• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Look at him. THe kids will tune in for Cena and their moms will tune in to moisten their panties at the sight of Roman Reigns the same way they do over Charlie Humman on Sons of Anarchy every week even though he has the acting ability and charisma of a plank of wood. They should give Roman a 50 Shades of Grey gimmick.
The guy will disappear within the next 5 years after his mega push amounts to nothing because he couldn't even hang anywhere near Cena level.

You can "Belee Dat"!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Jason Statham's a B-tier star, though. He's not The Rock. And Vince wants The Rock.
Statham is the lead villain in Furious 7 which Rock also stars in. Follow the $$$.

Even if he is B-Tier it's stupid business to not try and make each person on the roster turn a profit.

I see both of them as second-tier guys. Not guys who can carry the promotion, but can main event the occasional PPV and be part of the mix. Zayn can be the 2010's Ricky Steamboat and Balor can be a good prick heel in Perfect/Ziggler/Rude mold.

Just curious, what do you think Balor is missing? He has a great look both in terms of build and "get over with the women". He can wrestle as good as anyone. And he's a decent talker who with more practice in WWE will inevitably get even better. I don't see why he, or Zayn for that matter, couldn't be the number one guy.

Statham is the lead villain in Furious 7 which Rock also stars in. Follow the $$$.

Even if he is B-Tier it's stupid business to not try and make each person on the roster turn a profit.

Sure, but I'm answering the people who think Cesaro should be pushed over Reigns.

I wonder if there are any little kids who still don't know the WWE is choreographed accidentally tuned into this. "wait a minute what do you mean Vince decided to end the streak?"

Fox318

also this is all of the Cesaro merch

1R3oBqy.png

Sanjuro

The main things that caught my attention during the podcast was the territories, Vince wanting punk back, and Vince "listening to the fans"...other than that I'm not surprised Vince is out of touch with reality and have no faith in his own roster despite how well they perform in the ring or liked by the fans.

Whenever I hear a response like this, I note that the fans are just as out of touch as Vince.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Sure, but I'm answering the people who think Cesaro should be pushed over Reigns.
Well the argument made sense when he should've been pushed to the moon after his great WM spot and I'd say even now it sort of makes sense that Cesaro should at the very least be in a top spot of some sort especially considering Reigns is out on injury. If they wouldn't deflate their talent so often then the talent pool wouldn't be so thin.

Just curious, what do you think Balor is missing? He has a great look both in terms of build and "get over with the women". He can wrestle as good as anyone. And he's a decent talker who with more practice in WWE will inevitably get even better. I don't see why he, or Zayn for that matter, couldn't be the number one guy.

Personally, I think Devitt is kind of overrated as a wrestler.

But, looking at it from a WWE point of view, there's the foreigner thing. Not counting British Canada as a foreign country, there's never been a #1 guy who isn't American in the WWE, and frankly, both Zayn and Balor have pretty thick accents, for your average RAW viewer. You & I can get through it, but your 9 year old kid or 43 year old dude from Michigan? I don't know.

Plus, Balor and Zayn still have "indy" builds and if you want to know what I'm talk about, compare Bryan when he was still in ROH to when he won the title. He wasn't jacked, but he was bigger. Not saying they're "too small," but there is a difference.

Also, I think there are guys who can better connect to the WWE crowd. Ambrose, Reigns, Rollins, and so on. Like I said, I'm saying they can't be #1 guys. #3 or #4 guys? Absolutely.

strobogo

Banned
I trust you implicitly WrassleGAF, so settle an argument for me. If you had to go with one guy to give a big main roster push to, with the goal being to create the biggest star possible, who would you go with: Balor or Zayn?

Zayn. He's bigger, doesn't have a goofy Irish accent, more likable babyface, seems like he has a style that meshes with just about anymore.

If Cesaro is B-tier, Reigns is C-tier currently, that's why he should be pushed over Reigns. I'm not arguing that Cesaro should be headlining WM, there are only like 5 people who can do that right now, and at least 3 of them are part time workers, but Cesaro deserved a real shot as a higher spot on the roster coming out of WM. They killed him dead by forcing him to remain heel and jumping him in and out of random feuds while jobbing him out in every match.

Gonzalez

Banned
"Now, I wanna tell you some big news. It's bigger than TLC's "Waterfall" with One Eyed Lopez, or whatever her name is." - Todd Pettengill(But let's be fucking honest, those are Vince's words coming out of his mouth) selling fans on Free For All

Texas' best indy, Inspire Pro, finally released their poster and lineup for their next show, which will be on the first Sunday of the new year.

iJDyETEowR8oK.jpg

Can't wait! Packed card. If you're in the Austin/San Antonio area, and haven't been to an Inspire Pro show yet...wtf is your problem?
Raw is on. This is not the time for off-topic posts.

Personally, I think Devitt is kind of overrated as a wrestler.

But, looking at it from a WWE point of view, there's the foreigner thing. Not counting British Canada as a foreign country, there's never been a #1 guy who isn't American in the WWE, and frankly, both Zayn and Balor have pretty thick accents, for your average RAW viewer. You & I can get through it, but your 9 year old kid or 43 year old dude from Michigan? I don't know.

Plus, Balor and Zayn still have "indy" builds and if you want to know what I'm talk about, compare Bryan when he was still in ROH to when he won the title. He wasn't jacked, but he was bigger. Not saying they're "too small," but there is a difference.

Also, I think there are guys who can better connect to the WWE crowd. Ambrose, Reigns, Rollins, and so on. Like I said, I'm saying they can't be #1 guys. #3 or #4 guys? Absolutely.

All valid points. I find myself disagreeing with most of them though. I think Balor's build is fine and will only get better going forward. Everyone at the PC gets bigger and more cut. And Balor is taller than Bryan, so pure size won't be as big of a deal. As far as guys who can better connect with the crowd, we can't say that for sure until Zayn and Balor are given the same opportunities as Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns. Part of getting a connection is being given the chance. So I think it's unfair to assume the connection they would or wouldn't have. Really the only thing I see holding either back is the accents and I think that is less of an issue now than it has ever been, at least from an audience perspective.

Fox318

Not to mention wasn't Swagger supposed to be heel but he was getting face pops in the Midwest. Especially with anti mexican stuff?

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT

...random commercial cut

Holy tits at that break. Are you kidding me?

Did he botch it? Is that why they cut to commercial?

of all fucking times to cut out

Nice time for a commercial...

No suplex for us

This will only be redeemed if they cut back from commercial with Ryback still in the middle of the suplex.
It's called suspense, marks.

Top Bottom