• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Alucard

Banned
Strange ending to the PPV, but Im ok with it even though it reminded me of a cheesy WCW finish. Booking the ending to that match was tough and ending it with something strange was about the only option. Wyatt and Ambrose couldnt stand to lose cleanly, lose to outside interference, get knocked out, or look weak. Both guys especially Wyatt couldnt stand to lose or get beat down and look soft in another PPV. Neither guy looks bad with that finish and it doesnt hurt the momentum they are trying to build for them.

Is Cesaro hurt? Would rather watch Cesaro than the same Rusev match. Seems like every Rusev match is exactly the same except what Lana is wearing.The Rusev vs Swagger was horrible and pointless. The match should have been on Smackdown. It was the same old crap with Rusev. Curious who they are going to have him lose his first match to. Are they setting up a feud between Rusev and Ryback ?

The going smark theory is that Rusev will lose to Cena at Wrestlemania.

Alucard

Banned
Meng is not white. More of Pepsi's 'everyone who isn't black is a honky' racism

CapriceColemanCreepyEyes.gif

Carnby

That's two incredibly stupid PPV finishes for Dean Ambrose. Both times involved Bray. I don't think it's a coincidence. Bray is the modern day Dungeon of Doom.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait what is this hologram smoke monster?

I didnt catch the first bray vs dean match o_O

Bowser

I really think Bray needs a character overhaul. The only thing legit about it is the entrance with the crowd participation. Every one of his PPV matches ends in some fucking lame ass 1995 hokey shit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dean Ambrose is a Crash Holly type, right? Like he's a goofy comedy wrestler who just brawls and pops out of whacky boxes? I'm just making sure that I'm not supposed to take him seriously.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The main event of HIAC was Seth/Dean, and it ended with Bray attacking Dean after a smoke-emitting hologram appeared in the middle of the ring.

is there a gif or a video of this? :O

I really think Bray needs a character overhaul. The only thing legit about it is the entrance with the crowd participation. Every one of his PPV matches ends in some fucking lame ass 1995 hokey shit.

Bray should have been the new undertaker, and his stable should have grown over time, not desintegrated. His character is pointless without his flock/brood/whatever you want to call them

Carnby

Dean Ambrose is a Crash Holly type, right? Like he's a goofy comedy wrestler who just brawls and pops out of whacky boxes? I'm just making sure that I'm not supposed to take him seriously.

Dean Ambrose selling more merchandise than Cena over Black Friday weekend says yes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

That's honestly a good person for him to lose to. Keeps Cenar away from the main event and the match will likely be pretty dope. AA from getting up from the accolade or some shit. USA chants. Pyro. A big ass flag.

It's what happens after that is worrysome.

Anth0ny

why didn't dean ambrose tell vince that finish was dumb as fuck and demand it be changed?

fucking millennials. these kids have no initiative.

That's honestly a good person for him to lose to. Keeps Cenar away from the main event and the match will likely be pretty dope. AA from getting up from the accolade or some shit. USA chants. Pyro. A big ass flag.

They should have a segment where zeb finds a down on his luck Cesaro in some dive bar and conceives him to give the real Americans one more try.

Cesaro vs RUSEV

Dope match Cesaro wins puts both guys over.

Big reset switch for cesaro

Bowser

Rusev will meander in the mid-card post-WM31 before being future endeavoured.

You know instead of a random exploding TV how about Bray Wyatt uses his supernatural powers to throw a fucking fireball at Dean? That would still be ridiculous but it'd do more for Wyatt than Ambrose being defeated by a random ass TV.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rusev is going to lose, and he's going to lose all the luster. Wrasslegaf will turn on him because there's no one worth beating his streak, and someone higher up like Cena wouldn't gain anything from it. And Creative can't write an interesting story to make someone look worthy of that accomplishment.

Because let's be real here folks, Rusev's overness is a fluke. The gimmick is so basic that I doubt WWE ever thought it would have gotten as far as it would, but they underestimate how simple minded wrestling folk hate the god damn foreigners.

PInk Tape

Banned
That finish was dumb as hell. Poor Ambrose-sama :(
I passed out around the start of the Nikki/AJ match and woke up occasionally to sounds of the Dean/Bray fight. How was the PPV?

I guess we had the same idea :s (I fell asleep during the Cena/Rollins match and woke up during Swagger/Rusev.)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Whenever I get down on a WWE PPV I turn to Midnight WrassleGAF

Have fun friends

tumblr_ngb5oq3EWw1r971nbo3_1280.png

tumblr_na5xpmceW41qaqv3qo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5j7xpxM8v1txwnjvo1_1280.jpg

Also, Bray is such a fucking chump in all of his matches. Can't believe they're allegedly grooming him for a Taker and then book this shit tonight.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Rusev is going to lose, and he's going to lose all the luster. Wrasslegaf will turn on him because there's no one worth beating his streak, and someone higher up like Cena wouldn't gain anything from it. And Creative can't write an interesting story to make someone look worthy of that accomplishment.

Because let's be real here folks, Rusev's overness is a fluke. The gimmick is so basic that I doubt WWE ever thought it would have gotten as far as it would, but they underestimate how simple minded wrestling folk hate the god damn foreigners.

World Cup and Olympics teaches us every even year that all the world's people hate foreigners. Especially Russians.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

His overness to others may be tied to the gimmick but I genuinely enjoy watching him work. Rusev crush all the way to Mania.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
His overness to others may be tied to the gimmick but I genuinely enjoy watching him work. Rusev crush all the way to Mania.

He's as far as I can tell the best big man seller ever. Dude remembers what was worked over and sells it believably every single time. He's also one of those freaks like Angle or Brock who really picked up pro wrasslin fast.

gurudyne

Once Rusev loses, his push'll be over as it always is with unbeatable monsters. I have faith he'll bounce back up the card in time. He's got the skills for it and a damned good look.

And is there a link between Zayn and Cyclops that I'm missing, or is that just a random pairing for the sake of itself?

Top Bottom