• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

jred2k

I gave him the rub, after years of making fun of his avatars. He paid his dues, and now the WrassleGAF Universe respects and appreciates him.

Plywood's overness is entirely tied to how badly Pepsi city whiffed on the October OT. You were just along for the ride, old man.

0f8dqmd.png

Fox318

Talent only meeting held at Raw

Coming out of the PPV last night, I've been told many in the company are not happy with the end result. While many knew it would be tough to top the NXT show, there were people who thought it could be pulled off.
There have been rumblings that some talent knew they couldn't top NXT so in a silent protest in favor of Triple H, some superstars were described "mailing in" their matches last night. Many are in favor of Triple H and what he has done with the NXT product and feel it is time for Triple H to take the lead on the main roster.
John Cena held a talent meeting about an hour ago which was described to me as forceful yet calm in his approach. Cena stressed that a silent protest is not what the roster needs. Instead, they need to go out there and start stepping it up every night for their point to be proven.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2pdz76/talent_only_meeting_held_at_raw/

Man fuck Cena. Dude is literally putting people down so he can still be on top.

I can't wait till Cena has a Hogan-like Wretlemania IX moment just so he can pad his ego more.

This is why a vote for Spider is a vote for protected classes and women.

Spider from Mars claims to care about women, but would someone who cares about women post this...?

Spider from Mars said:
Wearin a Wrasslin shirt on this "date" with a jobber girl. Will I pile drive this stat padder tonight? I will leave it up to the Wrasslegaf Universe. Vote now!

Or this...

Spider from Mars said:
I really don't want to sleep with this girl because she's like a six. I'm going to try my best not to, hence the wrestling T-shirt

Spider from Mars - Doesn't care about women, doesn't care about wrestling

Paid for by the Hasney Action Committee for a brighter WrassleGAF

why isn't there an option for All of the Above in the Drizzling Shits category?

i'm gonna be here for the next week trying to decide on one person

It's so fucking hard. I picked Eva in the end, because she is clearly the worst at what she does, but she's barely on TV. I mean the commentary team aren't anything like as terrible as Eva, but you get them for three hours straight.

If it was worded very slightly differently my choice would have been different, but equally hard. Eva wouldn't win if it was something like 'who pissed you off the most' for example.

Ithil

Given it's that goofball Metsfan (Is AJ pregnant yet?) I find that overly detailed story suspect. But Cena does say shit like that.
He put out a tweet after the Vince interview where he talked that bullshit about brass rings, where Cena was like "Yeah, roster, come on, step up, gawd", like it was that simple all along.

"Stepping up" has never been the problem. It's impossible to grab any brass ring while WWE are hitting your fingers with a hammer.

Heel

I love election season, friends.

I've got to get out ahead of the bad press and come clean, friend, for the good of the campaign.

There was a time in early 2014 in which I succumbed to naivete and genuinely enjoyed Bray Wyatt. I may have even said that he was my favorite professional wrestler. It was incredibly poor judgement, and a moment of weakness for which I am deeply sorry.

Since then, I have seen the error in my ways and have worked to never enjoy wrestling ever again.

Do not allow this to reflect poorly on our candidate and future Community MVP elect. Vote bean breath 2014.

I've got to get out ahead of the bad press and come clean, friend, for the good of the campaign.

There was a time in early 2014 in which I succumbed to naivete and genuinely enjoyed Bray Wyatt. I may have even said that he was my favorite professional wrestler. It was incredibly poor judgement, and a moment of weakness for which I am deeply sorry.

Since then, I have seen the error in my ways and have worked to never enjoy wrestling ever again.

Do not allow this to reflect poorly on our candidate and future Community MVP elect. Vote bean breath 2014.

friend, you joined us in the ROH Nerd Chat. You are forever one of us.

Bleacher review gave that match a decent rating too. Heck if they put over Rowen that might have been ok.

Ah yes, bleacher's take on wrestling. I'll never forget when they called the Funkasaurus dancing the stand out moment of a PPV, and it wasn't meant as a criticism of the entire PPV. That's about when I stopped reading that site.

Show and Rowen did their best with a really bad hand. Which amounted to a poor match. They tried. They certainly put their bodies on the line, but spots with the stairs are lame, even if they are dangerous. Like I said the other night, it's all of the risk of a ladder match with none of the spectacle.

Which sucks for them, and sucked for us. I respect what Rowen did given what he had to work with. I respect Show for some of the nasty stuff that he got put through (that side pinch look painful as hell)... but it was a poor match.

