• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Agreed. I think they're just too huge and have to produce too much content to make any of it feel truly compelling.

How was the NJPW show? Worth watching all of it, or should I start after the intermission?

8+ hours of TV a week plus a monthly 3+ hour special. A paper thin roster. 50-50 booking. Rewrites. No direction for anyone other than maybe Cena.

It adds up to a product that is the drizzling shits

I'd bet my house that the main event of RAW is a dq finish or a 20 minute talking segment

Alucard

Banned
Start after intermission for sure, nothing really 'must watch' though. The main event was good, but it was still a tag with Captain - best match was probably Makabe & Honma vs Nak & Ishii.

Honma rules.

Agree with Boots, top two matches are worth watching, the rest is okay if you have time to waste, but nothing on the show is must-watch except Makabe & Honma vs Nakamura & Ishii, you can't go wrong there.

Soooooo...we can't complain that NJPW makes its fans sit through filler for two televised events in a row? (Tag Wars and this) Sounds like WWE fare.

Xater

8+ hours of TV a week plus a monthly 3+ hour special. A paper thin roster. 50-50 booking. Rewrites. No direction for anyone other than maybe Cena.

I'd bet my house that the main event of RAW is a dq finish or a 20 minute talking segment

We get the talking at the beginning.

Alucard

Banned

Glad I only caught the last two matches of TLC. And I've been Raw-free for three weeks. Feel much healthier and there's a lot less self loathing for forcing myself to sit through 3 hours and then inevitably asking myself "Why the hell did I do that?"

Alucard

Banned
Seriously though, I invite all of you to be Raw-free for at least two weeks and see how it feels. Bet you'll feel much better, and it's easier to skip than you think. You won't feel like you missed anything.

Aiii

So not worth it
Aside from the post-SS Raw (was hoping for Sting and watched live) I haven't watched Raw in two or three months at least.

There's too much actually good wrestling to watch to waste 2,5 hours watching fucking Raw. You could be watching Lucha, ROH, NXT, New Japan, or even a bunch of indies that are all MUCH better than anything main roster WWE does.

WWE has reached WCW 1999 levels of awful this year, and it's all on them. I feel so bad for the talent. Poor Ziggler and Harper nearly killed themselves trying to outperform NXT, but with how WWE is booked, they could never top R Evolution, no chance. Poor guys.

Alucard

Banned
It wasn't on TV - NJPW World was the only place broadcasting today's show, presumably to test out the live streaming before the bigger Korakuen Hall shows on the 19th & 20th, both of which will actually be televised.

All right. I'll just watch the post-intermission stuff unless I have a bunch of extra time tonight...which isn't likely. :)

Gonna watch ROH ep.169 tonight. They're airing their own Tag Wars show. 3 qualifying matches, and the four-way tag main event including reDRagon next week.

Alucard

Banned
I've been RAW free since HIAC. I listen to review a raw and if there is something worth seeing I'll check it out.

This man gets it. A very healthy approach, friend. Listening to the LAW Review-a-Raw is how I basically consume it these days. It's less than 3 hours, I can listen to it on the bus to and from work, and I'm not wasting any precious free time in the evenings watching in the hope of there MAYBE being something good.

Like Aiii said, there's too much other good stuff out there right now to really give a shit about Raw.

-Lucha Underground
-Ring of Honor
-New Japan World
-NXT
-Random indy stuff or other promotions like Dragon Gate, Evolve, PWG, Chikara, AIW, Smash Wrestling, that Euro stuff, etc. And who knows how TNA Impact will be once it returns to television in January?

In 2014, it's easier than ever to find alternatives to the WWE.

Like everyone else I thought the first match was fantastic! Geez it was brutal, but thrilling to watch.

Too bad I watch every week and I know it means shit all, Ziggler is off to job city.

Fox318

v0jt6zk.jpg

Another shot.

Seriously though, I invite all of you to be Raw-free for at least two weeks and see how it feels. Bet you'll feel much better, and it's easier to skip than you think. You won't feel like you missed anything.

I'm thinking about doing the first one after a PPV and the Go home show. I will focus my attention on NXT for now and maybe try Lucha Underground.

