• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I don't even want to watch the Rumble. There is nothing on main line WWE that interests me at all. The main roster's way of showing how fired up they are after NXT was to put on the second worst PPV of the year. Any dudes on the main roster I like are either doing dumb shit (Bray, Dean, Seth) or nothing at all (Cesaro, Harper, Rusev). I don't even know if I want to reup around WM. This is some dire shit. Canceling seems like a better idea every day.

Pretty much my feelings on it. Planned to get the network again for the Rumble but there's nothing to get excited about. We know the winner and 2/3rds of the guys aren't even doing anything at the moment. WWE TV has given me no reason to care about anything since Brock won the belt and Mania before that.

iMax

"these two met way back at Ireland University and fought alongside each other on the mean streets of Ireland Maggle!"

You joke... but this is totally going to happen. They'll probably be called "The Lucky Charms" and have Hornswoggle as their Leprechaun. Cue year-long feud with Los Matadores.

imBask

Banned
I don't feel comfortable giving money to WWE right now, even for NXT and vault stuff.

everything is free on the internet, i'm not giving a single penny to WWE until they give me a quality product.

and i'm not getting the network because the network SUCKS in Canada and I don't have cable TV, screw them

strobogo

Banned
everything is free on the internet, i'm not giving a single penny to WWE until they give me a quality product.

and i'm not getting the network because the network SUCKS in Canada and I don't have cable TV, screw them

I don't even care enough to illegally pirate WWE stuff like Bean Breath does.

RP912

Banned
You know a product is complete shit when Stro doesn't want to fuck with it :/

This is like 7th level of hell levels of fuckery that not even WCW 2000 can contribute :(

Fox318

"my name is Finn Balor and this is my friend Sheamus, and we loooove to fight" *irish music*

"these two met way back at Ireland University and fought alongside each other on the mean streets of Ireland Maggle!"

oh god

this is how they're going to debut Balor on the main roster isn't it?

oh god
The best part about this is they will dress them up as Scots or Lepracons.

When Shamus does the chops everyone must count in Gaelic now

a haon
a dó
a trí
a ceathair
a cúig
a sé
a seacht
a hocht
a naoi
a deich

They will be exiled "Riverdance dancers" who couldn't make it because of America. Thus they will be heels.

Browny

Banned
Don't be stupid, of course this isn't going to happen.

They also have Becky Lynch to add as a valet to them

Stop giving them ideas!!!

If you're going in on the gimmick, gotta go all in, haven't you? Bring back Finlay!
Shit, it's the Irish Four Horsepeople!!!

Fox318

You know a product is complete shit when Stro doesn't want to fuck with it :/

This is like 7th level of hell levels of fuckery that not even WCW 2000 can contribute :(

At least WCW 2000 was a train wreck and you never knew what was going to happen.

Here you know whats going to happen and it still finds ways to be worse.

Ithil

"my name is Finn Balor and this is my friend Sheamus, and we loooove to fight" *irish music*

I think Bálor will be fine, just going from the presentation of him in NXT they like him a lot. Yeah, his height will be held against him by Vince (even though he's like 1 inch shorter than Cena) but I don't think to the extent of "comedy jobber".

Xater

At least WCW 2000 was a train wreck and you never knew what was going to happen.

One was a complete train wreck that can still be entertaining on an ironic level.

The other is just unbelievably boring.

Being boring is probably worse.

imBask

Banned
I think Bálor will be fine, just going from the presentation of him in NXT they like him a lot. Yeah, his height will be held against him by Vince (even though he's like 1 inch shorter than Cena) but I don't think to the extent of "comedy jobber".

I think Cesaro is kinda comparable to Balor, and Cesaro isn't doing that great atm...

"WEEWOOWEEWOOWEEWOOWEEWOO HAHAHAHA HE'S SWISS GET IT? THAT'S FUNNY DAMNIT HAHA WEEWOO"

MC Safety

Don't be stupid, of course this isn't going to happen.

