• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
OVl7gVn.gif

Holy fuck, nobody told me about the poisoned frankesteiner.

Sokantish

NXT is ROH. The crowd gets behind someone and loves them and wants them champ, then they're champ, and then they get bored of having liked the guy so long, look for the next thing to be hipster fucks about, and turn on the first guy.

Steen won the belt and cut a heel promo about that very phenomenon when he won the belt from Davey "Crowd Hates Me Now" Richards.

They didn't really turn on Nevelle until he started being a jerk to Sami, I thought

Fox318

I suppose the compromise of keeping Vince alive and yet not have him micromanaging any more would be a coma. That could work.

Or have him be completely immobilized and unable to talk while still conscious. That could also work. That might be the best because then he could watch the product improve from his hospital bed and possibly come to the realization that he's a detriment to it.

I honestly think at this point you have to tie Cena to Vince.

Ambrose said on Jericho's podcast that Vince wanted to kill the Shield by putting Cena over.

For as bad as Hogan was with shit like refusing to drop the title and Wrestlemania 9 and his crazy large contract he never killed the sport like Cena has.

At some point you can't tell me he doesn't encourage this style of booking. Especially when he is the only guy making the money he makes.

That's going to be Cena's legacy. Destroying the product as everyone moves to MMA and watching paint dry.

kiguel182

Every time someone says that "smarks hate everything" or that "people on the internet just like to complain" they should look at reactions to NXT to see how that's false.

When you do a good show people will want more and will cheer you for it. HHH likes to complain about smarks but he built the proof that we just want a well done show.

Xater

I suppose the compromise of keeping Vince alive and yet not have him micromanaging any more would be a coma. That could work.

Or have him be completely immobilized and unable to talk while still conscious. That could also work. That might be the best because then he could watch the product improve from his hospital bed and possibly come to the realization that he's a detriment to it.

Jeez, that's dark man.

Vylash

NXT is ROH. The crowd gets behind someone and loves them and wants them champ, then they're champ, and then they get bored of having liked the guy so long, look for the next thing to be hipster fucks about, and turn on the first guy.

Steen won the belt and cut a heel promo about that very phenomenon when he won the belt from Davey "Crowd Hates Me Now" Richards.

not really, they didn't turn on Neville until he screwed Sami during that fatal 4 way, they didn't turn on Bo until he became a terrible annoying babyface, they don't just randomly turn on guys

Ithil

not really, they didn't turn on Neville until he screwed Sami during that fatal 4 way, they didn't turn on Bo until he became a terrible annoying babyface, they don't just randomly turn on guys

They were never really very behind Bo, and when he started to get that big babyface push they hated him. Luckily NXT is not run by monkeys so they used it to turn him heel in a novel way.

nah, crowd loved it when he won the title

The crowd hated Bo for months and months before he ever touched the title.

Xater

So how long will Balor stay in NXT before he jumps up to the main show?

I feel like he isn't long for developmental.

I doubt he'll be there for long. It seems like most people that got called up had a title run, so once he get#s that it's probably time for him.

Every time someone says that "smarks hate everything" or that "people on the internet just like to complain" they should look at reactions to NXT to see how that's false.

When you do a good show people will want more and will cheer you for it. HHH likes to complain about smarks but he built the proof that we just want a well done show.

Very true. I absolutely hate what WWE is putting out on a regular basis, but NXT shows like this are awesome. It just was on a completely different level quality wise. This goes for in-ring and booking.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny, what are your thoughts on Zayn now? Or did I miss that elsewhere?

He's a better Daniel Bryan.

Grudgingly enjoyed his match. Neville is set to be a big nothin' on the main roster though, I'm worried for him. The Pokeball chants were amazing though.

kiguel182

People hated Bo, that's why he turned heel in the first place.

Nobody turned on Neville either. He slightly turned heel when feuding with Zayn. I have no idea what you are talking about.

People don't turn on faces on NXT because NXT doesn't make every top face Cena 2.0. This has nothing to do with "hipster shit".

Alucard

Banned

Amen, dude.

Ithil

Also have to say, they either have to turn the Vaudevillains face or change something up. They're really not guys anyone will boo. Yeah they messed with those midgets, but then they're doing stuff like taking the bullet for their partner. Why would I boo these guys?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also have to say, they either have to turn the Vaudevillains face or change something up. They're really not guys anyone will boo. Yeah they messed with those midgets, but then they're doing stuff like taking the bullet for their partner. Why would I boo these guys?

They kinda fucked themselves with their gimmick and name, unless they're willing to leave that behind.

Fox318

WWE should be fucking loving smarks.

Aside from children who like Cena's bright shirts has anyone outside of this thread heard anyone say they like wrestling?

Or better yet has anyone heard the term sports entertainment?

People are embarrassed to follow this shit because its sexist, racist, and Vince and Cena's humor match that of a toddler trying to eat his own feces.

kiguel182

WWE should be fucking loving smarks.

Aside from children who like Cena's bright shirts has anyone outside of this thread heard anyone say they like wrestling?

Or better yet has anyone heard the term sports entertainment?

People are embarrassed to follow this shit because its sexist, racist, and Vince and Cena's humor match that of a toddler trying to eat his own feces.

But WWE likes the kids because kids cheer when you tell them too and boo who you want them to boo.

Trying to win an older crowd actually takes effort and putting on a product that isn't dumb as fuck, like NXT.

It's easy to say people are just hating and they are haters so you don't have to address the problems your show has and actually take criticism seriously.

