• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Just got in from PWG. It was fucking insane. My first PWG event and I am definitely going to every one from now on. Just a few quick notes:

*Adam Cole is THE FUCKING MAN.
*the WWE needs to sign Uhaa Nation yesterday.
*Brian Cage is HUGE in person.
*Candice LeRae is super cute and talented.
*Kyle O'Reilly needs to chill with all the jiu-jitsu moves. Speaking as a jiu-jitsu practitioner, it's just not believable at all.
*Why is Ricochet not in NXT right now? He's amazing.
*Chris Hero is not as tubby as he has looked in some pictures.

I met John Morrison(Mundo). He sat from row next to the 4 Horsewomen (minus Ronda Rousey). Great guy. Talked to him while in line for the bar, told him that I enjoyed his work and he thanked me and extended his hand, which I shook.

Me and my brother in law met Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae at In-N-Out after the show. They were so nice and we were sure not to look like a couple of goofs. Just told them it was an awesome show and thanked them.

Overall, it was a great night.

This is awesome to hear. I still need to make a trip out there to watch a PWG show. Maybe in 2015 I will.

iMax

Devitt's Bane entrance has finally made it to YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iItApVLxUzg&feature=youtu.be

All I was thinking of was...

will-arnett-hot-cops-arrested-development.jpg

Fox318

Vince needs to push the usos.

Must make Roman stong

Make reigns stogth

Make blood strong Make reigns stonk

Roman must wear thong sounds like strong

Reigns music must have gong to make him stringth

Mahonay

Banned
I feel kind of good knowing I don't have to attempt watching 3 hours of hot WWE garbage every Monday. Going to stick to PPVs only, NXT every week, and NJPW here and there.

Thank you based Haitch for freeing me of my torment.

Just finished the Jericho podcast with dean. Despite mostly being an annoying goober when it came to the interview Jericho was alright. Dean was great. Really chilled and laid back but he's passionate. He's also a great storyteller those impressions were great

"Dean...James Deen"

"Ambrose...AMBROSE"

"Dean Ambrose is strong baby"

Whatever happened to Naked Mideon? I love the theme song that comes out when he shakes in the ring! WWE may had butchered his character, but he went out in a blazee of glory!

Fox318

I feel kind of good knowing I don't have to attempt watching 3 hours of hot WWE garbage every Monday. Going to stick to PPVs only, NXT every week, and NJPW here and there.

Thank you based Haitch for freeing me of my torment.
But you will miss the build-up for a stairs match.

With the big show.

The 10 minute restholds in a no dq match won't make any sense.

Showaddy

That is great. While I like his new entrance music I still miss this one.

Didn't WWE get Rey permission from Marvel to use some of their stuff? Imagine them doing that for Devitt.

I don't think they got permission but at the same time they never outright said Rey was dressed as The Joker/Flash whatever, they kept it pretty unspecific even if it was obvious. If they keep making merch based of Balor's paint they'll have to create their own designs as well.

Vince needs to push the usos.

Must make Roman stong

Make reigns stogth

Make blood strong Make reigns stonk

Roman must wear thong sounds like strong

Reigns music must have gong to make him stringth

Roman Reigns is just awful and is only getting a push due to being related to The Rock. Batista is more entertaining than him, which is saying something.

He needs a new gimmick if he can't improve his shit mic skills. One of the easiest ways to help improve a boring person's charisma is by applying face paint or a mask. He can't be a new member of Goldust/Stardust team since that would be considered a "downgrade" by the wrestling community. Perhaps he can have a REAL viking gimmick and become a member of Triple H's Authority. He needs something if WWE is going to push him hard for Wrestlemania next year!

Are nominations still being taken for cunt of the year? Because I nominate those cunts on Youtube who put up fake thumbnails which link to videos of their ugly ass faces talking about the thing that I actually want to watch, with a giant "SUBSCRIBE!" annotation plastered around. Cunts. SimplyTheBest 2.0s.

Gonzalez

Banned

Rowan's sell reminds me of that old wrestling urban legend about a wrestler who sold a cup of beer that was thrown at him like he was shot by a sniper because he thought his opponent was the one who hit him. Apparently it caused everyone in attendance to burst out in laughter at the wrestlers in the ring. So afterwards the booker of the territory decided to never hire that wrestler ever again for his shows,

Mahonay

Banned
Rowan's sell reminds me of that old wrestling urban legend about a wrestler who sold a cup of beer that was thrown at him like he was shot by a sniper because he thought his opponent was the one who hit him. Apparently it caused everyone in attendance to burst out in laughter.
JR is very upset.

