• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

RP912

Banned
XapPQ.gif

AJ looks so...whats the word...lack of brass ring in this gif...

tm24

Via reddit :

All WWE talent and producers and TV production people are currently all set for WWE TLC tonight in Cleveland.

I'm told tensions are at a fever pitch and have been all day. Many guys on the card tonight want to go out of their way to be the match of the night. The feeling is that a small company rivalry has started between the main roster and the NXT roster. Many agree that is good for all sides involved.

What is usually a lighter atmosphere many hours before doors open is not the case today. I'm told that it is very quiet backstage and that talent is very focused on the show tonight. They know the NXT show is going to be considered "show of the year" among many and they want this TLC show to rival or top it.

Many of the main matches have already been rehearsed. There was a giant black curtain covering the ringside area so nobody outside of the main players know what is going to happen tonight.

We all saw how NxT affected the last show

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Via reddit :

All WWE talent and producers and TV production people are currently all set for WWE TLC tonight in Cleveland.

I'm told tensions are at a fever pitch and have been all day. Many guys on the card tonight want to go out of their way to be the match of the night. The feeling is that a small company rivalry has started between the main roster and the NXT roster. Many agree that is good for all sides involved.

What is usually a lighter atmosphere many hours before doors open is not the case today. I'm told that it is very quiet backstage and that talent is very focused on the show tonight. They know the NXT show is going to be considered "show of the year" among many and they want this TLC show to rival or top it.

Many of the main matches have already been rehearsed. There was a giant black curtain covering the ringside area so nobody outside of the main players know what is going to happen tonight.
I hope they succeed, I really really do, but I don't have any faith in the booking. Just make the matches as fun as possible and prove that it's the writers' fault that the show sucks, not you.

Xater

Via reddit :

I don't believe they can do it and even if this turns out well everything after it will most likely be shit again.

DMczaf

Via reddit :

tumblr_n3o68oEzCs1qaa8d1o3_500.gif

Fox318

I don't care how good some of those guys try in 2014 The Big Show and Kane have a featured match.

They changed the title to their event for a match with a fat lazy idiot and somebody whose central character is that he is a vintner.

Also the "Divas" match will either exploit their gender in a misogynistic manner or be booked as the piss break match for a Cena win.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Via reddit :

Doesn't matter, the whole box of brass rings was stolen by the NXT roster.

Heel

Via reddit :

Did I not read this same exact story after the last NXT show?

Good guy Nagata

One of the thing I pick up is their story in young lion. Goto was once fired by Kengo Kimura due to shoulder injury. Shibata complained NJPW and he let Goto live his house. So they lived together. When they went to restaurant to have dinner, one big Luxury car stopped beside them. He is Yuji Nagata. Nagata asked them "What are you doing?". They said "I am going to have dinner!". Nagata said "OK. you need this". Nagata gave them tens of thousands yen.

somedevil

We all saw how NxT affected the last show

If we are talking match quality that show after NXT had two 4 star matches Sheamus vs Cesaro and Jericho vs Orton. It also had 2 three star matches of Usos vs Dust Brothers and Cena vs Brock.

So wrestling quality wise it did fine.

RP912

Banned
I want to know how NJPW smark marks in Japan feel about NJPW...it would be mind blowing just seeing fans shit on Hiro like fans over here shit on Cena.

strobogo

Banned
I want to know how NJPW smark marks in Japan feel about NJPW...it would be mind blowing just seeing fans shit on Hiro like fans over here shit on Cena.

They do quite often, especially against someone younger and on the way up. They don't go full CENA SUCKS on him, but they do turn on him and he usually leans into it.

So reading those reports that the TLC participants are aiming to steal the show and show those NXT upstarts that they're not so easily bettered and really I can't help but think Rowan and Ryback must be cursing their luck with their opponents.

Alucard

Banned
Sheamus was gearing towards TMF status in 2009...wtf o_0

Totally believe it. A shame his booking/writing has been as bland as a saltless cracker.

Cool that the main roster feels motivated tonight. I wish 'em luck.

Re-watching Adam Cole vs. Jay Briscoe from Final Battle. Time to feel uncomfortable all over again.

DominoKid

Via reddit :

they're so stressed lmao.

Hasney

having to do the job you're paid to do is skressful breh

Anything that has pride about what they do would be stressed after their own companys b-team just outshone them. Wasn't shocked to read that the atmosphere is usually relaxed based on the current product.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Anything that has pride about what they do would be stressed after their own companys b-team just outshone them. Wasn't shocked to read that the atmosphere is usually relaxed based on the current product.
Something something millenials?

Top Bottom