• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
corbin. It's like his entire body is riddled with default caw tattoos.

Best thing I have read all day. Corbin has the attire of early 90's Wal mart clearance racks for sure and Dempsey looks like the fat drunk at the bar who has maybe done a tough man contest. As for the tattoos Graves always looked like he was trying his ass off to out punk Punk.

Mengetsu

Backstage Talk on WWE's Main Roster Being Frustrated After NXT Takeover: R Evolution

There is said to be a lot of frustration on WWE's main roster after Thursday's NXT Takeover: R Evolution event.

There's a feeling on the main roster that the NXT Superstars and Divas aren't making WWE money but the main roster is and the NXT talents aren't any better in the ring than the main roster stars but the NXT crew is having better matches because they're getting better opportunities as far as in-ring work and creative goes.

gw6itmy.gif

strobogo

Banned
Also helps that NXT doesn't have dunns shifty fucking camera work making you want the throw up.

Idk, a lot of the camera work was terrible on REvolution. Especially during Kenta/Devitt vs Ascension. There were cuts every 3-6 seconds for the entire match.

RP912

Banned
Best thing I have read all day. Corbin has the attire of early 90's Wal mart clearance racks for sure and Dempsey looks like the fat drunk at the bar who has maybe done a tough man contest. As for the tattoos Graves always looked like he was trying his ass off to out punk Punk.

Graves will always be a dollar store knockoff of CM Punk to me. He was alright as a wrestler, but his whole "stay down" "I'm taking over NXT" gimmick would have been squashed the moment he ended up being called up to Raw. He just doesn't have that "it" factor and apparently he works well as a commentator tbh. Corbin reminds me of Tyler Durden...I wish he had that gimmick instead of the whole tired "emotionless" squashing gimmick.

RP912

Banned
Also helps that NXT doesn't have dunns shifty fucking camera work making you want the throw up.

The roster can come abroad the Full Sail boat as well. There's enough room for everybody :D. NXT is what happens when WWE is run by bookers with a wrestling background, fans that give a fuck, and wrestlers that don't mind to show off their worth in the ring. Also, when wrestlers can have a set schedule with GASPS...days off!

Ithil

I went to see Exodus: Moses's Totally Bogus Adventure

So basically what I'm saying is it sucked. It seemed like it was going to be REALLY bad for the first 15 minutes or so, but then it leveled out into boring for most of the movie. I'm pretty sure Ridley was on wine patrol for the entire shoot. Seems like no effort was put into actual directing at all.

So basically watch this one?

Prince_of_egypt_ver2.jpg

XenoRaven

I have a fun image in my head of Kofi and Miz watching a Sami Zayn match and complaining to each other about how he's just booked better.

RP912

Banned
I'm still trying to figure out what match is going to be motn to top NXT R evolution. You know two of those milennials will try to kill each other to compete with at least a corbin squash match..

Nigel McGuinness has a new kickstarter project, LA Fights;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nigelmcguinness/la-fights/

"A diverse group of amateur fighters and their morally ambivalent promoter struggle to coexist in their upstart fight league."

He's asking for $370k to fund 6 professionally shot episodes, sounds like Lucha Underground but with shootstyle wrestling and more script.

He always comes off like a conman to me. Whatever happened to that kickstarted documentary?

Sephzilla

No way the WWE roster is as talented as the NXT roster. From top to bottom the NXT roster is better than the main roster. NXTs low points are still higher than WWEs. I'd rather watch Mojo and Bull matches than Big Show, Kane, or any Diva match. The only WWE match that has hit NXT level of good this year was Bryan vs HHH (ironically enough)

The WWE roster is as talented as the NXT roster, and in some cases moreso but they are not allowed to showcase because of booking. I thought that was pretty obvious.

Sephzilla

The WWE roster is as talented as the NXT roster, and in some cases moreso but they are not allowed to showcase because of booking. I thought that was pretty obvious.
Most of the really talented people on the main roster at this point are NXT alums. The only people that aren't are Ziggler, Orton, Sandow, and maybe Cena

Kaladin

Wyatt vs Ambrose is going to deliver tonight, right?

I mean....the rest of the show looks like shit, but that match seems like it should deliver this time....right, guys? RIGHT?

RP912

Banned
Wyatt vs Ambrose is going to deliver tonight, right?

I mean....the rest of the show looks like shit, but that match seems like it should deliver this time....right, guys? RIGHT?

The ladder match with Harper/Ziggly got my vote. Ambrose/Wyatt looks like a potential match that will be lukewarm in the end. I'm sorry but that NXT event really killed my care for the TLCS ppv tonight....

Sephzilla

The ladder match with Harper/Ziggly got my vote. Ambrose/Wyatt looks like a potential match that will be lukewarm in the end. I'm sorry but that NXT event really killed my care for the TLCS ppv tonight....
Yeah same here. My friends want to get together tonight to watch TLC. I'm trying to talk them into watching REvolution instead

Kaladin

Forgot about that....

okay, so it's a two match show.

Zach

Should I watch the TLC thing tonight? I kinda don't want to. The NXT event was soooo good so I could see one of two things happening: 1) it sucks in comparison or 2) dudes step it up because they don't want to be outdone by their kid brother.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Should I watch the TLC thing tonight? I kinda don't want to. The NXT event was soooo good so I could see one of two things happening: 1) it sucks in comparison or 2) dudes step it up because they don't want to be outdone by their kid brother.
You can polish a turd, but it's still crap.

Great roster can't fix terrible booking.

DMczaf

Spoiler: It will not be an A.

RP912

Banned

the first scenario is accurate and I'm pretty much in the same boat. Hell the damn Cage of Death main event alone killed the appeal of TLC for me.....friggin CZW out of all promotions.

I'm contemplating on continuing my Diablo 3 addiction or just suffering with wrestlegaf to watch TLCS.

Fox318

Shake the camera more.
MORE SHAKIN
SHAKE IT SHAKE IT SHAKE IT

SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE IT FFS SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

Ok Zoom in

ZOOM AND SHAKE!!!!

360noscopezoomheadshotffs
Unless you have complete protection (Cena, Reigns, Rusev) you will never get over with that camera work.

Kaladin

I've always felt like TLC as a PPV has a chance to deliver random greatness because TLC matches alone are awesome, but when they throw in Tables Matches, Chairs Matches and Stairs Matches, then it becomes meh. I hope I can be proven wrong.

Vylash

WWE TLC Match Card

jba5G9H2yiAxGO.jpg

Pre show: The New Day vs Gold & Stardust

jXyGZso5h3nLb.jpg

Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match: Luke Harper vs Dolph Ziggler

jVhN96j6jEv9H.jpg

World Tag Team Championships: The Miz & Damien Mizdow vs The Usos

jH9JjCKXWTAyW.jpg

Chairs Match: Ryback vs Kane

jbj0Ib8HmYxuFy.jpg

Steel Stairs Match: Erick Rowan vs Big Show

j96Z9ZcAXpU2B.jpg

Divas Championship: Nikki Bella vs AJ Lee

jb0KlEQCES10vE.jpg

United States Championship: Rusev vs Jack Swagger

jKSUVOgne0GPN.jpg

TLC Match: Dean Ambrose vs Bray Wyatt

j6UHqY3Ps2AIT.jpg

Tables Match: John Cena vs Seth Rollins

RP912

Banned
TLC 2011 and 12 were amazing. It felt like the Wrestlemania for smarks. I seriously don't know about this one with a catchphrase like "demolitian derby" and adding a damn stairs match to the stipulation. This company forever shitting on bad ideas from WCW, but they kicking the shitty stipulations and booking into overdrive on a fast lane.

Top Bottom