• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, legit question: I want to get into alternative wrestling, but I have no clue how to do so.
I plan on buying Wrestlekingdom, but that's all I know.

What else should I do?

Go to Dailymotion and watch anything there. What kind of 'alternative' are you looking for? Dailymotion's got the hookup. Then if you fall in love with NJPW, you subscribe to their network.

Fox318

5kE4u9I.gif

ALL THE SUCKERS WILL FALL FOR THIS

Is there any way to cue up the on demand version of the ppv right now? I had to leave midway through and I can't bear the thought of watching the stairs match again. Haven't figured out a thing to select on the menu that lets me get past the live repeat.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't have a problem with the exploding TV in itself.....the spot was fine. It was your typical "wrestler goes too crazy and it backfires on him" spot. It's how they ended the match. Those matches have a flow, they build and build and build to an insane finale that makes you believe the guy who lost is dead. The TV backfiring in Dean's face leading to a weak Sister Abigail finish was flat. It did nothing to help the match in the eyes of anyone watching it or the PPV. Common booking sense would tell you that when you have a PPV that doesn't look great on paper, you don't end it with a flat finish.

I would have had Dean get blinded by the TV, kick out and continue the fight with lead up to one more crazy spot. Never end your PPVs on a flat finish like that, especially when there is no point behind it.

They're trying to have it both ways by keeping the feuds in a holding pattern but giving new finishes. However almost none of these feuds have any reason to be going on because creative sucks.

I normally hate fantasy booking but here's a much better lineup that uses all of the stips and opponents tonight, just rearranged.

Cenar/Big Show in a Stairs Match.
Harper/Rowan TLC Match for IC belt.
Rollins/Ziggler Ladder Match for the Money in the Bank Contract
Swagger/Russev in a Tables Match
The New Day/Usos/Dust Brothers/Miz+Mizdow
Kane and Ryback on the Pre Show in a Chairs Match
AJ/Nikki Bella

RP912

Banned
Wait.....I just want to know something...

So cena get's ko'ed by Big Show, Big Show feuds with Erik Rowan, and Cena goes back to feuding with Rollins?

I just don't understand this company 0_o

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any way to cue up the on demand version of the ppv right now? I had to leave midway through and I can't bear the thought of watching the stairs match again. Haven't figured out a thing to select on the menu that lets me get past the live repeat.

You may need to go to Schedule then the first airing and tell that to play. Maybe. I don't want you watching that Stairs match again either.

Alucard

Banned
Okay, legit question: I want to get into alternative wrestling, but I have no clue how to do so.
I plan on buying Wrestlekingdom, but that's all I know.

What else should I do?

Lots of options out there right now, but I'll give you one.

Ring of Honor
You can watch their 1-hour weekly show for free on their website every Friday @ http://rohwrestling.com/tv/current

They also have on-demand replays of their major shows available for about $15 a pop if you like what you see on the TV episodes.

So stro, any of those matches in MOTY contention? How about event of the year?

5kE4u9I.gif

ALL THE SUCKERS WILL FALL FOR THIS
This is a fucking joke right?

I kinda wonder if Paul Heyman got shit for talking over Renee on that last segment with the panel....when they cut back to them, he kinda had a sour look on his face and only got that last sentence in. I feel like he was told he was done for the night.
Pretty sure he gets on really well with Renee, the Heyman doco talks about how he helps her out with the on screen stuff and she talks about how she has learnt so much riffing with him.

Ouch :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wait.....I just want to know something...

So cena get's ko'ed by Big Show, Big Show feuds with Erik Rowan, and Cena goes back to feuding with Rollins?

I just don't understand this company 0_o

They missed a golden opportunity here for a logical way to do a stairs match with the one man who could pull it off. Captain Stair Toss himself, Jahn Cenar. Would have been logical too. But noo.

Cena and Rollins fight on the outside of the apron and then both fall through the tables at ringside at 18:13 and the bell is called.

They announce they are re-starting the match.

Cena puts Rollins onto the announce desk but it doesn’t break.

