• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Did someone else already post this?

http://kotaku.com/i-was-chris-benoit-playing-a-video-game-as-a-real-life-1669955314

I found it a pretty good read. I still can't really sort out my feelings about Crispin. I know that had I been stupid enough to buy 2K15, that I personally wouldn't want to stumble on player created Crispins while playing online or browsing user created characters.

He's certainly a touchy subject, but I've personally come to the balance where I can completely separate the actions from the athlete. That being said, I took that shit really fucking hard. He was the first celebrity death that really hit me hard. I loved Benoit, and honestly, after hearing all the stories, how he was so awesome backstage to the younger guys when everyone else would just haze'em and make their lives miserable for being 'new'. Chris was a backstage leader and a dear friend to a lot of people and a loving family man, and to this day, what he did still bothers me, and I have a hard time trying to figure out what happened to him that day, when did everything inside his head just .. break? He also died like.. a day before my birthday, and I think the tribute RAW was my birthday.

Benoit was an unbelievable talent and seemingly a great person, but I still get knotted up in my gut when I think about what he did. It's just really hard to fathom.

I legit see big things for Kevin Owens. He is what Vince is looking for right now. He's not a generic indie high flyer guy, or even a generic big guy brawler, he's intense, he's got "IT" when it comes to making an instant connection with the audience, he feels like a big thing without being Brock Lesnar. Fuck, can you imagine Owens vs Lesnar? If they give that guy the ball and let him run with it....sky is the limit.

Not to mention (and I don't mean to be insulting, I mean it as a positive thing) he doesn't exactly look like a Randy Orton, he's a larger dude. Its easier to relate to someone who has a similar body type to you. It's one of the reasons why people liked Punk and most other smaller indie guys, because they (for the most part -coughcough-finnbaloryourippedmonster-coughcough-) are instantly relatable from a look perspective, because they have an obtainable body type, or a body you already have (unless your a genetic freak like Falling Edge who can kill most of these indie geeks). Not to mention Owens is pretty athletic and agile for a bigger guy, which is sure to get some love from the fans who don't know him yet. That little chubby kid growing up loving wrestling INSTANTLY has that connection because "People bully me because I'm a little bigger but my hero Kevin Owens is bigger too!" etc; I dunno, just on the fact that his general look and body type is different from the slimmer indie guys, or the jacked dudes over six feet, he's a refreshing change of pace and style to the product (sorry Bray)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I legit see big things for Kevin Owens. He is what Vince is looking for right now. He's not a generic indie high flyer guy, or even a generic big guy brawler, he's intense, he's got "IT" when it comes to making an instant connection with the audience, he feels like a big thing without being Brock Lesnar. Fuck, can you imagine Owens vs Lesnar? If they give that guy the ball and let him run with it....sky is the limit.
HE'S FAT

Toki767

He doesn't have a physique though. I feel like Kevin Owens is basically the replacement for Kassius Ohno. Down to the KO initials.

Yeah, I immediately wanted to see Owens vs Lesnar after last night.

Vince better pony up the cash for Lesnar and this time give him the right opponents.

Here's my mini review for NXT takeover

Sash Banks and Charlotte impressed the hell outta me I dread the day they make it to the main roster

Kevin Owens/Steen is full on legit

Finn Balor is already a star that's legit

Hideo Itami finally felt like a legit star

Sami Zayn is really really legit

Mengetsu

https://twitter.com/WWEHeRises

35Nn2S9.png

The 3rd man?!

Cagey

Banned
Except he's not. He's muscular and his weight and overall frame ad to his intimidation factor.

Let's not kid ourselves here. He's fat. He's got more muscle on him than your average Joe, but in the world of pro wrasslin, Owens is a tubby roly poly ball of goo in gym shorts and a sleeveless tee. He's the dude at the gym pushing 275 on the bench because he weighs 275, but he's also allergic to a treadmill or a piece of grilled chicken.

I love the dude, but he's a fatty fat fat.

strobogo

Banned
Here's my mini review for NXT takeover

Sash Banks and Charlotte impressed the hell outta me I dread the day they make it to the main roster

Kevin Owens/Steen is full on legit

Finn Balor is already a star that's legit

Hideo Itami finally felt like a legit star

Sami Zayn is really really legit

puckett.gif

Zach

I think it's weird when people say "Benoit killed his wife and kid! He's a monster and you're a monster for not loathing him!"