I haven't watched a full Raw in about a year, just set that fast forward button and wait for someone I like to pop on the screen. Most of my wrasslin watching consists of Lucha Underground, NXT, ROH and St. Louis Anarchy live events. That opener was the only match that seemed like it belonged on this show, Cena/Rollins had moments and the main was good til the eye rollingly bad finish. Ziggler/Harper felt like a Jung Dragons vs 3 Count match in that it was fun and people were trying and then all downhill from there.

As someone who can't stand Reigns, or more accurately his stupid push to the stars at the cost of everything else.... I think I'm gonna struggle with WWE for a long while. :( My Raws are gonna get even shorter, I basically feel like I fast-forward 3/4 of it as it is.

Can't even look forward to the crowd turning on him as they seem to like his forced as shit too cool for school 'tude. I just can't help but roll my eyes whenever he does a promo.

Cesaro. :'(

After making it all the way to the main event I just couldn't endure any longer and just went to bed, upon watching the main event this morning I'm not quite as down on it as everyone else seemed to be but sweet jesus that ending was bad, just left me staring dumbfounded at the screen. It could've been salvaged ever so slightly if Wyatt baited Ambrose into using the monitor knowing that it would backfire on him, instead Ambrose just looks that much more stupid.
So does Ambrose ever win anything?

As much as I'm not liking the Reigns push I think I'm going to hate when the crowd turns on him even more. The whole thing is going to feel awkward and I don't think he will be able to turn that negative heat into something worthwhile.

I have a feeling the crowd will turn on him sooner than later. Hate Cena all you want but he has the mic skills and can turn any negative heat into something he can have fun with.

Reigns has none of that.

It's a shame, I actually like the guy and think he could have a good run if he wasn't shoved down everyone's throats. I think the push is bad for his career.

Alucard

Banned
As much as I'm not liking the Reigns push I think I'm going to hate when the crowd turns on him even more. The whole thing is going to feel awkward and I don't think he will be able to turn that negative heat into something worthwhile.

I have a feeling the crowd will turn on him sooner than later. Hate Cena all you want but he has the mic skills and can turn any negative heat into something he can have fun with.

Reigns has none of that.

It's a shame, I actually like the guy and think he could have a good run if he wasn't shoved down everyone's throats. I think the push is bad for his career.

Let's not forget his Montreal promo.

*Reigns in the ring amidst "Cena sucks!" chants*

"When Roman Reigns is in the house, you're damn right Cena sucks."

I was there live for that. Pretty good pop and improvising from him, but weird to say that about another babyface.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WrassleGAF Award VOTING is going to kick off sometime today. I'm going to tally nominations and work with each category in depth to provide the best Second Screen Experience - starting NOW.

jred2k

I hope everyone is getting hyped for Cena vs. Lesnar IV, only on the WWE Network.

How come the Anonymous GM on an episode of Raw in early December was able to make a WHC title match for Royal Rumble? Within wrestling logic, couldn't Jericho come out tonight and announce that he has signed himself to a multimillion dollar contract and he's the captain number one contender now?

Each match in the series has gotten gradually worse so boy am I pumped for this hopefully final unnecessary encounter.

Part V will be in the UFC as Cena goes and fights for Vince's honour.

Browny

Banned
Hustle. Loyalty. Respect. Booking. Dunn. Millenial. Hayes. Merch. Brass ring

Ftfy. Brock wins, Roman wins an hour later. Job done.

The Rumble will only be watchable to see a) who is photographed at an airport on the same day, b) who is a surprise entrant and c) what Kofi does.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Saw that earlier. Stupid shit.

I am going to put a lot more work into the 3rd Annual Carnies so it may not go live today. I'm going to make things nice and pretty.

So we are all in agreement that Wrestlemania was the best WWE PPV of 2014?

Well when you eliminate the competition, it's not a surprise that WWE (not NXT) has the biggest show of all and it was the best. Go figure.

Ithil

I've never been more confused about what is 'the it factor' then with Roman Reigns. Good looking? Ok, you have tons of good looking guys. What else?

Again, I look at Roman Reigns and see guy with good looks, unimpressive build, unimpressive wrestling ability, and no charisma.

But what about his AURA? And his PRESENCE? You can be sure these things exist, as we, the RAW commentary, assure you of it!

Top Bottom