• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Hasney

Hasney is a good poster

Sponsored content

If I wasn't too lazy to fill out that thing I'd vote Hasney for MVP! Freaking millennials...

See, this is why you spend your marketing budget to associate yourself with a top quality brand such as Perspicacity. It's wonderful synergy.

New Layla

ejcgi.gif

strobogo

Banned
It's really curious to me that Ishii and Shibata made it to best non WWE wrestler when Okada didn't, despite Okada having 2 matches up for MOTY and the Rainmaker up for move of the year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's really curious to me that Ishii and Shibata made it to best non WWE wrestler when Okada didn't, despite Okada having 2 matches up for MOTY and the Rainmaker up for move of the year.

Part of that is probably due to Okada's amazing 2013 - people maybe felt like they saw most of his matchups already? I'm not sure.

It's weird Tanahashi didn't make the noms on Non-WWE Wrestler of the Year but his 2013 was insane.

UberTag

Guys, what do you think of Adrian Neville debuting on the main roster as part of a tag team with...Bad News Barrett? Barrett could do the bulk of the talking and conceal Neville's weaknesses on the mic.
When I was listening to Meltzer and Alvarez talk about elevating new NXT guys to the main roster and that Neville should be protected in a tag team, Barrett was the guy I immediately thought of to have him tag with. It's a natural fit.

I would have voted for Okada had he made the list. But he didn't so I had to vote for Ishii instead.

Yeah, I feel Bailey does the same.

They don't have enough photo shoots with those two that's for sure.

I remember they did that NXT Summer photo shoot with everyone in bikinis and Bailey was in like one picture wearing like a tank top and pants or something.

Edit: I can't even find these Christmas pictures on WWE.com. Where did they come from?

Hasney

Part of that is probably due to Okada's amazing 2013 - people maybe felt like they saw most of his matchups already? I'm not sure.

It's weird Tanahashi didn't make the noms on Non-WWE Wrestler of the Year but his 2013 was insane.

I think some of it is the lack of NJPW watching as well. Like I watched G1, but haven't really watched outside of it. So I'd be fine nominating one of the matches for MOTY, but I couldn't confidently say that any of them deserve wrestler of the year other than AJ that I've seen a lot more of.

If you keep doing it he might rise to the occasion.

They should put that in an ad for erectile dysfunction sometime.

jmdajr

Definitely expecting even steven booking today. Don't think you'll get a TLC match.

Do they ever book anything interspersing during the holiday weeks????

Be nice if Brock F5'd Santa but oh well...

Get ready for Diva elves gimmick matches

joelseph

When I was listening to Meltzer and Alvarez talk about elevating new NXT guys to the main roster and that Neville should be protected in a tag team, Barrett was the guy I immediately thought of to have him tag with. It's a natural fit.

I would prefer him to be heel in WWE tagging with Tyson Kidd.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Batista did. Fuck he was terrible at one point.

Yup. At lunch I watched his Smackdown title relinquishment - it was great. They have it on the Network as the sole 2006 or 2007 Smackdown and it's the first segment. Really emotional and Big Dave is over as FUCK.

DMczaf

Batista did. Fuck he was terrible at one point.

Wasn't that because they finally let him be more true to himself and go back to heel?

Reigns is suppose to be their next Hogan/Cena. Get ready for a forced baby face run the likes of which we haven't seen since Diesel and HBK back in 95-96.

kiguel182

I remember they did that NXT Summer photo shoot with everyone in bikinis and Bailey was in like one picture wearing like a tank top and pants or something.

Edit: I can't even find these Christmas pictures on WWE.com. Where did they come from?

I don't even remember Bailey being there... I do remember Emma's pic from that session, hard do forget.

But it's probably Baikey's choice so more power for her.

If you keep doing it he might rise to the occasion.

He is just sinking. The audience laughed at him. Really bad.

Xater

Actually a great point. Batista did a lot of things off his own back to get better as he wanted to be the best. Hopefully Roman has the same attitude.

Problem is he is getting the push now, not when he is ready to do the things they expect of him.

Omega

Banned
Actually a great point. Batista did a lot of things off his own back to get better as he wanted to be the best. Hopefully Roman has the same attitude.

yeah that's not happening.

Didn't Batista get fined over half a million for trying to grab the brass ring? WWE is never going to improve, best you can hope for is that the NXT roster doesn't get called up to end up like Paige.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
yeah that's not happening.

Didn't Batista get fined over half a million for trying to grab the brass ring? WWE is never going to improve, best you can hope for is that the NXT roster doesn't get called up to end up like Paige.

He got fined to fuck and back, and he paid the person he worked with's fine as well. I can't remember what goddamn match that was, but it had color.

Hasney

That's why he still has the ladies on his side.

I know, I've said the same thing. Not just Paige, but Emma, Bo, Adam Rose... Basically anyone who's not called up as part of a 3 man stable.

The big thing is that a match on TLC could have been a better match than anything on the NXT show in terms of the ring work, but no-one would have cared as much as Sami/Neville because there wasn't a single good build and that really matters to get you to buy into the match.

Top Bottom