• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
kKhm6eD.gif

Favorite part of this match, Sasha took some sick bumps too.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I friend of mine who watches both has said that Smackdown has been consistently better than RAW for two months straight. I got shit to do on Friday Nights Maggle so I have no clue.

When it moves back to Thursday though I'm sure they will do it up for a week or two and I'll watch it then. Same with Super Smackdown next week.

Apparently they're going to shift the focus and let Smackdown advance stories and become more of a real show again when it moves to Thursdays. I mean, we've heard that before, but fingers crossed, right?

Alucard

Banned
I actually agree. A straight kick right to the fucking face shouldn't be anything less than a finisher. Honestly the DDT needs to be saved too.

Pandora's Box has already been opened, though. Would be hard to go back and re-educate people about the superkick, as it would take an industry-wide effort.

Toki767

The DDT is still used as an impact move though.

Superkicks at this point are punches. Shit is wack.

Probably the reason why they wanted to name HBK's superkick rather than just saying it was a superkick. I remember they used to call it a superkick up until he came back from his back injury I think?

strobogo

Banned
Pandora's Box has already been opened, though. Would be hard to go back and re-educate people about the superkick, as it would take an industry-wide effort.

It just needs a company wide effort. Like in WWE, have the Usos doing superkicks only as finishers. Have Neville win a match with one. Don't have dudes do them if they aren't going to end a match or get a near fall. A move can be death in one company and a joke in another.

Omega

Banned

probably my biggest problem with current wrestling. If HBK hit a sweet chin music the match was probably over. Dolph does 4 superkicks and doesn't even win the match.

Meh. The DDT used to be a finisher. Now it's just a normal move like a headlock.

Also a stupid thing, especially in a world where putting some guy on your shoulders and tossing him on his back/falling on your back is a finisher.

or in Dolph's case, jumping to pull someone down? I still don't know what the fuck his finisher is supposed to be and it makes him look worse than creative ever would.

Cagey

Banned
It just needs a company wide effort. Like in WWE, have the Usos doing superkicks only as finishers. Have Neville win a match with one. Don't have dudes do them if they aren't going to end a match or get a near fall. A move can be death in one company and a joke in another.

Yep. When Batista returned and powerbombed some fools, it had impact because the powerbomb isn't used by 10 different wrestlers on the regular. Let the indies suffer from that problem; the fans don't mind anyway. WWE can set the tone for itself and fix the problem easily, if it so chose.

Toki767

I wish indie wrestlers would make a conscious effort and all start doing tons of AAs and spears and constantly kicking out of them. Make a joke out of Cena and Reigns' finishers. That'd be hilarious.

Catching up on this thread it's great to see how many people think Owens is going to be a big thing. I'm not the only one who has been saying he would be great in the WWE with his look, his moveset and his personality, but there weren't many of us a couple of days ago.

I know people say things like 'blah blah blah physique, blah blah put him next to Roman, blah blah who looks like they would win?' but let him hit some of his offence and tell me who is sitting at home going 'there's no way he can win this match'... no one.

He's not Rey Mysterio. His offense looks devastating, so people will buy into him at the very top of the card no matter who you put him against and how many feet taller than him they are. His weight is an advantage when he can cannonball and suicide dive, because when someone of Kevin's size does it, it looks more damaging.

kiguel182

Apparently they're going to shift the focus and let Smackdown advance stories and become more of a real show again when it moves to Thursdays. I mean, we've heard that before, but fingers crossed, right?

Their own stories or Raw stories?

Because if they start doing 5 hours of weekly wrestling and I have to watch it all to know the story then I'm out.

Either have their own roster or keep being filler because WWE can't book a 3 hour show full of good stuff and they won't be able to do a 5 hour one for sure.

Because if they start doing 5 hours of weekly wrestling and I have to watch it all to know the story then I'm out.

Either have their own roster or keep being filler because WWE can't book a 3 hour show full of good stuff and they won't be able to do a 5 hour one for sure.

Don't worry.

They will recap everything on both shows.

Twice.

Toki767

Don't worry. It'll be somewhat relevant for a month or two and then go back to being skippable outside of a match or two. They've already been trying to make it relevant lately with the Wyatt/Ambrose stuff but considering Ambrose didn't even sell getting his throat crushed with that chair like when Undertaker did it to Maven, you can probably still just watch the highlights on Raw.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's hilarious thinking about how all of these sentimental Triple H shots are just carefully posed photo ops.

"Do I look proud enough?"

#ExposingTheBusiness

I been saying that since the first TRIPS LOVES NXT photos started showing up.

Fox318

It's amazing that Hunter is the reason why the buisness is in the shape it is and the savior.

Dude can't even book himself!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Punk probably figured correctly that his best shot of ever headlining Mania was to become a semi successful UFC fighter and be the thing he hates the most, a part timer.

strobogo

Banned
Punk probably figured correctly that his best shot of ever headlining Mania was to become a semi successful UFC fighter and be the thing he hates the most, a part timer.

What if the reason he hated part timers was because he himself COULDN'T be one? Some self loathing shit I'd expect from a carny cunt like him.

" You either die trying to main event WrestleMania, or you live long enough to see yourself become a part-timer."

XenoRaven

I'm ok with the super kick becoming more common because it gives smaller guys a good, believable, high impact strike. Basically the equivalent of what a big boot or a good stiff clothesline does for big guys.

Corpsepyre

Banned
CZW's Cage of Death in a few days! Can't wait to see what savagery they've cooked up this time. This time of the year is always exciting for ultraviolent aficionados.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Of course DMark doesn't know that this CM Punk business is a long con.

This might also be the tipping point that turns UFC into a fixed contest.

Right now they are a way less corrupt boxing and only do a bit of very soft rigging to push certain agendas forward. But if this shit makes them money after a bad year?

Fox318

TripleH

Thanks for the fruit basket @reddit but I'm at @WWENXT working with the future. #WWEArchivistAteIt @WWE pic.twitter.com/fs8ogk2rGa
B4sIo72CQAEc-35.jpg:large

Top Bottom