• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Who are the next 2-3 talent signings the WWE should consider now that Owens, Balor, and Itami have debuted?

I'm aware that Crowe, Stowman, and Shoot Nation (Gable, Fulton, Dawkins, Knight) are most likely going to debut in the next 6-12 months for NXT to fill out the ranks, so I'm curious to hear who the WWE should go after next for signings to keep the farm system (if we want to call it that) ripe with talent.

jmdajr

HOLY SHIT

HOOLLYS SHIITT

HOLY SHIT

Holy fuck! What the fucking biggest swerve!

HOLY FUCK!!

KEEL OWENS KEEL!

WHAT THE FUCK?

OH SHIT NOW THIS IS GOING TO BE an amazing feud

I'm legit shook

31uyocw2r-L_zps89f59c2d.jpg

Hasney

I wish they would have signed the Wolves and Young Bucks when they had the chance as that could have been a damn good tag division.

Fox318

NXT is better than ROH. At pretty much everything. I don't know why you wouldn't just stick with NXT, Alucard. ROH is for babies and The Gay Community.

NXT has an arena.

ROH had to turn people away at that latest show and if you weren't in the front row you couldn't see shit.

ROH needs to invest in proper lighting and have a relationship with an arena.

Does Vince have exclusive contracts with some stadiums?

There are enough arena's in the NYC area where they could have worked something out.

DMczaf

Interesting note from Dean Ambrose's interview with Jericho this week was that management wanted Cena to beat The Shield at Elimination Chamber 2013. The Shield refused, stating "As soon as we go down to John, we're just like everybody else, because that's what he does to everybody".

Also, at Royal Rumble 2014, the planned Shield spot was for Rollins and Ambrose to gang up on Roman Reigns, and then Roman to throw them out together. Ambrose and Rollins reworked the spot so it was all three battling at each other, because Ambrose and Rollins saw Wrestlemania being Reigns vs Rollins & Ambrose in a handicap match if that happened. They knew it would be damaging for both of them to have that and lose, so they reworked the spot and pitched it to the agents.

ER14_Photo_211.jpg

Probably not, especially as Reigns and Ambrose are good drinking buddies. Reigns is smart enough to know something like that wouldn't really be helpful to anyone.

In this business you can either make friends or make money...

images

Roman's in the unique position where he needs the friends to keep him in check so he can make the money.

*Thanks to www.mugshots.com

Fox318

Interesting note from Dean Ambrose's interview with Jericho this week was that management wanted Cena to beat The Shield at Elimination Chamber 2013. The Shield refused, stating "As soon as we go down to John, we're just like everybody else, because that's what he does to everybody".

Also, at Royal Rumble 2014, the planned Shield spot was for Rollins and Ambrose to gang up on Roman Reigns, and then Roman to throw them out together. Ambrose and Rollins reworked the spot so it was all three battling at each other, because Ambrose and Rollins saw Wrestlemania being Reigns vs Rollins & Ambrose in a handicap match if that happened. They knew it would be damaging for both of them to have that and lose, so they reworked the spot and pitched it to the agents.

MAKE ROMAN STRONG MAKE ROMAN STRONG MAKE ROMAN STRONG MAKE ROMAN STRONG MAKE ROMAN STRONG MAKE ROMAN STRONG MAKE ROMAN STRONG MAKE ROMAN STRONG MAKE ROMAN STRONG MAKE ROMAN STRONG MAKE ROMAN STRONG MAKE ROMAN STRONG MAKE ROMAN STRONG MAKE ROMAN STRONG MAKE ROMAN STRONG MAKE ROMAN STRONG MAKE ROMAN STRONG MAKE ROMAN STRONG MAKE ROMAN STRONG MAKE ROMAN STRONG MAKE ROMAN STRONG MAKE ROMAN STRONG

Alucard

Banned
Who are the next 2-3 talent signings the WWE should consider now that Owens, Balor, and Itami have debuted?

I'm aware that Crowe, Stowman, and Shoot Nation (Gable, Fulton, Dawkins, Knight) are most likely going to debut in the next 6-12 months for NXT to fill out the ranks, so I'm curious to hear who the WWE should go after next for signings to keep the farm system (if we want to call it that) ripe with talent.

Uhaa Nation, Ricochet, aaaaand...Adam Cole. :(

Ricker again, Brian Kendrick, and Leva Bates

Yeah that sounds about right
I wish they would have signed the Wolves and Young Bucks when they had the chance as that could have been a damn good tag division.
It's not too late for the Bucks but I can live without the Wolves. Unless they became dancing jobbers or something

Hasney

Bucks turned them down, they've got families to provide for and didn't want to relocate for a 25k developmental contract.

Ah fair enough. I heard some dumb story about one of them sitting on someone's jacket, unless I'm mixing them up with the Wolves again.

Ithil

Ah fair enough. I heard some dumb story about one of them sitting on someone's jacket, unless I'm mixing them up with the Wolves again.

