• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
A gaffer worked on Star Wars, and I'm told he's a hack

Look at Mr Via Satellite over here
The point is, you don't talk spit about someone if they're part of the same community. He could come in here, read that, feel bad and make a post acknowledging his involvement. Then Shark Johnson is going to feel bad. Everyone will feel bad.

I'm just looking out for Shark.

Alucard

Banned
Is there a clause in every New Japan wrestler's contract that says "Must do forearm shots trading in the middle of the ring at least once per match"?

I finally started using my WWE Network subscription only to find out there's not jack shit for recent PPVs.

Gotta protect those DVD sales, I suppose.

bigkrev

Cage of Death was a great show. Some real fun spotfests and comedy matches early, and it saved all the violence for the main event, which was insane as hell- there were Light Tubes, glass panes, and even 10 Weedwhacker shots, including one to the face. Just a bloody violent match that lived up to the billing, with the only problem being a lot of unprotected chairshots that really harmed my enjoyment.

0fRGkkD.jpg

This was on Lana's instagram with the hashtag #Raw but quickly removed

KissVibes

Banned
Well, now we aren't getting it and Swagger is gonna get that big win tonight.

Also, having RUSSIAN BAD GUY as US Champion is instaheat. Don't ruin an easy thing, WWE.

It would only be good to have Swagger become EU Champion tonight (He stole the belt from Titan Towers; Vince owed Zeb a favor) and Rusev became both EU and US Champion.

strobogo

Banned
I went to see Exodus: Moses's Totally Bogus Adventure

I'm not going to bother with spoilers because...if you're getting spoiled on the story of Moses by 2014, who gives a shit. Also, it is a shitty movie.

DIFFERENCES FROM THE BOOK

• In the movie, Moses is never sentenced to slave labor and forced to work with the Jews. He's just banished from the land.
  • He never finds his real mother.
  • God does not talk through a burning bush. Instead, Moses climbs "God's mountain" and is caught in a mudslide. He's struck in the head with a rock and has a severe brain injury. He then sees a burning bush, but God is in the form of a dick head 8 year old boy. He continues to hallucinate seeing Kid God through out the movie, even in front of people, but no one else can see or hear the kid.
  • The Red Sea does not part. Instead, the tide draws in due to a tsunami and the Jews are able to pass in the nick of time. Even though the incoming wave should have killed them all anyway.
  • The plagues come one directly after another without stop. Fire balls are omitted. Also omitted are scenes with Moses negotiating with the Pharaoh, having the plagues stopped, and Ramses going back on his word ,causing more plagues. Instead, God (who is a smart assed angry little kid) keeps punishing the innocent Egyptians to prove a point to Moses more than the pharaoh. Moses tells God that it is too much, it is cruel, and he wants nothing to do with any of this anymore. THEN God kills all the first born.
  • Aaron Paul as Joshua had less to do than Aaron Paul as Jesse in the last few episodes of Breaking Bad. All Josh did for the whole movie was stare at stuff in anger/fear. He has absolutely no impact on the story whatsoever and only a handful of lines.
  • Aaron's significance isn't mentioned at all besides being Moseseseses' brother.
  • The 10 Commandments are chiseled by Moses instead of being inscribed by the finger of God.
  • At no point does Moses have a rod. The story with changing the rod to a snake and back never happens.

Basically, God comes off even WORSE in the movie than he does in the book, which is pretty crazy. At first, God being portrayed as a little boy was a big WTF moment. But then it made perfect sense. Of COURSE God is a shitheel 8 year old boy who is mean and cruel. That makes the most sense in the world to me. What made a little less sense is that Moses only saw him after a brain injury. The greatest Jew to ever live didn't buy into any of this shit until he got his brain scrambled and started hallucinating.