They also have Becky Lynch to add as a valet to them

Becky Lynch came in to NXT wearing green, having red hair, and doing a strange native dance like you'd find in the lord of the dance.

I really like her enthusiasm, and she's absolutely talented, but she's also doomed in WWE.

Patryn

But Vince doesn't have anything to do with his presentation in NXT. He will have input when he moves up.

Ithil

I think Cesaro is kinda comparable to Balor, and Cesaro isn't doing that great atm...

"WEEWOOWEEWOOWEEWOOWEEWOO HAHAHAHA HE'S SWISS GET IT? THAT'S FUNNY DAMNIT HAHA WEEWOO"

Nah, Bálor is a lot more obviously charismatic than Cesaro, even to a "I don't want to see it" guy like Vince.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I watched skimmed through the PPV this morning

12.%252520The%252520Monster%252520%252528feat.%252520Rihanna%252529.gif

I haven't watched the NXT show yet and this may have killed my interest in wrestling again.

jmdajr

Actually got to go to a Metal show last Friday. Haven't been to one in forever.

In Flames/Opeth. To say people have opinions of them two..is an understatement.

Anyhow, I had a good time with the Swedish Metal. Death maybe no more, but metal still.

Kaladin

I watched Oculus last night. Somehow it slipped my mind that it was a WWE film, was kinda shocked when the WWE Studios logo came up.

It had no WWE superstars in it, but for a horror film, the story was paint-by-numbers. Karen Gillian saved it for me.

RP912

Banned

This just proves that Vince Russo needs to come back to the WWE so he can set things straight. I want pole matches, wrestlers giving birth to door knobs, midget hardcore technical wrestlers, and gimmick matches that end in dqs. If the WWE isn't going to give a fuck...might as well crank the dial to 600 degrees.

Fox318

I watched Oculus last night. Somehow it slipped my mind that it was a WWE film, was kinda shocked when the WWE Studios logo came up.

It had no WWE superstars in it, but for a horror film, the story was paint-by-numbers. Karen Gillian saved it for me.

There was one.

The Mirror was from the Levesque estate

Also the film was crazy low budget.

Fox318

This just proves that Vince Russo needs to come back to the WWE so he can set things straight. I want pole matches, wrestlers giving birth to door knobs, midget hardcore technical wrestlers, and gimmick matches that end in dqs. If the WWE isn't going to give a fuck...might as well crank the dial to 600 degrees.

Those Thunder and Nitros were selling out back then.

The WWE house shows and TV shows havn't been selling out.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
If you haven't seen [R]Evolution yet, do it. Best thing WWE has put on since WM 30.

I'll give it a go homie. I think I am good with New Japan, PWG and Lucha Underground. However, I kind of want to see how shitty the Wrestlemania build is going to be...oh fuck, I have tickets to Smackdown this week
17306%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20daniel_bryan%20gif%20neck_brace%20wwe.gif

Xater

I'll give it a go homie. I think I am good with New Japan, PWG and Lucha Underground. However, I kind of want to see how shitty the Wrestlemania build is going to be...oh fuck, I have tickets to Smackdown this week
17306%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20daniel_bryan%20gif%20neck_brace%20wwe.gif

You should watch it. It's really good.

Why you bought tickets to Smackdown I'll probably never understand.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
You should watch it. It's really good.

Why you bought tickets to Smackdown I'll probably never understand.

I have a couple of friends that ever since we were kids, we would go hang out at the arena and get autographs and shit and go to the show. That tradition just keeps going except we just go get sauced and watch the show. Smackdown is such hot toilet trash that I will need do some some extra drinking.

Seriously though, I invite all of you to be Raw-free for at least two weeks and see how it feels. Bet you'll feel much better, and it's easier to skip than you think. You won't feel like you missed anything.

Not sure about two weeks, but I'm not watching tonight. Not after that crap last night.

Amory

None of what they did last night made much sense.