Big Show comes down to the ring and attacks Cena, he grabs him by the throat and Roman Reigns’ music hits, he hits a superman punch to Show and spears him through the table followed by a superman punch to Rollins and Cena putting Rollins through a table with an AA at the 21:25 mark.

So wash this backLash 2000 levels of epic

Kaladin

Pretty sure he gets on really well with Renee, the Heyman doco talks about how he helps her out with the on screen stuff and she talks about how she has learnt so much riffing with him.

It just seemed like they cut away from the panel so quickly and when they cut back Heyman had a sour look on his face, like he had been scolded or something.

RP912

Banned
They missed a golden opportunity here for a logical way to do a stairs match with the one man who could pull it off. Captain Stair Toss himself, Jahn Cenar. Would have been logical too. But noo.

You would think that match would happen for Cena to do a dope stair spot to big show....but seriously :/

What this seth/cena match gain besides a match nobody asked for and a hot up and coming wrestler being stuck back in limbo...

You would think that match would happen for Cena to do a dope stair spot to big show....but seriously :/

What this seth/cena match gain besides a match nobody asked for and a hot up and coming wrestler being stuck back in limbo...

Seth/cena sounds like TNA levels of over booking

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
not really all that insulting. it's coming from a guy that isn't in wwe anymore and has probably been forgotten by the entire crowd. he has the same gimmick as adam rose as well.

Sure, but if anybody on the WWE creative team were among the 18 people that saw Johnny Mundo's last match, they could have stolen the ending and improved any of tonight's finishes.

It just seemed like they cut away from the panel so quickly and when they cut back Heyman had a sour look on his face, like he had been scolded or something.

It's possible he overstepped the mark, could have also been shitty they had to cut away from their post-show for a stupid moment for the commentary team when their post-show time had already been dwindled to almost nothing. Means all the material they wanted to do in the post-show to hype Raw and the next PPV were wasted and any kind of momentum they could build for the WWE didn't happen.

Stupid WWE as usual.

You may need to go to Schedule then the first airing and tell that to play. Maybe. I don't want you watching that Stairs match again either.
From my phone I was able to but the Xbox schedule doesn't list te full day. I checked again and they have it loaded to the old PPV menu now. Crisis averted.

Alucard

Banned
not really all that insulting. it's coming from a guy that isn't in wwe anymore and has probably been forgotten by the entire crowd. he has the same gimmick as adam rose as well.

Johnny Mundo is nothing like Adam Rose. For one, he's not a comedy character. Secondly, his gimmick is that he's a Hollywood playboy and superstar with a penchant for kicking ass and parkour. And he's in Lucha Underground to prove he's the best in the world. Nothing like Adam Rose.

Johnny Mundo is nothing like Adam Rose. For one, he's not a comedy character. Secondly, his gimmick is that he's a Hollywood playboy and superstar with a penchant for kicking ass and parkour. And he's in Lucha Underground to prove he's the best in the world. Nothing like Adam Rose.

Yeah they seem to bring up his parkour stuff at least once a match and it usually features in once a match.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I passed out around the start of the Nikki/AJ match and woke up occasionally to sounds of the Dean/Bray fight. How was the PPV?

Zertez

Strange ending to the PPV, but Im ok with it even though it reminded me of a cheesy WCW finish. Booking the ending to that match was tough and ending it with something strange was about the only option. Wyatt and Ambrose couldnt stand to lose cleanly, lose to outside interference, get knocked out, or look weak. Both guys especially Wyatt couldnt stand to lose or get beat down and look soft in another PPV. Neither guy looks bad with that finish and it doesnt hurt the momentum they are trying to build for them.

Is Cesaro hurt? Would rather watch Cesaro than the same Rusev match. Seems like every Rusev match is exactly the same except what Lana is wearing.The Rusev vs Swagger was horrible and pointless. The match should have been on Smackdown. It was the same old crap with Rusev. Curious who they are going to have him lose his first match to. Are they setting up a feud between Rusev and Ryback ?

Top Bottom