It's a movie where if you know the source material, you'll have a LOT of "That's not how the book goes". If you don't know the source material, you'll be completely lost. All the symbolism is lost on you and the over all story is weird and dumb without the context of the book anyway. A big example is towards the end, Moses is at the top of Mt. Sinai. The camera pans and sees the Jews dicking around with a giant golden calf. Little God just shakes his head at Moses. The next scene has Moses chiseling away. If you didn't know the story, you'd have NO idea why Little Bill gave that look. If you do know the story, you should still be pissed that God punished the Jews for breaking a law that he hadn't created yet. But that punishment isn't mentioned. The next scene has Moses looking old as shit in a wagon with the commandments. If you don't know the story, you'd probably be pretty confused as to why they were still traveling since they were pretty close to the Promised Land what appears to be about 40 years earlier.

So those are the issues with the story. There are other issues:

• Horrible continuity on beards and hair
  • Christian Bale's accent changes from scene to scene, sometime within a scene. He goes from his natural accent to his American accent to what sounds like an Australian accent to Batman voice. Frequently.
  • A lot of really odd lines, made weirder by delivery. Everything looks and sounds like the first take was the only take.
  • Strange lingering shots that look like someone forgot to edit 2-3 seconds earlier.
  • A few shots of EXTREMELY dodgy CGI/green screening, especially during the Red Sea scene.
  • There are like...2 people in the whole movie who look like they could be of Egyptian descent.
  • Moses somehow got dirtier living in a town than wandering the desert. He also was dirtier after being in the sea than he was wandering the desert.
  • One of the regents seems to be a campy gay man for some reason and appears to offer sexual favors to Moses.

So basically what I'm saying is it sucked. It seemed like it was going to be REALLY bad for the first 15 minutes or so, but then it leveled out into boring for most of the movie. I'm pretty sure Ridley was on wine patrol for the entire shoot. Seems like no effort was put into actual directing at all.

DiscoJon

Banned
Well, now we aren't getting it and Swagger is gonna get that big win tonight.

Also, having RUSSIAN BAD GUY as US Champion is instaheat. Don't ruin an easy thing, WWE.

It would only be good to have Swagger become EU Champion tonight (He stole the belt from Titan Towers; Vince owed Zeb a favor) and Rusev became both EU and US Champion.

Russian bad guy gets even bigger super-duper heat by destroying the US Belt and replaces it with European (or even better a "Russian Federation") Belt.

strobogo

Banned
UNSOLVED MYTHOLOGICAL MYSTERIES with Stro: A primer on the WBF Gods.
ivf4MpmKVZ1cV.jpg

Zeus: Before the Gods were the Titans. Kronos was the leader of the Teen Titans. He liked to bang a lot, but he would eat all of his children, as it was prophesied that one would eventually over throw him. When Zeus was born, his mother hid him away from Kronos, on the account of the baby eating thing. When it was time for Kronos to eat Zeus, Zeus's mom instead fed him rocks. Kronos apparently had really strong teeth and a lack of taste buds. Zeus would grow up and eventually, along with 5 of his brothers, over throw the Teen Titans and reign as the God of Thunder and Rock and Roll. He is also known as Jupiter, because boys are stupider.
ibtrF0vRCAcqfm.gif

Hera: Zeus's wife. Known for being the traditional sitcom nagging wife with a mean streak. You see, Zeus is what the gods like to call a "pusshound". He fucks EVERY woman he can find. And Hera kills them for it. She was pretty into pea cocks and cows. Also known as Juno.
ibxgSwtsoH6J25.jpg

Poseidon: Brother of Zeus and god of the sea. The second highest god. In addition to ruling the sea and always carrying a trident, he also gave horses to mankind. Married to Amphitrite. Also known as Neptune.
fPqmTSe.jpg

Hades: Ruler of the dead and the underworld. Also the god of wealth. He had a helmet that made him invisible. All around general cunt that no one liked. Married to Persephone.
pruFtpL.jpg

Athena: Daughter of Zeus, but not born of a mother. Instead, she popped out of Zeus's head fully grown and in armor. The goddess of battle. She was the first to tame horses. Daddy's Little Girl. Also known as Minerva.
iOtKjYOfzgOkN.gif

