• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

RP912

Banned
Can we please endeavor WWE from Wrasslegaf come January and focus on some good wrestling like NXT, Lucha Underground, NJPW, and Tn.......CZW.

Gonzalez

Banned
Fast Lane is such a horrible name for a ppv. Perfect for current day WWE.

It is lame, but I get what they were going for. They wanted a "Road to" theme for the PPV, but they wanted something less cliché. Problem is instead of sounding like its the last PPV before their biggest show of the year, it sounds like a new Disney World(the superior Disney park) Fast Pass gimmick.

RP912

Banned
Elimination Chamber fit the road to Wrestlemania theme to a T. I just don't understand. They might as well get rid of random ppvs and focus on the big 4 for crying out loud.

It is lame, but I get what they were going for. They wanted a "Road to" theme for the PPV, but they wanted something less cliché. Problem is instead of sounding like its the last PPV before their biggest show of the year, it sounds like a new Disney World(the superior Disney park) Fast Pass gimmick.

They should have called it Cena V Rollins Dawn of Wrestlemania

RP912

Banned
We don't know. Put it in Battleground's slot or something to build to Summerslam.

They could make the chamber have a battleground theme since it would actually work....but I don't want to get deeper into something I don't know. I just hope the chamber don't get budget'd.

MC Safety

The best thing the WWE could do is strip Lesnar of the title and have a tournament to declare a new champ.

If less of Brock Lesnar is more, think of how much NO Brock Lesnar is.

RBH

http://youtu.be/C79JAPfTyKU?list=UUJ5v_MCY6GNUBTO8-D3XoAg

Xavier did a

HXZ25aE.gif

Ok, now this was pretty great.

RBH

20141203_LIGHT_TLC2014_MATCH_HOMEPAGE_AbroseWyatt

Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt (TLC match)

20141203_LIGHT_TLC2014_MATCH_HOMEPAGE_CenaRollins.jpg

John Cena vs. Seth Rollins (Tables match)

fds.jpg

Luke Harper vs. Dolph Ziggler (Ladder match for the Intercontinental Title)

20141203_LIGHT_TLC2014_MATCH_HOMEPAGE_RybackKane.jpg

Ryback vs. Kane (Chairs match)

bbbbbbbb.jpg

Erick Rowan vs. Big Show (Steel Stairs match)

20141203_LIGHT_TLC2014_MATCH_HOMEPAGE_Tag.jpg

The Miz and Damien Mizdow vs. The Usos (WWE Tag-Team Title Match)

20141123_LIGHT_TLC2014_MATCH_HOMEPAGE_rusevswagger-sponsor.jpg

Rusev vs. Jack Swagger (United States Title Match)

rrr.jpg

Nikki Bella vs. AJ Lee (Divas Title Match)

20141123208_LIGHT_TLC2014_HOMEPAGE_kickoff.jpg

The New Day vs. Stardust and Goldust (Pre-Show match)

I'm still feeling pretty positive and happy about wrestling from the high NXT gave me. And the card for TLC, despite having no real hype behind it, looks good on paper.

Thanks, RBH. That'll come in handy for my TLC&S OT thread.

Of course I'll have to correct your error of not placing Cena's match at the top of the card.

Alucard

Banned
Catching up on G1 from this year. Ishii vs. Fale was...absolutely awesome. They just smashed the fuck out of each other.

Can someone tell me why I should care about Toru Yano? His tights are godawful and I see nothing in him from the 3 times I've watched him now.

Catching up on G1 from this year. Ishii vs. Fale was...absolutely awesome. They just smashed the fuck out of each other.

Can someone tell me why I should care about Toru Yano? His tights are godawful and I see nothing in him from the 3 times I've watched him now.

he's a comedy heel jobber

XenoRaven

Fire up the Dragonzord signal.

Rewatching Taker/HBK from 25. The camera man spot. Why would HBK even bother trying to pull the cameraman in? Wouldn't you want Taker to eat it for maximum damage?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He's a comedy heel who's insanely over and forcefully sells merch. I know you're used to guys who have no personality, no uniqueness, and only get by based on their spots, but New Japan is able to have both.

XenoRaven

Why is he beating the likes of Minoru Suzuki at the G1?

Should I be worried? Is he a fan?
Suzuki is the grumpiest and angriest guy in NJPW now. He was referred to as "The man with the worst personality in the world." So it's fun to watch him get trolled by Yano. They feuded for way too long after that though.

I don't really know what to compare Yano to. He's kind of like a devious cartoon character that wins by cheating but still gets over with the crowd. He also has his own DVD (two now actually) that he will bring to the ring and shove in front of the camera to get more people to buy it.
This is basically the most perfect response to a post I have ever seen.
He's a comedy heel who's insanely over and forcefully sells merch. I know you're used to guys who have no personality, no uniqueness, and only get by based on their spots, but New Japan is able to have both.
Aaaaand there it is.

Alucard

Banned

Why you hating, man? No need to go there.

Tanahashi/Honma from day 1 was...okay. Shibata/Nakamura, AJ/Okada, and Ishii/Fale stole the show.

KissVibes

Banned
They named a PPV after that fucking John Cena phone game, which already shared the title with that Fast and The Furious rip-off show from FOX...

The Rock winning the Royal Rumble confirmed.

Top Bottom