• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
So I went back and watched Neville/Zayn again and holy shit this is the same story WWE tried to tell at Mania with Cena/Wyatt, except it wasn't horribly executed, Sami can act, and the crowd actually gave a shit. The shocked expressions on the crowd's faces every time Neville hit a really big move, they way they desperately called out to Sami every time Neville was about to cheat, the way they held their breath every time there was a near fall and let out a huge sigh of relief when Sami kicked out, the horror on their faces when Owens laid him out. So many WWE matches could be so much better if they could get the crowd invested in their performers and storylines like this

Plus, the crowd was SO AGAINST Sami using the belt. He's that good of a face!

It's pretty telling that the only WWE storyline to have the sort of emotional connection seen in Zayn/Neville was entirely forced upon them because of their reluctance to push Bryan. Sure, they may have designed that WrestleMania moment, but it wasn't in their original plans.

PWG run too few shows to be promotion of the year, imo. Same reason I wouldn't vote for PROGRESS. Also, NXT isn't deserving based off a few specials and a handful of great TV matches each year - the average quality of the program week to week isn't up to par with ROH. Not that I'd vote ROH as my promotion of the year, either...

It starts by presenting a respectable product that doesn't actively resent it's own fans. Until Vince relinquishes his role, you can expect little to change.

I started watching WWE again a year and a half ago after I stopped back around 2002-2003. Just in this short time I've been watching, it's truly amazing to see them drop the ball as many times as they have. They have no real competition. They run their show the way it best serves Vince. The viewer is ALWAYS second. In fact, they go out of their way to make sure you are very aware of that. Interesting story lines and performers get over purely by accident, or by someone in the back having to sacrifice themselves to get it done. Fuck this ridiculous company.

"EVERYTHING is our competition!"

RP912

Banned
You know whats so sad about WWE is when NXT actually had matches on Raw...the crowd was actually into it. Unlike majority of the raw card which the crowd was either dead or in a concession stand.

DMczaf

I like how the closest you can get to Indie/Developmental with Big Show is "main eventer in WCW"

Motherfucker has been spoiled his entire career.

Alucard

Banned
Pearce was all for it, but I doubt Cornette would have gone along with the feud if they hadn't been half-way through it when he took over.

If they don't release a DVD compilation of the feud at some point, I'll be legit shook. And disappointed.

I'm guessing NJPW is your promotion of the year. I'd be cool buying that based on the G1 matches I've seen, some of the other top PPV matches, and their work with ROH.

Carnby

I think the best Raw intro was in 1996. The music is great, the style is cool without feeling too 90's, and it's short. It's perfect.

Carnby

Why didn't you guys tell me about Don Hendrix and The Raw Band? Loooool

If you haven't seen this, it's on the Jan 22nd, 1996 episode.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
ROH don't get to take credit for Steen and Generico at all. Shit, CZW get to take more credit for Steen and Generico than ROH did. I remember when ROH thought they were too good to have either one of them.

ROH don't get to take credit for Steen and Generico at all. Shit, CZW get to take more credit for Steen and Generico than ROH did. I remember when ROH thought they were too good to have either one of them.

ROH did great things with them, but it wasn't really where either got their start, or their big break. I'll always link them to ROH in my mind though, because my first experience with either guy was at an ROH show I attended.

RBH

RIP Elimination Chamber PPV

20141204_EP_LIGHT_fastlane-tickets-hp.jpg

New ground will be broken Sunday, Feb. 22, 2015, when the inaugural WWE Fast Lane pay-per-view takes over the FedExForum in Memphis, Tenn.!

Tickets are now available at the FedExForum box office or www.ticketmaster.com, or you can charge by phone by calling (800) 745-3000.

The historic event marks WWE’s first pay-per-view in Memphis — one of sports-entertainment’s richest cities — in more than eight years. Though WWE Fast Lane is brand new to the WWE Universe, one thing’s for sure: With the WWE Universe racing down The Road to WrestleMania 31, your favorite Superstars and Divas will kick the action into high gear on Feb. 22.

Don’t miss out on your chance to witness history in the making!
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwefastlane/2015/wwe-fast-lane-tickets-26891890

FyreWulff

Now if they could get rid of all the other PPVs that have cages just because it's a PPV and make it so cages are only used when they should be, we've got something here

Top Bottom