I have no problem telling people I watch wrestling when something like NXT or Bryan's Mania moment happens but the week to week stuff they present really makes it hard for anyone outside their bubble to watch it.

Omega

Banned
Smark chants can be so embarrassing. Like the "marking out" chant? Come on friends, don't expose this business.

honestly the worst part about wrestling.

You either have dead crowds like Raw or shit like this, where every 5 seconds you get "This is awesome clap clap clapclapclap" or "HOLY SHIT. HOLY SHIT. HOLY SHIT" because someone did a leg drop

I really wish there was a way to mute the crowd so I can just enjoy the show. If I ever decide to watch Raw again I wouldn't be missing anything besides lets go cena cena sucks and NXT would be 100 times better.

Makes the jobbers look tough and the victors come out as a badass.

But we can't have that because Vince is getting ready to mortgage the whole spot o pay for Linda's Presidential election.
Fun fact, all these Burmese I work with buy into squash matches. They think Baron Corbin is the best and he be NXT champ soon.

bjork

That ladder paid his fucking dues like everyone else

Fuck that ladder! +75 speed my ass, I want the Stephanie card :(

I haven't played in a couple of months but IIRC legendary support cards are damn near impossible to get so that's actually really damn good.

I haven't had much luck with pulls, period. So I'm just doing KOTRs at epic level to try and grab some stuff. Even if I don't qualify, I might at least fill out some of the catalog.

Every time the crowd's turned on an ROH champion its been because of bad booking, not this perceived idea of fickle fans. The crowd turning on Davey is probably the most fickle example, as it was partly the fans realising that they didn't really want Davey as champion wrestling 20+ minute title matches every show, but it was also partly because ROH took too long to pull the trigger. The same goes for Tyler Black; they took too long to pull the trigger and that natural support he had going for him was stretched way too thin after the umpteenth time he failed to win the title. The fans turned on Nigel because ROH didn't do what they should have done when he kept getting injured; stripped him of the title. Instead he tried to carry on and, understandably, couldn't deliver the level of quality the fans expected. They turned him heel to salvage his title reign, but again they failed to understand when they should have pulled the trigger and his reign went on too long, further turning the fans against Nigel as champion.

Happy birthday FE :)

Thorakai

how is that in any way embarrassing?

Embarrassing is the wrong word, I just hate chants that bring attention to the fact that the stuff in the ring is fake. Instead of chanting "marking out" why don't you just...mark out? Cheer! Just leave internet speak on the internet and wrestling jargon to the wrestlers. Its on the same level as chanting "Husky Harris" when Bray debuted and "CM Punk" when AJ is in the ring. It just seems like bragging about having an internet connection to read about backstage stuff.

Fox318

But WWE likes the kids because kids cheer when you tell them too and boo who you want them to boo.

Trying to win an older crowd actually takes effort and putting on a product that isn't dumb as fuck, like NXT.

It's easy to say people are just hating and they are haters so you don't have to address the problems your show has and actually take criticism seriously.

I have no problem telling people I watch wrestling when something like NXT or Bryan's Mania moment happens but the week to week stuff they present really makes it hard for anyone outside their bubble to watch it.
Those kids have almost no spending power.

Its why the nfl doesn't target babies.

Ithil

Embarrassing is the wrong word, I just hate chants that bring attention to the fact that the stuff in the ring is fake. Instead of chanting "marking out" why don't you just...mark out? Cheer! Just leave internet speak on the internet and wrestling jargon to the wrestlers. Its on the same level as chanting "Husky Harris" when Bray debuted and "CM Punk" when AJ is in the ring. It just seems like bragging about having an internet connection to read about backstage stuff.

Hey, this is the same crowd that booed down "We want KENTA" chants, and started a super loud "HIDEO" chant in response. They also booed down a CM Punk chant at the last Takeover.

Happy Birthday FE

v6TuPub.gif

Happy Birthday, FE. You get a Meltzer Driver from The Young Bucks.

Every time the crowd's turned on an ROH champion its been because of bad booking, not this perceived idea of fickle fans. The crowd turning on Davey is probably the most fickle example, as it was partly the fans realising that they didn't really want Davey as champion wrestling 20+ minute title matches every show, but it was also partly because ROH took too long to pull the trigger. The same goes for Tyler Black; they took too long to pull the trigger and that natural support he had going for him was stretched way too thin after the umpteenth time he failed to win the title. The fans turned on Nigel because ROH didn't do what they should have done when he kept getting injured; stripped him of the title. Instead he tried to carry on and, understandably, couldn't deliver the level of quality the fans expected. They turned him heel to salvage his title reign, but again they failed to understand when they should have pulled the trigger and his reign went on too long, further turning the fans against Nigel as champion.

Happy birthday FE :)

This post is dedicated to FallingEdge: Happy birthday!

Have a Meltzer driver on your birthday.

Bw4V5ibCYAAcJj7.jpg

Thank you all very much! I know it is cheesy, but I really do appreciate the wishes!

Happy birthday FE, I made you this

pWKJMZ4.gif

This is awesome! Ty! Added to my war crate.

kiguel182

Those kids have almost no spending power.

Its why the nfl doesn't target babies.

The parents are fine to buy them shirts and wrestling toys. In fact those toy deals they pretty much depend on kids.

Of course when it comes the time to buy a monthly 10 dollar service they need those older fans. And NXT, as great as it is, isn't big enough to drive those 10 dollar purchases or to get new fans when the main product is still so shallow and boring.

Also, happy birthday FE!

Top Bottom