicking both his debut opponent and Sami into the curb.

Speaking of, There are already parallels between Sami and Kevin. Sami debuted, beat a jobber, than beat Cesaro, who was still a big freaking deal at the time, on the same night. Kevin Owens debuts, beats CJ Parker, and then beats up Sami, new NXT Champ.

This is going to be a good one.

Owens bleeding and not giving a shit made him look tough as nails.

I nominated logo swerve for legit shook moment of the year.

Nothing will beat the legit shookness of 21-1 but logo swerve is a happy #2

strobogo

Banned
Did some lifting. Thinking about heading to the grocery to get some more veggies for my big veggie thing. Maybe Redbox GOTG while I'm there. Just watched Devitt vs Okada from last year. Could be a pretty solid day. Probably try to watch most of Wrestle Kingdom 8 today if GOTG isn't in somewhere near. I'm watching a Young Bucks match and not hating it.

Stupid indie style is a lot easier to enjoy when in a good mood and not trying to write and gif shit. It's still stupid, though. Saying something not bad about the Young Bucks is my birthday present to you, FE.

Gonzalez

Banned
It was a gamble for Riley to use that line. But I think if Vince was watching, then Alex might have saved his career with that remark.

Vince was probably in stitches after he said it.

UberTag

He was able to logically segway into the required trending on twitter spot by putting the in ring action over.
The segway was slick for a guy without much experience on the mic but the fact that those insufferable Twitter trending spots are deemed "required" was the one archaic distraction in an otherwise pristine and polished show last night.

Show Twitter handles during ring entrances and the event hashtag periodically but don't insult my intelligence by saying Baron Corbin is the #1 trend in the world after a 30-second squash of some jobber on a network that's financially troubled because nobody's subscribing to it. This fixation on "we're trending / we're trending" that the WWE has is unnecessary and screams of the kind of desperation I would expect from TNA... not the #1 wrestling company in the world.

Use social media. Embrace social media. But don't shove social media down my throat and distort your impact within social media at the same time.

Browny

Banned
Well, "We got us a flyin Owen(s)" probably is worse.
Ouch!

Is this a good opportunity to say thank you to the people of this great community, for the time and effort spent in educating and entertaining us with fantastic jifs and insightful write-ups of this great sport
s entertainment business
?

If so, thank you.

1359650106210vlj7a.gif

And happy birthday FE! No big boot party?

UberTag

At this point, unless Raw follows the same booking (HA) I don't want the NXT guys called up to RAW just to get wasted
You shouldn't want them anywhere near that product so long as Vince is involved and RAW is 3 hours long.
Then again, the WWE didn't sign these guys to waste them on a hot crowd in Florida during the prime of their careers.
They've got T-shirts to sell.

Xater

So what needs to happen for the main shows to actually be of the same quality as NXT? Does Vince literally have to die so HHH can take over all that shit?

So what needs to happen for the main shows to actually be of the same quality as NXT? Does Vince literally have to die so HHH can take over all that shit?

He doesn't need to die, he just needs to be more hands off on micromanaging every aspect of the show. He kept telling Steve how they needed a room full of writers now that they're doing so much TV on the podcast, and how two people couldn't run the show anymore like in the olden days...

Yet he's still going line by line over the scripts and running the commentary team over the headset etc. He's still insisting on changing the ending of small matches meant to promote an upcoming NXT broadcast.

Vince truly knows his stuff. He's proven us wrong time and again so I get why he thinks he always knows best... but he's strangling the life out of his shows and performers. He just needs to back off some. NXT isn't micromanaged by Vince and it's a great product, and I hope Vince recognizes that. 8+ hours of wrestling a week or whatever is too much for *him* to micromanage.

UberTag

He doesn't need to die, he just needs to be more hands off on micromanaging every aspect of the show. He kept telling Steve how they needed a room full of writers now that they're doing so much TV on the podcast, and how two people couldn't run the show anymore like in the olden days...

Yet he's still going line by line over the scripts and running the commentary team over the headset etc. He's still insisting on changing the ending of small matches meant to promote an upcoming NXT broadcast.

