• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

iMax

Right now the most over performer is somebody who reminds everyone that the product is fake and why should you care?

gRqLFXN.jpg

Spend your time and money to watch somebody remind you that its all fake and we(WWE) don't care so why should you?

Isn't he billed from where WM31's taking place? Hope he gets a good program going in time.

iMax

CM Punk is like the Dreamcast.

Pretty popular, doesn't get on well with everyone. Quits and is suddenly hot shit.

Fox318

Isn't he billed from where WM31's taking place? Hope he gets a good program going in time.
Only thing he can do is win the belt and then do a speech on how he had to get down to the people's monkey brain intellect in order for them to be entertained.

He needs to go heel.

Carnby

That Self Destruction of The Ultimate Warrior is such a bury job.

Wow

I was really happy that Warrior and Vince made up before he passed away. But still, the whole situation was really sad. It's tough to watch that Warrior documentary of his last few days.

Fox318

I was really happy that Warrior and Vince made up before he passed away. But still, the whole situation was really sad. It's tough to watch Watching that Warrior documentary of his last few days.

I'm watching the Self Destruction DVD now.

Its amazing and it isn't 100% false.

Carnby

I'm watching the Self Destruction DVD now.

Its amazing and it isn't 100% false.

Did you know: when planning that DVD, WWE had to decide if it was going to be about Bret Hart or Warrior. We almost had a Bret Hart bury job dvd instead.

Did you know: when planning that DVD, WWE had to decide if it was going to be about Bret Hart or Warrior. We almost had a Bret Hart bury job dvd instead.

The Bret DVD was meant to come after Warrior's, but apparently Bret heard about it and it was one of the motivating factors for him mending his relationship with the WWE.

BlazinAm

Only thing he can do is win the belt and then do a speech on how he had to get down to the people's monkey brain intellect in order for them to be entertained.

He needs to go heel.

He is a heel though. People cheer for him because he stands out from the pack. Maybe he can have a program with the Miz at Mania for the IC title or something but wwe tends to milk( and do nothing with them) gimmicks like for a long time.

Fox318

The only thing this DVD makes me want to watch is an Andre documentary.

The DVD describes him as a muscle bound idiot who had the in ring ability of a nitro girl and the intelligence of a block of cheese.

The people who built him up was the guy who wrote the music and the workers.

The JR, Ted DiBiase, and Bobby Heenan interviews clearly show they hated him.

Fox318

They care about Canada?

They fucked canada with the Bret stuff because of Hunter and fear of WCW getting a bump from their champ.

The network stuff is about money.

This DVD shit would have been for the sole purpose of telling somebody to fuck off.

A public company doesn't do that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bret would just bury them ten times harder than they could even fathom burying Bret. You seen his official DVD? They even prefaced that thing with, 'Hey man, Bret's gonna say some stuff. WE probably don't agree with it, but we'll make money off this dvd.' Bret has problems, but one thing I do enjoy about the man is that he speaks what he thinks constantly. He'll shit talk his dead brother in law for fucking up his own career, he'll shit on Triple H even after working with WWE.

bjork

Wait, what? The way I understood it, Warrior was looking to use footage for some project he was doing, Vince wanted him to contribute to some Warrior-related project they were cooking up, and Warrior refused, so this DVD was made. Then Warrior hit the courts and who knows what happened from there.

If they were planing the same thing for Bret during all of this, maybe that's why Vince has so many nice things to say on the first Bret set.

Why hasn't WWE issued a Kevin Nash DVD?

They're waiting for the TNA tape library so they can put that Chet Lemon/Black Snow stuff on there. No set would be complete without it.

UK Comedy wrestler Mad Man Manson retired yesterday at PCW.

The way he did it was certainly odd though, there was a comedy show the night before where he was apparently racist and made a joke about Chris Benoits son. Then at the pcw shows he did his best to shit on all the ROH guys and basically acted like a bit of a dick.

Guys hilarious normally but it was just awkward, basically he absolutely detests wrestling but his act is normally on the right side of funny I thought yesterday went on the wrong side of the line

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was serious about what I wrote in the OP about Bellator. They're doing interesting things and it intersects with Sports Entertainment. Worth looking into.

Listen to Austin's commentary for two of his matches. There is no practice. Even for major Wrestlemania main events. Matches are not planned at all before.

He says in the beginning of his 40 minute match with the Rock that he knew just a couple of things that would happen.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...restlemania-13-with-austin-s-commentary_sport
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...steve-austin-with-stone-cold-commentary_sport
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...steve-austin-with-stone-cold-commentary_sport

is this on the network?

DMczaf

Bellator MMA is the captain now. The guy who ran Strikeforce, Scott Coker, took over with Viacom backing. They're using the WCW gameplan by hiring the "big boys" of MMA yesteryear to kick off the Saturday Night War. Rebooting with monthly shows next year, with big tentpole events 4 times a year.

Scott's first order of business? A masked man reveal:

EmetbQhl.jpg

pvqxfIPl.jpg

This is straight up TNA.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

Best of WWE 2014 Part 2

• Shield vs Wyatt Family Elimination Chamber 2014
  • Sheamus vs Cesaro vs John Cena vs Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan vs Christian WWE World Heavyweight Championship Elimination Chamber 2014
  • Cesaro vs Sami Zayn NXT Arrival 2/27/14
  • Emma vs Paige NXT Women's Championship NXT Arrival 2/27/14
  • Christian vs Sheamus Raw 3/3/14
  • Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan No DQ Raw 3/17/14
  • John Cena vs Luke Harper Raw 3/24/14
  • Shield vs Real Americans Raw 3/24/14

So far, Bray/Bryan and Sami/Cesaro are right at the top of my list. And Bryan/Cesaro are definitely the MVPs of the first quarter of 2014. Harper might get up there, though. I think now that he's solo, he's going to have a rad 2015. Next set will cover WM-Takeover 1.

Top Bottom