Ziggler and Harper obviously had the match of the night. I like ladder matches generally and those two went all out. They're both in pain today. Giving Ziggler the intercontinental title again just shows he's going to continue to be a mid-carder for the foreseeable future, which is too bad.

The tag match...who really cares anyway...but the Usos are the definition of a generic tag team and I personally don't like watching them. Would've rather seen Gold & Stardust in that match just because they have some personality. Ending on a DQ is something we've been trained to expect on Raw but in a PPV it's inexcusable. And the guy everyone wanted to see (Mizdow) I don't think even got tagged in. His stunt double schtick is gonna get stale very soon, but I still laughed.

Poor Rowan is potentially an interesting character and he seems to have some ability, and they throw him into a match that had no chance of being remotely fun to watch...two big slow guys using big slow weapons for 10+ minutes. The only way they could've redeemed a bad match would've been to put Rowan over, especially because there's no real reason for Show to get the win, and they couldn't even get that right.

In retrospect, maybe because of how weird the rest of the show was, Cena and Rollins was pretty decent. The restart was stupid but whatever. Rollins really should've won the match because no one needs to see Cena v Brock again. Also wtf are they doing sending Big Show out there again? It was already a 3 on 1 situation, Reigns could've still come back and just knocked out the 2 bodyguards without needing Show at all. When he came out I literally groaned.

Kane v Ryback just seemed pointless. There was never any buildup, and Kane is just too old to matter anymore.

The main event was fine I guess. But I don't think they have any idea what they're doing with either Bray or Ambrose. It's clear they're both potential stars but that feud never really had any legs to begin with, and I think both of them have lost momentum. That ending just proves that the writers are too concerned with gimmicks. It's gotten to the point where the gimmick endings are the norm now, which defeats the whole point of them and makes everything feel cheap.

Anyway, just my two cents. New to this thread and it was fun posting last night while the show was on.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
None of what they did last night made much sense.

Ziggler and Harper obviously had the match of the night. I like ladder matches generally and those two went all out. They're both in pain today. Giving Ziggler the intercontinental title again just shows he's going to continue to be a mid-carder for the foreseeable future, which is too bad.

The tag match...who really cares anyway...but the Usos are the definition of a generic tag team and I personally don't like watching them. Would've rather seen Gold & Stardust in that match just because they have some personality. Ending on a DQ is something we've been trained to expect on Raw but in a PPV it's inexcusable. And the guy everyone wanted to see (Mizdow) I don't think even got tagged in. His stunt double schtick is gonna get stale very soon, but I still laughed.

Poor Rowan is potentially an interesting character and he seems to have some ability, and they throw him into a match that had no chance of being remotely fun to watch...two big slow guys using big slow weapons for 10+ minutes. The only way they could've redeemed a bad match would've been to put Rowan over, especially because there's no real reason for Show to get the win, and they couldn't even get that right.

In retrospect, maybe because of how weird the rest of the show was, Cena and Rollins was pretty decent. The restart was stupid but whatever. Rollins really should've won the match because no one needs to see Cena v Brock again. Also wtf are they doing sending Big Show out there again? It was already a 3 on 1 situation, Reigns could've still come back and just knocked out the 2 bodyguards without needing Show at all. When he came out I literally groaned.

Kane v Ryback just seemed pointless. There was never any buildup, and Kane is just too old to matter anymore.

The main event was fine I guess. But I don't think they have any idea what they're doing with either Bray or Ambrose. It's clear they're both potential stars but that feud never really had any legs to begin with, and I think both of them have lost momentum. That ending just proves that the writers are too concerned with gimmicks. It's gotten to the point where the gimmick endings are the norm now, which defeats the whole point of them and makes everything feel cheap.

Anyway, just my two cents. New to this thread and it was fun posting last night while the show was on.

Welcome. Keep posting. We'll have the Carnies Awards up soon.

jmdajr

Mizdow team continues until he rebels against the Miz the PPV before Mania.

Miz eliminates Mizdow at Rumble.

Miz vs Mizdow at mania..with some sort of celebrity involvement too.

Top Bottom