• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Fox318

jH9JjCKXWTAyW.jpg

Fuck, this is seriously a thing?
Dumb as fuck vs old as fuck

Has the Chairs match ever NOT been the worst match of the card ever since they started doing them?

Its just the shitty match where old broken guys like Kane, Mark Henry and the Big Show go.

strobogo

Banned
A lot of xism in here towards the women wrestlers. They work hard to improve and it shows in the ring and people compare them to bowel movements. It's no wonder Queen of Thorns bailed from this cis cesspool.

I feel bad for Rowan, everyone wants to outdo NXT and he has Big Show for an opponent.

He should just do what Brock Lesnar did to Show at the Rumble, it would be better than any match.

Brie's music sounds exactly like the crap my scumbag drug dealing neighbour starts playing out of his loud as fuck stereo every sunday at around noon

Spike's final goodbye to TNA:

--According to the schedule on Comcast, TNA is being moved to 11 p.m. to 1 a.m. this coming Wednesday, 12/17, with no notice at all. They do better in prime time with Cops reruns than with the Best of shows. On 12/24, which is the final TNA show on Spike, it will air from midnight to 2 a.m. late Wednesday.

I've not been watching Raw/Smackdown recently. Cena loses his #1 Contender status if Rollins beats him, right? Does Rollins lose the briefcase if #CenaWinsLOL?

somedevil

How did things get so bad for TNA, I was really into their shows at one point (more so than WWE programming).

Two words started the decline in 2006. Vince Russo. He came back and then the bad booking started. Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle had a great 1st match but then by the third they were fighting because Kurt put an Ankle lock on Joe's girlfriend.

Omega

Banned
Via reddit :

All WWE talent and producers and TV production people are currently all set for WWE TLC tonight in Cleveland.

I'm told tensions are at a fever pitch and have been all day. Many guys on the card tonight want to go out of their way to be the match of the night. The feeling is that a small company rivalry has started between the main roster and the NXT roster. Many agree that is good for all sides involved.

What is usually a lighter atmosphere many hours before doors open is not the case today. I'm told that it is very quiet backstage and that talent is very focused on the show tonight. They know the NXT show is going to be considered "show of the year" among many and they want this TLC show to rival or top it.

Many of the main matches have already been rehearsed. There was a giant black curtain covering the ringside area so nobody outside of the main players know what is going to happen tonight.

What made NXT special was that you cared about them and for the most part wasn't just "shit, we need to fill out the card, pick two names out of a hat and put em in a match"

CJ Parker is your go to squash guy. Made sense to put him against Owens. That Corbin match was purely to build between a Corbin/Dempsey match. The Sami story had long slow build to it. Charlotte vs The Boss. All likable people that had purposeful matches.

On top of that, they performed. [R]evolution may not have been show of the year without those performances, but it still would have been good since you're invested into the characters.

Meanwhile I still have no idea why Nikki won the belt in 10 seconds last ppv. Why I should care about Cena "losing" his #1 contender status. Hell, I don't even know why any of these matches are happening. Every match could be better than the NXT matches but I still won't care, because I don't care about any of the performers.

Vylash

i'd like to point out that the stipulation for Nikki vs Brie at Hell In A Cell dictates that Brie had to become Nikki's servant for 30 days, it's been longer than 30 days since then, and Brie is still with her without even the slightest semblance of an explanation

Xater

Two words started the decline in 2006. Vince Russo. He came back and then the bad booking started. Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle had a great 1st match but then by the third they were fighting because Kurt put an Ankle lock on Joe's girlfriend.

Yeah I remember being into TNA, but that changed some times during 06. Got so bad they lost me completely.

Fox318

i'd like to point out that the stipulation for Nikki vs Brie at Hell In A Cell dictates that Brie had to become Nikki's servant for 30 days, it's been longer than 30 days since then, and Brie is still with her without even the slightest semblance of an explanation

Its called "who cares whatever fuck you" creative

Also isn't it odd that the top two heel Divas are marketed as being with the top two babyfaces?

Normally I wouldn't care but the show that they care about the most (Total Divas) is marketed around that.

Sokantish

I think it's because Brie is a bad guy now until Bryan comes back? or maybe it's all a big trick so she can betray her sister tonight or you know... next month. Something, I dunno

Raw64life

Brie turned heel and joined Nikki. It was done with no explanation at all and when it happened, even the commentators didn't seem to know what was going on.

Fox318

Brie turned heel and joined Nikki. It was done with no explanation at all and when it happened, even the commentators didn't seem to know what was going on.

THIS IS SOME WORLD QUALITY ENTERTAINMENT MAGGLE

THAT'S RIGHT JBL DID YOU KNOW THAT THE WWE AND VINCE ARE GENIUSES AT BUSINESS. VINCE IS SO SMART ITS WHY HIS FATHER NEVER LOVED HIM

Top Bottom