• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

strobogo

Banned
Does WWE ever use old WCW/ECW PPV names?

A new Bash at the Beach would be pretty cool.

December to Dismember, while not an original ECW PPV, was a name they used for a few December arena shows. The Smackdown Halloween show this year was named Halloween Havoc for guides and the Network.

They used the great american bash a while ago...even though it was called "the bash". Other than that...not really. I would love for them to turn TLC into Starrcade though. They could made it the wrestlemania for mid to low cards since buyrates are usually meh around that time.

but fucking WWE don't consider, think, or support such ideas :(

It was GAB for 5 years before they called it The Bash and then dropped it. I have no idea why they brought it back in the first place. It was random as fuck.

RP912

Banned
Is that where this happened?

WhsCqQM.gif

smh...well to be fair JBL was the shit in 2004/05. Dude was one of the greatest heels of all time imo...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Halloween Havoc, Fall Brawl, and Spring Stampede are top tier PPV names. I got a soft spot for Slamboree and Superbrawl too.

Ithil

Roman was in FCW for two years. Charlotte had her first Raw match less than 2 years after she went to developmental. Roman wasn't 'the top spot' on his first raw appearance either. He was with the Shield for 2 years where all three guys were getting equal spotlight.

And he's now being pushed to the top spot of the company, even though he's still meh.
FCW didn't have shit on NXT as far as getting people ready either

Again, Charlotte is in developmental, her only RAW match has been losing to a rollup in three minutes. Not exactly Reigns, who hasn't lost a singles match since coming to the main roster.

RP912

Banned
For a promoter to be all about "fun", he sure hates breaking out of the box when it comes down to arena themes. WCW made ppvs feel like an unique experience despite the fact that some of the ppvs were certified dog shit. I could go for a Bash at the Beach PPV over a 3 hour raw event with a different name.

It's like Wrestlemania is the only WWE ppv that feels different from a normal raw and smackdown episode.

strobogo

Banned
And he's now being pushed to the top spot of the company, even though he's still meh.
FCW didn't have shit on NXT as far as getting people ready either

Again, Charlotte is in developmental, her only RAW match has been losing to a rollup in three minutes. Not exactly Reigns, who hasn't lost a singles match since coming to the main roster.

That can't be accurate. He didn't lose that one to Bray? Has he even had more than 5 singles matches?

strobogo

Banned
My favorite part about the cannon ball is that Nash was drunk and didn't realize a 7 feet tall 300 pound man doing a cannon ball into a 4 feet deep pool would have serious repercussions on his tail bone.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lawler wrestled Undertaker/Master of Pain in a theme park wave pool match once. Don't think there's any video if it though. It's in his book.

Sokantish

Yes
and she won her match

He won that by DQ. And yes.
He has only been pinned twice since coming to the main roster, and both times in multi man matches.

was having Enzo call her out like that meant to get her popular or was she just going to be a one time jobber and the fans liked her? AM I GETTING WORKED?

Ithil

was having Enzo call her out like that meant to get her popular or was she just going to be a one time jobber and the fans liked her? AM I GETTING WORKED?

Probably wasn't meant to mean anything originally, but officials liked her and brought her back, and now she's super over so she was back again. Now they know the NXT crowd likes her so they used to turn Carmella heel. I also think they didn't want to have Carmella lose her first few matches, but didn't think she was ready to be beating the other NXT women.

strobogo

Banned
It's crazy that he didn't have a televised singles match for almost 7 months. Fuck, looking at the records, he didn't have any singles matches on house shows until April of 2014. No wonder he didn't improve. How was he going to improve as a singles guy when he didn't wrestle any singles matches for 2 years?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If WCW had an outdoor show, you bet your ass I was watching that over RAW.

Outdoor shows = ratings

They mostly only did them for Spring Break, but they were really cool. One of my favorite 'dumb' things about watching WCW, honestly. And they were usually at night, so they looked less backyardy than your CZWs.. Or your Wrestlemania 9s. Though I did like Summerslam with Bret vs Bulldog where it got darker for the main event.

strobogo

Banned
Listening to jericho podcast for ambrose interview

I do not think I like Jericho's podcast

The first 20 minutes of his show is completely unbearable. The rest of the show usually is, depending on the guest. I listened to Dean's and it was pretty cool, but usually they're really shitty and Jericho asks the dumbest questions and finds a way to talk about himself every chance he gets.

The first 20 minutes of his show is completely unbearable. The rest of the show usually is, depending on the guest. I listened to Dean's and it was pretty cool, but usually they're really shitty and Jericho asks the dumbest questions and finds a way to talk about himself every chance he gets.
YEAHHHHHHHHH

WHAT'S UP BAYBEE

*guitar squeal*

CLICK THE TOP OF THE PAAGEEE

Alucard

Banned
I wonder if anything ROH related will make it to the voting stage. Unless Alucard spammed his votes.

I definitely tried to rep ROH a bit just for variety. The Young Bucks are in there for best tag team, and reDRagon vs. The Young Bucks for best non-WWE match. Also...ROH as the best promotion of 2014, brother.

Alucard

Banned
Jericho is way too focused on trying to be a "radio host" or DJ. At least what he thinks a radio host is like.

I still admire his gusto and commitment to just trying to be an entertainer in whatever he attempts. You can tell he's having a blast. I actually enjoy a good chunk of his interviews. Even the random ones about Big Foot and monsters.

Alucard

Banned
Btw, I'm getting ready to re-watch The Time Splitters vs. reDRagon from ROH Final Battle. Wanna see how it holds up on second viewing.

Top Bottom