Apollo: Son of Zeus and Leto. Known as the most Greek god. Master musician. Taught mankind the art of healing. Never lied. Known for his pretty dope archery skills.
aVojwwh.gif

Artemis Twin sister of Apollo. Lady of Wild Things. Protector of dewy youth. Huntsman in chief to the gods. Also known as Diana.
H0IfSIG.jpg

Aphrodite: God of love and beauty. Sometimes the daughter of Zeus. Sometimes born from the foam of the sea. EVERYONE wanted to fuck her. She's often times married to Hephaestus. Loved trees and birds. Also known as Venus.
z9GLNgX.png

Hermes: Son of Zeus and Maia. Very fast. Had a winged hat and winged sandals. Zeus's messenger. Also a thief. He stole before he was even a full 24 hours old. He is the most mentioned god.
js0kUlx.jpg

Ares: The god of war. Son of Zeus and Hera. He was a real cunt and everyone hated him, including his parents. Had no real personality besides being a waring cunt. Also known as Mars. The Romans like Mars more than the Greek like Ares. Because he was a cunt.
tumblr_m98ghh1zDD1qhz867o1_400.gif

Hephaestus: The god of fire. Sometimes he is the son of Hera and Zeus. Other times he is the son of just Hera, who had him in retaliation for Zeus popping Athena out of his head. He was the black smith to the gods and people generally seemed to like him. However, he was also a mute and ugly as fuck. Also known as Vulcan.

Hestia: Zeus's sister. Plays no role in any of the myths, but tributes were given to her before and after every meal. Goddess of Hearth.
tile-a-hearth-x.jpg

I went to see Exodus: Moses's Totally Bogus Adventure

I'm not going to bother with spoilers because...if you're getting spoiled on the story of Moses by 2014, who gives a shit. Also, it is a shitty movie.

DIFFERENCES FROM THE BOOK

• In the movie, Moses is never sentenced to slave labor and forced to work with the Jews. He's just banished from the land.
  • He never finds his real mother.
  • God does not talk through a burning bush. Instead, Moses climbs "God's mountain" and is caught in a mudslide. He's struck in the head with a rock and has a severe brain injury. He then sees a burning bush, but God is in the form of a dick head 8 year old boy. He continues to hallucinate seeing Kid God through out the movie, even in front of people, but no one else can see or hear the kid.
  • The Red Sea does not part. Instead, the tide draws in due to a tsunami and the Jews are able to pass in the nick of time. Even though the incoming wave should have killed them all anyway.
  • The plagues come one directly after another without stop. Fire balls are omitted. Also omitted are scenes with Moses negotiating with the Pharaoh, having the plagues stopped, and Ramses going back on his word ,causing more plagues. Instead, God (who is a smart assed angry little kid) keeps punishing the innocent Egyptians to prove a point to Moses more than the pharaoh. Moses tells God that it is too much, it is cruel, and he wants nothing to do with any of this anymore. THEN God kills all the first born.
  • Aaron Paul as Joshua had less to do than Aaron Paul as Jesse in the last few episodes of Breaking Bad. All Josh did for the whole movie was stare at stuff in anger/fear. He has absolutely no impact on the story whatsoever and only a handful of lines.
  • Aaron's significance isn't mentioned at all besides being Moseseseses' brother.
  • The 10 Commandments are chiseled by Moses instead of being inscribed by the finger of God.
  • At no point does Moses have a rod. The story with changing the rod to a snake and back never happens.

Basically, God comes off even WORSE in the movie than he does in the book, which is pretty crazy. At first, God being portrayed as a little boy was a big WTF moment. But then it made perfect sense. Of COURSE God is a shitheel 8 year old boy who is mean and cruel. That makes the most sense in the world to me. What made a little less sense is that Moses only saw him after a brain injury. The greatest Jew to ever live didn't buy into any of this shit until he got his brain scrambled and started hallucinating.