I mean, who just disregards that the man had severe CTE? Like it means nothing. Like he could control what happened. That's like yelling at someone with Alzheimer's to "STOP IT! BEHAVE YOURSELF! WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, REMEMBER THINGS, YA JERK!"

I mean, it's terrible what happened. I have a son myself and thinking about doing that... horrifying. Even worse is not being in control of your actions and doing it and THEN realizing what you've done. What hell that must've been. Makes me sick just thinking about it.

Anyway, I have no opinion on whether or not Benoit should be in games or be in the Hall of Fame or whatever. Actually, as I type that, I'd probably err on the side of caution and not include him, as it seems kind of tasteless in regards to the people who were directly affected by the whole thing. I don't see why folks can't create and share created wrestlers if they see fit, though. I mean, you'd probably never want that to be a "Featured Download" or whatever, but people should be able to play the game however they want.

Anyway, shout-out to my girl Woman. It's a shame she'll never be in the Hall of Fame -- I said it! -- because she was great. Completely committed to her character. I've really come to appreciate her in my chronological viewings.

One of the most terrifying things to me is how the chemicals in your brain might just go wonky and hey, you murdered a bunch of people, or something else.

I don't think he should be in games or hall of fame though. I do think his matches that are relevant to other "legends" like Triple H & Jericho shouldn't be buried.

strobogo

Banned
This is the perfect example of what happens.

Bryan should've said "this is dumb" but since Bryan just doesn't complain and goes with the flow he didn't.

His career is full of stuff like this, it's the opposite of Punk in that regard.

Which makes it even funnier that Bryan got a WM main event and Punk didn't. Being a friendly employee and co-worker paid off.

Toki767

This is the perfect example of what happens.

Bryan should've said "this is dumb" but since Bryan just doesn't complain and goes with the flow he didn't.

His career is full of stuff like this, it's the opposite of Punk in that regard.

Yeah, and because he doesn't complain about it, they've basically been burying him the entire time even when he's not even around.

Vylash

Which makes it even funnier that Bryan got a WM main event and Punk didn't. Being a friendly employee and co-worker paid off.

eh, the crowd had to drag them kicking and screaming into giving bryan the title, they pretty much left them with no choice

somedevil

Is it not just that dork Roman Reigns? Or is he coming back sooner?

Supposedly the 16 for the live Smackdown. He is advertised for that. Plus are we sure that twitter account is sponsored by the WWE and not a fan account?

If its real it could be Daniel Bryan, Bad news Barrett or could be someone from the past coming back.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Except he's not. He's muscular and his weight and overall frame ad to his intimidation factor.
I'm not saying he can't go because he can, but man I can't help but feel like everyone coming up from NXT will get booked like shit unless they fight to protect themselves. I mean simply put if Vince decides on a whim that he doesn't like the guy you can bet Cole and the goons will be talking about how fat Kevin is.

strobogo

Banned
eh, the crowd had to drag them kicking and screaming into giving bryan the title, they pretty much left them with no choice

I don't think that matters. Punk is a whiny cunt backstage who always fought and bitched about stuff. Bryan is mellow, friendly, and went with the flow. And Bryan got rewarded for not being a cunt, both by the fans and his employer.

kiguel182

What paid off was being able to connect with the crowd the way he does. If it was any other guy with less charisma than he has (almost everyone) he wouldn't made it there.

Yeah, and because he doesn't complain about it, they've basically been burying him the entire time even when he's not even around.

Exactly. He could've pull backstage but he just doesn't say anything. He is happy either way.

The only report of him screaming at someone was then HHH cut his match with Orton short. Given everything the guy has put up with it just shows what kind of guy he is when that's what pisses him off.

LOL PWInsider so salty.

BTW I totally nominated the Meltzer driver for our voting thing.

FallingEdge this is for you buddy:

NAMQs.gif

APPLEDOUGH

happy birthday FE!
FLvMFlW.gif

While I will probably vote for the Bucks or ReDRagon, I had to make sure my dudes The Vaudevillains get at least a nom

Thanks! TeamYB Baybee

I don't come here often, but I want to say happy birthday to FE aka THE BIG GUY

Enjoy yourself dude

Working on it! Thanks dood.

Top Bottom