Fox318

Rowan's sell reminds me of that old wrestling urban legend about a wrestler who sold a cup of beer that was thrown at him like he was shot by a sniper because he thought his opponent was the one who hit him. Apparently it caused everyone in attendance to burst out in laughter at the wrestlers in the ring. So afterwards the booker of the territory decided to never hire that wrestler ever again for his shows,
So mizdow

Roman Reigns is just awful and is only getting a push due to being related to The Rock. Batista is more entertaining than him, which is saying something.

He needs a new gimmick if he can't improve his shit mic skills. One of the easiest ways to help improve a boring person's charisma is by applying face paint or a mask. He can't be a new member of Goldust/Stardust team since that would be considered a "downgrade" by the wrestling community. Perhaps he can have a REAL viking gimmick and become a member of Triple H's Authority. He needs something if WWE is going to push him hard for Wrestlemania next year!

Reigns isn't ready.

But there's no denying that he's over with live crowds, and over with the 'WWE universe'. He has something. My worry is that by pushing him too soon, he'll be the next Chris Masters, say.

Someone who had real potential, but who by the time he was able to demonstrate that, people already were sick and tired of having him forced down their throats.

Alucard

Banned
Are nominations still being taken for cunt of the year? Because I nominate those cunts on Youtube who put up fake thumbnails which link to videos of their ugly ass faces talking about the thing that I actually want to watch, with a giant "SUBSCRIBE!" annotation plastered around. Cunts. SimplyTheBest 2.0s.

Or post a video of themselves playing a WWE game and make you think it's the actual match from the screen grab. Fuck those guys.

Alucard

Banned
I like some of the ROH wrestling but it's really dry for me personality-wise. ReDRagon and the Young Bucks are cool though

it's kind of an upgrade tbh

For the record, I watched TNA for most of 2014. Have been out of the loop for the past month or so, though. The fact that I don't get Destination America and that there are now so many wrestling options out there makes it difficult to focus of 'em.

Jay Lethal vs ACH has MOTY wrapped up

It's in my personal top 10, at least. It wasn't even the best ROH match this year, but it was excellent.

Youtube, my friend. Youtube.

And yeah, the video is awful. Not sure how people were seriously excited about these guys in NXT. Looks like a total Vince creation.

I've been shitting on them since the network launched and I saw the first live special where they only just managed to beat Too Cool.

Who were always shit too.

NB: Too Cool are not Too Much (they were MUCH better when they were Too Much), and Rikishi is not a member of the tag team Too Cool, but was an ally of them who was always billed separately so don't shit on me as if I bad mouthed Rikishi because I fucking didn't.

Ehem.

Reigns isn't ready.

But there's no denying that he's over with live crowds, and over with the 'WWE universe'. He has something. My worry is that by pushing him too soon, he'll be the next Chris Masters, say.

Someone who had real potential, but who by the time he was able to demonstrate that, people already were sick and tired of having him forced down their throats.

This sounds like a wonderful outcome.

Alucard

Banned
Man, reDRagon vs. The Time Splitters at Final Battle really was excellent. Just all-around superb tag team wrestling that doesn't follow the WWE face in peril and wait for the hot tag ouvre.

Vylash

So I went back and watched Neville/Zayn again and holy shit this is the same story WWE tried to tell at Mania with Cena/Wyatt, except it wasn't horribly executed, Sami can act, and the crowd actually gave a shit. The shocked expressions on the crowd's faces every time Neville hit a really big move, they way they desperately called out to Sami every time Neville was about to cheat, the way they held their breath every time there was a near fall and let out a huge sigh of relief when Sami kicked out, the horror on their faces when Owens laid him out. So many WWE matches could be so much better if they could get the crowd invested in their performers and storylines like this

So I went back and watched Neville/Zayn again and holy shit this is the same story WWE tried to tell at Mania with Cena/Wyatt, except it wasn't horribly executed, Sami can act, and the crowd actually gave a shit. The shocked expressions on the crowd's faces every time Neville hit a really big move, they way they desperately called out to Sami every time Neville was about to cheat, the way they held their breath every time there was a near fall and let out a huge sigh of relief when Sami kicked out, the horror on their faces when Owens laid him out. So many WWE matches could be so much better if they could get the crowd invested in their performers and storylines like this

tumblr_mgje9suabO1rzoiaqo1_400.gif

Mahonay

Banned
It starts by presenting a respectable product that doesn't actively resent it's own fans. Until Vince relinquishes his role, you can expect little to change.

I started watching WWE again a year and a half ago after I stopped back around 2002-2003. Just in this short time I've been watching, it's truly amazing to see them drop the ball as many times as they have. They have no real competition. They run their show the way it best serves Vince. The viewer is ALWAYS second. In fact, they go out of their way to make sure you are very aware of that. Interesting story lines and performers get over purely by accident, or by someone in the back having to sacrifice themselves to get it done. Fuck this ridiculous company.

Top Bottom