• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Stro, I really enjoyed your best of 2014 write-ups.

There's something to be said about focusing on the moment. We know Charlotte, Bayley, Sasha Banks, Itami, Balor, Owens, Zayn, Neville, Breeze, and probably even Kalisto are going to get fucked over when they move on from NXT. But that's no reason to enjoy what they're doing right now.

Ithil

The Young Bucks have a move called the Meltzer Driver? Is that real? Like really real?

Yes. It's really impressive. Totally indie, but really impressive.
Fun fact, PWInsider refuses to write the name, they just describe the move. They won't actually "Meltzer".

strobogo

Banned
Stro, I really enjoyed your best of 2014 write-ups.

There's something to be said about focusing on the moment. We know Charlotte, Bayley, Sasha Banks, Itami, Balor, Owens, Zayn, Neville, Breeze, and probably even Kalisto are going to get fucked over when they move on from NXT. But that's no reason to enjoy what they're doing right now.

I can only imagine how shitty life must be for Bootaaay to have actually watched all the shows to make that list.

Ithil

I think if this was your first time ever seeing Steen, I would wager he was instantly memorable.

hwHN11r.gif

u1Ew8lV.gif

bPAsmQ4.gif

mXxA0Hy.gif

m6eKwAA.gif

He was totally unlike anyone else in the show, hell, in WWE.

Toki767

Fun fact, PWInsider refuses to write the name, they just describe the move. They won't actually "Meltzer".

Lol what. Why not? Do they not take part in the Observer Hall of Fame voting either?

The parents are fine to buy them shirts and wrestling toys. In fact those toy deals they pretty much depend on kids.

Of course when it comes the time to buy a monthly 10 dollar service they need those older fans. And NXT, as great as it is, isn't big enough to drive those 10 dollar purchases or to get new fans when the main product is still so shallow and boring.

Also, happy birthday FE!

Thanks brother!

Nakamura vs. Shibata from the G1 this year was legit. Just an awesome hard-hitting match.

Watch Honma vs Shibata. One of my favorite matches from the G1.

Cagey

Banned

Oh, I know this move. Just didn't know what they wound up naming it. God I hate them.

I think if this was your first time ever seeing Steen, I would wager he was instantly memorable.

That's the best part. He stands out. Wrestling is an attraction and being memorable is a big part of it.

It's also why I still have major concerns about Itami. If he were white he'd look like a generic forgettable random dude. Nothing against his talent, mind you, but pairing him with Mr Body Paint made the contrast even worse.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
What's this rumor I hear about Seth-kun failing his cash-in attempt this week? Internet better be fucking with me.
icsyEqkE5H3iL.png

Omega

Banned

He seems like the first guy that actually wants it in a really long time.

It's going to be a sad day when he gets called up.

Bucks are the best team in the US and it's not even close. I presume someone nominated them for the WrassleGAF awards? I would have done so, but I had to make sure Dangan Yankees were represented on the ballot.

I can only imagine how shitty life must be for Bootaaay to have actually watched all the shows to make that list.

Hey! I....well, hmmm.

:(

Alcohol helps.

Interesting note from Dean Ambrose's interview with Jericho this week was that management wanted Cena to beat The Shield at Elimination Chamber 2013. The Shield refused, stating "As soon as we go down to John, we're just like everybody else, because that's what he does to everybody".

Also, at Royal Rumble 2014, the planned Shield spot was for Rollins and Ambrose to gang up on Roman Reigns, and then Roman to throw them out together. Ambrose and Rollins reworked the spot so it was all three battling at each other, because Ambrose and Rollins saw Wrestlemania being Reigns vs Rollins & Ambrose in a handicap match if that happened. They knew it would be damaging for both of them to have that and lose, so they reworked the spot and pitched it to the agents.

Ithil

He also said they found out the Shield was breaking up the night after Payback right before the show started, so they wouldn't have time to protest the decision. Hence why the breakup made no sense.

It's good to hear Ambrose and Rollins being proactive in their booking or whatever. It's frustrating when you hear Bryan say he just goes along with whatever they give him.

Toki767

So basically Ambrose and Rollins should be booking Raw. Honestly may as well get rid of the writers and let wrestlers book their own programs.

Omega

Banned
He also said they found out the Shield was breaking up the night after Payback right before the show started, so they wouldn't have time to protest the decision. Hence why the breakup made no sense.

