• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Macho and Hogan were both heels. Liz was nothing more than a MacGuffin who had no agency in her own story. She was a plaything for the men to fight over because wrestling is a poor place to be a woman or a minority. It's the wrestling fans who need to demand better and become enlightened on the plight of The non-straight white male. This is why a vote for Spider is a vote for protected classes and women.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And as for WrassleGAF MVP, vote for the guy who actually looks like he belongs in the ring.

Vote for FallingEdge

#TheBigNaturalGuy

You mean the dude who can't even get an avatar worth a goddamn shit? Who is FallingEdge? Nobody knows who that fool is.

UberTag

I did my duty and voted in the WrassleGAF awards.

How is Stardust's theme not nominated?
Stardust's theme got robbed - where was it in the Best New Theme of 2014 category? So disappointing. I demand a recount.

Some of my more noteworthy votes...

Best Special Show of 2014 - Ring of Honor/NJPW War of the Worlds

Let's be real. G1 Climax deserves to win this but I had to vote for War of the Worlds because it was an amazing opportunity to watch the New Japan guys wrestle in person. Can't wait to see them again in 2015.

"Carny Motherfucker" of the Year - CM Punk
"The Great Khali Award" - Vince McMahon
"I'm So Ashamed of Being A Wrestling Fan" Award - WWE Network pandering
"The Drizzling Shits" Award - Worst On-Screen Performer - WWE Announce Team of JBL, Cole, and Lawler

Random Wrasslin' confession.

Every single time Teddy Long's music played it reminded me of his short run managing random jobber Rodney Mack. I mean EVERY SINGLE TIME I heard "its a Mack Militant" without fail.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Random Wrasslin' confession.

Every single time Teddy Long's music played it reminded me of his short run managing random jobber Rodney Mack. I mean EVERY SINGLE TIME I heard "its a Mack Militant" without fail.

Time for the White Boy Challenge

I got the test levels to prove it!

You mean the dude who can't even get an avatar worth a goddamn shit? Who is FallingEdge? Nobody knows who that fool is.

My av is a part of two award winners: Best Tag Team and Best Angle.

You all just looking to put yourself over. You are just as carny as the assholes you vote for.

You have to be a mark for yourself in order to get big in this business. It is what it is, nerd.

Heel

Plywood, friend, we're splintering the votes yet have the same vision for fun. We must unite under one banner for the greater good of this carny nation.

Do we have your endorsement for bean breath 2014?

Cagey

Banned
Seriously, look at all these carny fucks clamouring to be WrassleGAF MVP. At least Stro & Vinny Mac put some goddamn work in. Good hands, not like most of the jobbers here.

This top tier booking from SunnyMac right now. He's created the hottest angle WrassleGAF has seen since blarf imploded, right in time for the holiday season. This momentum is going to carry SunnyMac into the first OT of the 2015 year.

kiguel182

Well, TLC was pretty bad.

Nothing mattered and I didn't care about anything. With that mindset the wrestling needs to be really good to put the show over but it wasn't. Harper vs Ziggler was the best of the night with some cool spots and Bray vs Ambrose was okay I guess. That's it.

Cena won, Big Show won for some reason, the ending to Ambrose vs Wyatt was dumb as fuck and commentary was specially awful.

If someone did a drinking game about how many times they said tables, ladders, chairs and stairs and compared TLC to a demolition derby (everyone calls it that apparently) you would be dead in the first half an hour.

Special mention to Reigns who cut what was possible his worst promo yet. He really outdid himself with this one.

Just, bad.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
This top tier booking from SunnyMac right now. He's created the hottest angle WrassleGAF has seen since blarf imploded, right in time for the holiday season. This momentum is going to carry SunnyMac into the first OT of the 2015 year.
The hottest angle coincides with my posting again...hmm
Sounds like MVP material to me.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Plywood, friend, we're splintering the votes yet have the same vision for fun. We must unite under one banner for the greater good of this carny nation.

Do we have your endorsement for bean breath 2014?
I didn't vote for bean breath, but I endorse Heel.

NO MORE QUESTIONS

Verendus

Banned
I predict Big Show retires next year.

There is always light at the end of the tunnel. It's been a very long tunnel, but I've reached the end. I see the light. It beckons me.

I'm watching final battle which is awesome and wow! There's a lot of black wrestlers that are actually wrestling, and not dancing, rapping, preaching, etc. basically their gimmicks if they have any are not stereotypes.

As a black guy I'm actually enthused/excited about watching black wrestlers actually wrestle

It's a shame that black wrestlers in WWE will never be WWE champion

only half of rock was and that's the closest we'll get

strobogo

Banned
I predict Big Show retires next year.

There is always light at the end of the tunnel. It's been a very long tunnel, but I've reached the end. I see the light. It beckons me.

I predict neither he nor Kane will retire in 2015 and both will be in the main event of at least one PPV each (likely MITB and Survivor Series).

Anth0ny

Well, TLC was pretty bad.

Nothing mattered and I didn't care about anything. With that mindset the wrestling needs to be really good to put the show over but it wasn't. Harper vs Ziggler was the best of the night with some cool spots and Bray vs Ambrose was okay I guess. That's it.