'Surprisingly not as shitty as predicted' doesn't prevent the match from still being shitty. I mean, technically Rusev vs Swagger was a decent match, if it meant anything, and if they hadn't already done very similar matches with the same outcome before.

Last nights booking was awful. I don't really blame the talent for any of it. Sure, only really Dolph, Harper, Seth, Bray and Dean really made any efforts to 'reach for the brass ring', but that doesn't magically stop the main card from only having one good meaningful match.

jred2k

blah blah blah. All I'm ready here is that you're a flip flopper. How do we know you won't change your mind on bean breath in six months?

#StandByYourConvinctions

I just want to give a major fuck you to whoever posted the Hulk RKO jiff on nomination day. It gave all the comic book lovers a nerd boner, and cannibalized the nominations for the jiff category since it was fresh on the mind.

It hasn't been posted since, and is obviously not a jiff that will live in on in the halls of WrassleGAF.

So again: fuck you, friend.

Fox318

You guys all need to try harder, but never forget IWINLOL.

Better question is why is he the leader in the locker room?

Its a shame the Big Show is so weak willed and not a good worker because he should be the guy like Undertaker was.

Undertaker once got on Edge and Christian for bribing a writer in secret so they could get pushed and he made them apologize to all of the talent.

Cena seems like the type of guy who wants his money, wants the attention to build his ego and brand, and he likes having power with Vince.

Once that shit is done he gets on his bus and leaves for his next charcter enforcing event and media blitz.

Honestly that's probably why CM Punk left. He wasn't respected by management and right now their is no leader in the locker room.

• Cena makes 18x the money most of them do
  • Orton has had way more incidents then I have time to list
  • Show injures people so much and is gassed in all of his matches
  • Jericho is around 2-3 months a year and is more into pushing his outside of the ring stuff than working full time
  • I've heard nothing but horror stories about The Miz and he was kicked out of the changing room multiple times. Plus he never catches people.
  • Ryback has been an employee for a long time but he is tough to work with.

Everyone else is either part-time or hasn't been around a long time.

Dustin (Goldust) Rhodes may be the only guy there who has been around the block a few times and can help some of these guys out.

somedevil

Given it's that goofball Metsfan (Is AJ pregnant yet?) I find that overly detailed story suspect. But Cena does say shit like that.
He put out a tweet after the Vince interview where he talked that bullshit about brass rings, where Cena was like "Yeah, roster, come on, step up, gawd", like it was that simple all along.

"Stepping up" has never been the problem. It's impossible to grab any brass ring while WWE are hitting your fingers with a hammer.

I'm also waiting to see Brie vs Nikki Cage match.

Plus Finn Balor has just done this:

Finn Balor's new WWE NXT theme song is already doing big business on iTunes as it has made the Top 10 Rock chart.

Has any Wrestler's theme done this or is this is the first?

Verendus

Banned
  • Cena makes 18x the money most of them do
  • Orton has had way more incidents then I have time to list
  • Show injures people so much and is gassed in all of his matches
  • Jericho is around 2-3 months a year and is more into pushing his outside of the ring stuff than working full time
    [*]I've heard nothing but horror stories about The Miz and he was kicked out of the changing room multiple times. Plus he never catches people.
  • Ryback has been an employee for a long time but he is tough to work with.
What did Miz do?

Are we still paying attention to MetsFan4Ever? Shit should be bannable at this point.

Loved how on last night's Observer Radio, it suddenly hit Meltzer halfway through the TLC recap that Reigns vs Lesnar may not be a good match.

zychi

Banned
I still think its funny people use Meltzer as a barometer and listen to his twitter gossip news posts.

For an "insider" he sure doesnt seem to know anything, but still charges for it

I still think its funny people use Meltzer as a barometer and listen to his twitter gossip news posts.

Most pay for his analysis, which he's the best in the business at. Feel like most people who say what you say don't seem to understand that. If it was just his scoops, I sure as hell wouldn't subscribe because those are on the WrestlingInc/Zone/whatever's of the world within 5 minutes of it being posted.

Ithil

I'm not even sure what this is referring to right now. You pay for the newsletter and the radio shows. If you mean that "Cena holds a meeting" story that's from Metsfan, not Meltzer. Metsfan is considered a joke.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
As Roman Reigns's megapush continues I keep getting flashbacks to WWECW with Bobby Lashly and that Chamber match at December to Dismember.

BEING SIMILAR TO BOBBY LASHLY IN WWECW IS NEVER A GOOD THING!!!

strobogo

Banned
My favorite things about Meltzerz is that he never commits to anything so he always has an out when he's wrong and when a simple angle happens and he just doesn't understand it at all.

Top Bottom