Looks like Vince got tired of being told he was wrong.

Good to know they tried numerous times to fuck up Shield just to benefit Cena/Reigns. Instead of advertising us the WWE Network, they should watch it themselves. Specifically the most recent MNW episode "Building an army"

Alucard

Banned
Bucks are the best team in the US and it's not even close. I presume someone nominated them for the WrassleGAF awards? I would have done so, but I had to make sure Dangan Yankees were represented on the ballot.

Hey! I....well, hmmm.

:(

Alcohol helps.

I put The Young Bucks on the ballot. Was gonna put reDRagon, but could only put down one name.

Xater

LOL PWInsider so salty.

BTW I totally nominated the Meltzer driver for our voting thing.

FallingEdge this is for you buddy:

NAMQs.gif

Alucard

Banned
Interesting note from Dean Ambrose's interview with Jericho this week was that management wanted Cena to beat The Shield at Elimination Chamber 2013. The Shield refused, stating "As soon as we go down to John, we're just like everybody else, because that's what he does to everybody".

Also, at Royal Rumble 2014, the planned Shield spot was for Rollins and Ambrose to gang up on Roman Reigns, and then Roman to throw them out together. Ambrose and Rollins reworked the spot so it was all three battling at each other, because Ambrose and Rollins saw Wrestlemania being Reigns vs Rollins & Ambrose in a handicap match if that happened. They knew it would be damaging for both of them to have that and lose, so they reworked the spot and pitched it to the agents.

This. Fucking. Company.

FUCK.

*goes back to my New Japan World/ROH/Lucha Underground bubble*

Ithil

So I'm guessing this means the Bray Wyatt finish to Hell in a Cell was last minute too?

I don't think so, the WON was reporting Bray as an opponent for Dean for a few weeks beforehand. But Ambrose did say they were to go on in the middle of the HIAC card, until the day of the show when they were told they were going on last.

Boy would that pedestrian "every Cena/Orton match ever but with a cage in the background" HIAC have sucked as a main event after Ambrose/Rollins had an honest to got PG HIAC match, not just a match inside a HIAC.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This. Fucking. Company.

FUCK.

*goes back to my New Japan World/ROH/Lucha Underground bubble*

Why you cryin? Everything went how you'd want. You just lookin' to complain?

No competition from REdragon?

I love how WWE tries to fuck up everything they have every chance they get. It's got to be intentional at this point.

happy birthday FE!
FLvMFlW.gif

While I will probably vote for the Bucks or ReDRagon, I had to make sure my dudes The Vaudevillains get at least a nom

strobogo

Banned
NXT is better than ROH. At pretty much everything. I don't know why you wouldn't just stick with NXT, Alucard. ROH is for babies and The Gay Community.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Just got some blood work done for the first time. No where near as bad as I thought it was going to be, but man I didn't know blood was so dark. I'm used to seeing crimson mask red, not so dark it's nearly black.

hamchan

Haha good on those three.

NXT is better than ROH. At pretty much everything. I don't know why you wouldn't just stick with NXT, Alucard. ROH is for babies and The Gay Community.

As great as the NXT special was, ROH has had a consistently better TV product this year. It's more watchable on a week to week basis, while NXT TV seems to have far more skippable episodes.

No competition from REdragon?

reDRagon have been great in ROH, but The Bucks have been booked up and down the country putting on great matches for a ton of promotions, including ROH. I definitely think they're a step above most teams in the US at present.

Alucard

Banned
You only rally need to come out of that bubble for NXT. Should WWE become good again through a miracle we will learn about that real quick.

wait, do you not watch NXT?

I don't get NXT because I live in Quebec, Canada. No WWE Network around these parts...not even the bullshit stripped down TV version. NXT used to be shown on the Sportsnet channel here, but not anymore. Been replaced by Main Event.

I watched it for a bit before when it was on Sportsnet, and it had its ups and downs. Definitely more ups, but also a bunch of "blah" stuff when I stopped watching it. And I haven't seen any of the specials, which is what I'd really like to follow more than anything.

I may have to find...alternative methods. Especially now with Owens, Zayn, Neville, Itami, and Balor on the roster.

Did a guy on NXT have a mouthful of tacks and then take a superkick to the face? NO.

Top Bottom