• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Vylash

Via reddit :

All WWE talent and producers and TV production people are currently all set for WWE TLC tonight in Cleveland.

I'm told tensions are at a fever pitch and have been all day. Many guys on the card tonight want to go out of their way to be the match of the night. The feeling is that a small company rivalry has started between the main roster and the NXT roster. Many agree that is good for all sides involved.

What is usually a lighter atmosphere many hours before doors open is not the case today. I'm told that it is very quiet backstage and that talent is very focused on the show tonight. They know the NXT show is going to be considered "show of the year" among many and they want this TLC show to rival or top it.

Many of the main matches have already been rehearsed. There was a giant black curtain covering the ringside area so nobody outside of the main players know what is going to happen tonight.

sure thing, nerds

Alucard

Banned
Anything that has pride about what they do would be stressed after their own companys b-team just outshone them. Wasn't shocked to read that the atmosphere is usually relaxed based on the current product.

Something something millenials?

The fact that it's usually relaxed and laid back speaks volumes. They should be engaged, passionate, and serious about what they're going to do before a PPV.

That reddit story also sounds like carny advertising to generate last second PPV buys.

Xater

So reading those reports that the TLC participants are aiming to steal the show and show those NXT upstarts that they're not so easily bettered and really I can't help but think Rowan and Ryback must be cursing their luck with their opponents.

Yep, it would take a miracle for the matches of those two guys to turn out good. Also the Divas match will suck because a Bella is involved.

DMczaf

Just let cena hit his shifty punches and sell his brightly colored shirts to his trailer park market.

Ieu2x.gif

Ithil

Via reddit :

All WWE talent and producers and TV production people are currently all set for WWE TLC tonight in Cleveland.

I'm told tensions are at a fever pitch and have been all day. Many guys on the card tonight want to go out of their way to be the match of the night. The feeling is that a small company rivalry has started between the main roster and the NXT roster. Many agree that is good for all sides involved.

What is usually a lighter atmosphere many hours before doors open is not the case today. I'm told that it is very quiet backstage and that talent is very focused on the show tonight. They know the NXT show is going to be considered "show of the year" among many and they want this TLC show to rival or top it.

Many of the main matches have already been rehearsed. There was a giant black curtain covering the ringside area so nobody outside of the main players know what is going to happen tonight.

Pretty much exactly what HHH said he wanted to do with NXT earlier this year, create an artificial "competition" to make guys on both brands work harder to outdo the other.

God, Cleveland sucks. Sucks sucks sucks. Anyone ever spend any significant time there? I have. I dare you to tell me any different. Cleveland suck sucks sucks.

I have family that lives there. It's a truly miserable place. But it has the Rock and Roll hall of fame.

You also can't set the lake on fire anymore.

Fox318

Pretty much exactly what HHH said he wanted to do with NXT earlier this year, create an artificial "competition" to make guys on both brands work harder to outdo the other.
That only works if guys are compensated on their work and rewarded for that.

Khali was making more than most of the roster just for his ethnicity meanwhile other guys are punished for it.

Fox318

Yes. Certainly better than AJ.
I think the Bellas try to put on a good show.

It's so hard to tell since nobody cares about their booking. Wrestling observer reported that only one match that involved "Divas" went more than 10 minutes.

And that one just happened to involve the bosses daughter in a pointless squash match.

Alucard

Banned
Watching "The Best of TNA 2014." Sooooo weird seeing AJ Styles confronting Magnus. @_@ Re-watching that godawful match that AJ wrestled before leaving TNA.

strobogo

Banned
That's hilarious.

It's absolutely accurate. Both Bellas have put a ton of work in, while AJ (who really wasn't good at anything before hand) has regressed on every level. The Bellas are completely competent wrestlers with styles that match them and both know how to run the ropes.

RBH

20141203_LIGHT_TLC2014_MATCH_HOMEPAGE_AbroseWyatt

Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt (TLC match)

20141203_LIGHT_TLC2014_MATCH_HOMEPAGE_CenaRollins.jpg

John Cena vs. Seth Rollins (Tables match)

fds.jpg

Luke Harper vs. Dolph Ziggler (Ladder match for the Intercontinental Title)

20141203_LIGHT_TLC2014_MATCH_HOMEPAGE_RybackKane.jpg

Ryback vs. Kane (Chairs match)

bbbbbbbb.jpg

Erick Rowan vs. Big Show (Steel Stairs match)

20141203_LIGHT_TLC2014_MATCH_HOMEPAGE_Tag.jpg

The Miz and Damien Mizdow vs. The Usos (WWE Tag-Team Title Match)

20141123_LIGHT_TLC2014_MATCH_HOMEPAGE_rusevswagger-sponsor.jpg

Rusev vs. Jack Swagger (United States Title Match)

rrr.jpg

Nikki Bella vs. AJ Lee (Divas Title Match)

20141123208_LIGHT_TLC2014_HOMEPAGE_kickoff.jpg

The New Day vs. Stardust and Goldust (Pre-Show match)

Hasney

Watching "The Best of TNA 2014." Sooooo weird seeing AJ Styles confronting Magnus. @_@ Re-watching that godawful match that AJ wrestled before leaving TNA.

Before hitting a few MOTY contenders out of the park in the G1. Think he must have been so pissed off with how he was leaving TNA.

Alucard

Banned
PS Sounds like Nikki's doing more for the Divas title than Paige and AJ did over the past few months. Just weird.

PPS Paige's character writing and booking has been hoooorseshit.

It's absolutely accurate. Both Bellas have put a ton of work in, while AJ (who really wasn't good at anything before hand) has regressed on every level. The Bellas are completely competent wrestlers with styles that match them and both know how to run the ropes.

So many gifs I would post if I knew how to or even had them...

Alucard

Banned
it was amazing, it was so stupid that i can't help but love it, magnus didn't even do anything! it was ALL run ins!

I remember that episode receiving a pretty big ratings pop, too. Man...AJ left at a really good time. TNA needed to hit the refresh button, and I'm not sure if they would've done that if AJ and Kaz and Daniels had stuck around.

Kaladin

I love how Kane has a look of "Really?" on that poster.

And can someone explain what the hell a stairs match is supposed to be?

Steel Stairs are legal as a weapon and
Big Show will likely bring out a super sized stair to match the super sized chair from the past.

Top Bottom