Cena won, Big Show won for some reason, the ending to Ambrose vs Wyatt was dumb as fuck and commentary was specially awful.

If someone did a drinking game about how many times they said tables, ladders, chairs and stairs and compared TLC to a demolition derby (everyone calls it that apparently) you would be dead in the first half an hour.

Special mention to Reigns who cut what was possible his worst promo yet. He really outdid himself with this one.

Just, bad.

The worst part was the NXT show that just happened. It confirmed my suspicion that yes, I am in fact still capable of enjoying a wrestling show and I'm not just a bitter fuck.

WWE is just garbage, and has been garbage for a long fucking time.

I'm watching final battle which is awesome and wow! There's a lot of black wrestlers that are actually wrestling, and not dancing, rapping, preaching, etc. basically their gimmicks if they have any are not stereotypes.

As a black guy I'm actually enthused/excited about watching black wrestlers actually wrestle

Mark Henry was champion for a while, and he was an amazing one.

Fox318

I GAVE YOU PEOPLE A BLACK CHAMPION ALREADY DAMN IT

fD8hCX4.jpg

kiguel182

Just voted for the Carnies as the good member of the community I am.

You're welcome.

(also, it's pretty obvious from the nominations that everyone was pretty high on NXT (R)evolution)

We don't vote for positivity gimmicks that drop the positivity when things get too hot. Dude was a nutcase.

Embrace your FnP overlords, friends.

Sblargh was a practitioner of the so called HLR lifestyle and stood by his principles. But you guys just had to take his heart and make Titan Towers, took his blood and wiped it all over the company jet, and took his smile and made the company go public.

It's funny that ROH has a reputation as being vanilla midget central when they have more minorities in non-demeaning roles than Vince could ever possibly tolerate.

kiguel182

The worst part was the NXT show that just happened. It confirmed my suspicion that yes, I am in fact still capable of enjoying a wrestling show and I'm not just a bitter fuck.

WWE is just garbage, and has been garbage for a long fucking time.

Yeah,NXT was the proof that we all can be happy and stoked as fuck for wrestling. And that you can watch wrestling without feeling embarrassed.

Then this shit happens.

Anth0ny

I told... the whole world last month at survivor series that I'd be back! But I knew that I wouldn't just be back, nah man, I'd be back to make an impack. Spearin' Bigshow through a table... Punching Seth Rollins in the mouth, now that's impact. And I'm here right now to be the first man to deglar declare... At the royal rumble match...

crickets

You think I destroyed in last years rumble? wait to see what i do in this years one.

jred2k

Could you imagine any thread where some posters who constantly top the wall of shame pretty much post nothing but shitting on what other people like? Fuck, this is the only thread I visit on GAF and I'm almost out of here; it's not someone dissing on something I enjoy or at least that I hope it gets better because I think it has potential; it's just "this sucks" x 1000 a day. And to everything.

Dream basically only shitpost in this thread. It would award him a ban everywhere else in this site.
Dragonzord either talks to himself with random posts (and no attempt at all to start a conversation) or "this sucks" x 1000 a day.
Bionic at least kind of admit he is gimmicking, still, you open any page and there is this wall of Cena gifs and "sina" jokes repeated again and again and again.
Heel, I don't even know what he likes, if he likes something, if there is any era or promotion he enjoys, I don't remember one single post by him that wasn't shitting on what other people liked.
Spider from Mars drop in just to shitpost and then disappear, but at least he is not doing 20 posts a day.

Bootay posts great stuff here every day and this people "tired of talking about WWE" doesn't even acknowledge with a "I'll watch" or "I've watched and it's good".
Every NJPW show, there is a healthy number of people discussing it live, so you could talk Japan wrestling here and have people talking back, but no, the people who hate WWE only talk about WWE. And when they hate NXT, they talk about NXT all day. And when they hate ROH, they talk about ROH all day. But only to say it sucks, everything else is not allowed.

It's just not a fun thread a lot of the time. And it's not about WWE talk; with the Network, we could be talking the older stuff that they have there, with the internet, we could be talking anything that is on youtube. Instead it's this huge ammount of posts that adds nothing to the discussion.

It's not really what these posters do, but it is how often and how relentless they are doing it constantly; the same jokes, the same bullshit, the same everything. The BronsonLee thing; he took the jokes like a champ when they started, but then they kept going and going and going and like, a month or so after he post his pic, he couldn't talk about *anything* without hilarious friendly ribbing.

Dream, Dragonzord, Heel. We are well aware that you hate shit, you told us 100 times this week already. Say something new or fuck off. It goes from distracting to annoying to thread hijacking.

Heel's name getting named. Seems like his posting habits earlier in the year were not seen as FnP by at least one poster.

#Fraud

Toki767

Lol. Listening to Meltzer talking about Cena and Crime Time from years ago. That CTC thing was supposed to be a group but Cena didn't want any on screen friends and squashed the idea.

Just goes to show that Cena has stroke and does know what he's doing.

Top Bottom