It's a movie where if you know the source material, you'll have a LOT of "That's not how the book goes". If you don't know the source material, you'll be completely lost. All the symbolism is lost on you and the over all story is weird and dumb without the context of the book anyway. A big example is towards the end, Moses is at the top of Mt. Sinai. The camera pans and sees the Jews dicking around with a giant golden calf. Little God just shakes his head at Moses. The next scene has Moses chiseling away. If you didn't know the story, you'd have NO idea why Little Bill gave that look. If you do know the story, you should still be pissed that God punished the Jews for breaking a law that he hadn't created yet. But that punishment isn't mentioned. The next scene has Moses looking old as shit in a wagon with the commandments. If you don't know the story, you'd probably be pretty confused as to why they were still traveling since they were pretty close to the Promised Land what appears to be about 40 years earlier.

So those are the issues with the story. There are other issues:

• Horrible continuity on beards and hair
  • Christian Bale's accent changes from scene to scene, sometime within a scene. He goes from his natural accent to his American accent to what sounds like an Australian accent to Batman voice. Frequently.
  • A lot of really odd lines, made weirder by delivery. Everything looks and sounds like the first take was the only take.
  • Strange lingering shots that look like someone forgot to edit 2-3 seconds earlier.
  • A few shots of EXTREMELY dodgy CGI/green screening, especially during the Red Sea scene.
  • There are like...2 people in the whole movie who look like they could be of Egyptian descent.
  • Moses somehow got dirtier living in a town than wandering the desert. He also was dirtier after being in the sea than he was wandering the desert.
  • One of the regents seems to be a campy gay man for some reason and appears to offer sexual favors to Moses.

So basically what I'm saying is it sucked. It seemed like it was going to be REALLY bad for the first 15 minutes or so, but then it leveled out into boring for most of the movie. I'm pretty sure Ridley was on wine patrol for the entire shoot. Seems like no effort was put into actual directing at all.
Thanks for the spoilers, trash. I was planning on reading the Torah and converting to Judaism but now that I can't go into it fresh, why bother.

miserable

So when did Cena become No1 contender again?
am i to assume that whenever he doesn't have the belt , by default he is the no1 contender, no matter what?

strobogo

Banned
Thanks for the spoilers, trash. I was planning on reading the Torah and converting to Judaism but now that I can't go into it fresh, why bother.

תמצוץ את הזין שלי

So when did Cena become No1 contender again?
am i to assume that whenever he doesn't have the belt , by default he is the no1 contender, no matter what?

The HIAC with Orton was a number one contender match for no reason.

So basically Ridley Scott needs to fucking retire.

Maybe. It sure seemed like the director was absent for most of the movie.

UberTag

Is it wrong or me to want the Rhodes brothers to pay a visit to NXT so I can witness the spectacle that is Finn Balor vs. Stardust?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is it wrong or me to want the Rhodes brothers to pay a visit to NXT so I can witness the spectacle that is Finn Balor vs. Stardust?

I've been behind Goldust going to NXT briefly just because he'd probably put on several MOTY quality bouts there.

strobogo

Banned
Did you see Prometheus? If you have I'm just wondering how it compares to.

how does he keep getting money tho

Yes. And I've seen the behind the scenes documentary on Prometheus. It felt like Ridley gave even less of a shit about this in every respect. It is full of bizarre lines, bizarre deliveries, shots that last too long for no reason. It doesn't really even have the great visual style you'd expect from Ridley. Dracula Untold and Hercules had cooler looking shots. It feels half assed from start to finish and I can only assume it is because Ridley did the movie strictly for the wine. And drank the wine all day during every scene. And during editing.

My friend gets free movies and I get to tag along. I wouldn't have paid for 90% of the movies I've seen in theaters this year. I wouldn't Redbox 90% of the movies I've seen in theaters this year. I wouldn't illegally download 90% of the movies I've seen in theaters this year like bean breath would.

Top Bottom