They didn't shake Booker T's hand at a show, leading to an incomprehensible but unhappy tweet. But they appeared to have buried the hatchet with him at a more recent show.

IIRC they fucked with his jacket to. So fuck the Young Bucks forever.

Edit: Ambrose describing the Heyman Kool Aid. Fuck, he's so great here.

I love how WWE tries to fuck up everything they have every chance they get. It's got to be intentional at this point.

What do you mean? The WWE had their best interest at hard there. Sacrificing the two lackeys to the most talented member of Shield on the mic and in the ring.

You can see why it's tricky for superstars to fight for a higher place on the card when they need to fight to not be crushed by one of the two golden boys. The amount of work they put in, talent, or popularity they can garner for themselves clearly means shit at this point.

They wouldn't sign Kendrick to developmental again, that'd be silly.

Young Bucks make ridiculous bank now so it's not worth it, though Devitt/KENTA/Steen make me think the deals were better than people think. Devitt had a job for life in NJPW, an Armani sponsorship, a simple schedule, etc

Off the top of myhead:

Men:
Uhaa Nation
Ricochet (already rejected him)
Zandig (I mean, could you imagine?)
Michael Bennett (solely to get Maria back)
War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe)
Chris Masters (might as well bring him back)

Women:
Athena
Leva Bates
Mia Yim
Mickie James
Daffney

kiguel182

Funny how the SHIELD would've been ruined if not for the intervention of Ambrose and Rollins but Vince keeps saying the new guys don't act for themselves or try to grab the brass ring.

And I can't believe them wanted them to be fed to Cena. This guys just don't get it.

Vylash

they NEED more women, grab Mia Yim, Cheerleader Melissa, MsChif, and Ivelisse

Raw64life

Embarrassing is the wrong word, I just hate chants that bring attention to the fact that the stuff in the ring is fake. Instead of chanting "marking out" why don't you just...mark out? Cheer! Just leave internet speak on the internet and wrestling jargon to the wrestlers. Its on the same level as chanting "Husky Harris" when Bray debuted and "CM Punk" when AJ is in the ring. It just seems like bragging about having an internet connection to read about backstage stuff.

I wouldn't put those chants in the same category as "marking out" is a chant of pure excitement whereas people only chant "Husky Harris" or "CM Punk" when they're bored. You hardly ever hear Husky Harris chants anymore because Bray Wyatt is actually interesting, whereas you still hear CM Punk chants all the time because AJ is stale as fuck.

Ithil

They wouldn't sign Kendrick to developmental again, that'd be silly.

Young Bucks make ridiculous bank now so it's not worth it, though Devitt/KENTA/Steen make me think the deals were better than people think. Devitt had a job for life in NJPW, an Armani sponsorship, a simple schedule, etc

Kendrick was there to try out as a trainer.

strobogo

Banned
WWE should steal Shibata and team him up with Kenta and have them kick the dog shit out of the Usos for 3 months.

I wonder how much of 2014 NJ I can get in before WK9. Considering my proclivity to want to skip all those multi man/team tags at the start of the show, and everything related to the NWA, it probably would be easier than imagined.

Just watched most of the NXT event and liked most of it. Never seen Owens outside of a random Young Bucks gif, but I'm impressed. That neckbreaker looked stiff as hell and I love the powerbomb. Parker seemed to have improved a lot too. Finn's entrance was awesome, but the paint kinda looked dumb once all of that was over. I liked Charlotte v Sasha match and I liked that Lil' Naitch was the ref too. Corey Graves did pretty good at the announce table for his first time and they really need to just drop Riley....seriously. I'm going to check out the main event later today.

Ithil

Not true.

I think they give Drew another shot. Or Davey Boy Smith Jr. If they want to treat him with respect this time.

- Brian Kendrick was backstage at the NXT Takeover: R Evolution special last night. Kendrick is in town doing a one-week tryout for a trainer’s position.

Just saying what I read. Adam Pearce is also doing a third guest spot as a trainer. Surprised they haven't just hired him.

WWE making sure everyone goes through NXT now had me thinking.

On the main roster who is the person with the least experience in the company? (Not counting Sting)

Vylash

man i keep watching last night's reaction to Reigns and i can't stop laughing

Renee: "please welcome at this time..."

Crowd: "yay!"

Renee: "Roman Reigns!"

Crowd: "...ugh"

Botched spot has actually been bearable lately

So basically, in the WWE if you don't disagree with your booking you ain't going nowhere

Kaladin

I legit see big things for Kevin Owens. He is what Vince is looking for right now. He's not a generic indie high flyer guy, or even a generic big guy brawler, he's intense, he's got "IT" when it comes to making an instant connection with the audience, he feels like a big thing without being Brock Lesnar. Fuck, can you imagine Owens vs Lesnar? If they give that guy the ball and let him run with it....sky is the limit.

Top Bottom