Vince truly knows his stuff. He's proven us wrong time and again so I get why he thinks he always knows best... but he's strangling the life out of his shows and performers. He just needs to back off some. NXT isn't micromanaged by Vince and it's a great product, and I hope Vince recognizes that. 8+ hours of wrestling a week or whatever is too much for *him* to micromanage.
You didn't really answer Xater's question, though. You know and I know and everyone else in WrassleGAF knows that Vince won't stop micromanaging so long as he has a pulse.

Sephzilla

I'm pretty sure Vince isn't going to let go of micromanaging WWE until he physically cant anymore. He's too much of a workaholic and managing everything he can about WWE is engraved into his very soul.

Fox318

• Hayes Fired
  • Dunn Fired and a new producer willing to try new camera angles to give the show some life
  • Vince Dead
  • Steph staying away from Brand relations.
  • Lawler Fired
  • At least 2/3rds of the writing staff Fired
  • Cena moved to an Undertaker Schedule
  • Scripts have bullet points instead of all the dialogue
  • Split the Divas into 2 groups. Wives/HayesSexSlaves/reality stars on one side and Wrestlers/Performers on the other.
  • Book for both the town you are in as well as for TV. (Don't have Swagger on if you want him to be a heel when you are in Mississippi for example)
  • Rotate the Main Event match between different belts to try and elevate them. No reason why a Tag can't main event if a story can support it.
  • Even Steven Booking only works long term. Short term you can't protect everyone.

kiguel182

Best thing about the main-event is how it looked like the title was corrupting Neville and how after he lost it he just became is normal self. Free from it's control.

But Zayn rejected the evil so he'll be fine.

Fox318

Vince won't stop micromanaging because that's who he is, he's a control freak through and through.

Unless Vince turns it around he his gonna have to change something. His company isn't making any money and all of their bets havn't panned out.

Would also helped if he stopped paying himself 30 mil a year when his company is losing money.

Vylash

Best thing about the main-event is how it looked like the title was corrupting Neville and how after he lost it he just became is normal self. Free from it's control.

But Zayn rejected the evil so he'll be fine.

every NXT champ started out as a face and slowly turned heel, which i think is really cool

Cagey

Banned
Finished the NXT show from last night. I love Steen so fucking much. Just so god damn much. That tubby MFer is the best.

Fox318

You gotta love CJ Parker breaking Kevin's nose All Japan style, sending a message for all the guys that have been there.

Makes the jobbers look tough and the victors come out as a badass.

But we can't have that because Vince is getting ready to mortgage the whole spot o pay for Linda's Presidential election.

UberTag

I suppose the compromise of keeping Vince alive and yet not have him micromanaging any more would be a coma. That could work.

Or have him be completely immobilized and unable to talk while still conscious. That could also work. That might be the best because then he could watch the product improve from his hospital bed and possibly come to the realization that he's a detriment to it.

Vylash

MOTY time, shit isn't happening in the next few weeks anyway so whatever

qnjsltg.gif

5. Adrian Neville vs. Tyson Kidd, May 29, 2014

R5P1Fak.gif

4. Dolph Ziggler vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Cesaro, November 14, 2014

Y3ngM64.gif

3. Adrian Neville vs Tyson Kidd vs Tyler Breeze vs Sami Zayn, September 11, 2014

yVfukjM.gif

2. Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks, December 11, 2014

OVl7gVn.gif

1. Adrian Neville vs. Sami Zayn, December 11, 2014

Cagey

Banned
every NXT champ started out as a face and slowly turned heel, which i think is really cool
NXT is ROH. The crowd gets behind someone and loves them and wants them champ, then they're champ, and then they get bored of having liked the guy so long, look for the next thing to be hipster fucks about, and turn on the first guy.

Steen won the belt and cut a heel promo about that very phenomenon when he won the belt from Davey "Crowd Hates Me Now" Richards.

kiguel182

yeah, I love that.

It gives some consistency to the whole thing and it also makes the title mean more since they do it to keep it. Like they value the title above everything else.

It also helps that it's well done.

Ithil

Not Big E.

Not on NXT, no, but he was heel on the main roster while he was NXT champion.
Curious trivia on the NXT title, each of the four reigns so far has been longer than the last, with Neville's being the longest so far.

I don't think Sami's will be that long, nor does it need it be, it was more about winning it, for him.

Top Bottom