• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Wonder if Punk will talk about this on his next podcast next week. Wonder if he even watched it.

I sort of get him with Cesaro. He just doesn't have a ton of charsima. Even though Bryan and Reigns don't have much by way of mic skills either, they have charisma in other ways, through their look, with Bryan the whole David vs Goliath thing he has going against most WWE stars makes him likable. With Reigns it's probably just looks (like Orton). He looks like if the guy from Sons of Anarchy had sex with the wolf kid from Twilight. Women are going to love this guy even though he's probably right now Test with a tan.

That Sister Abigail was the first documented interracial kiss in Oklahoma history.

tumblr_n94xvocTkD1s99tceo2_500.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
brock is the problem. evryone else is a pawn while brock is the king. they all look bad in compariosn. dude would be more effective if he wasnt attached to brock and can be Paul E Dangerouly with a New dangerious alliance.

My dream for this SS was Cena and a bunch of his buddies versus a Dangerous Alliance of all of Heyman's Clients. Rybaxel, Big Slow, Cesaro, BROCK LESNAR versus Cenar...and I don't know...Cryme Thyme and the Usos

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Cesaro is a fine talker. Not great. But certainly passable. In the ring he's incredible. He has that physical charisma that is better than talking charisma. He was the second or third most over guy going into/coming out of WM. Then they stalled him out and made him look bad, and now he's lacking in the intensity and fire he had at the start of the year because it is clear no one in the back supports him.

No top guy has all the qualities. They're always deficient in something. That's why you pair them up with someone who has what the other is missing and make a complete package for a feud.

The problem is the WWE's priorities seem to be as such:

1. Look
2. Mic
3. Wrestling

I think the disconnect is how most fans would probably put the "look" factor far lower than the WWE does. Unless they're going for the teen female demographic, in which case Cody Rhodes would be the at the top and they wouldn't be covering his face with paint.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Okay, I can't take it anymore.

I DON'T SEE WHAT LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE SEES IN ROMAN REIGNS!!!!

No charisma, no impressive physique, not even the "movie poster" thing that's consistently brought up. I just don't get it.

Fox318

That'd be an interesting way to turn Lesnar face only a year after ending the streak

Is Lesnar really a heel?

Half of the audience hates Cena and Lesnar comes across as a bad ass fighter.

Other than beating Cena what heel thing has he done? Take the streak away from fans?

He earned that with a match.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The problem is the WWE's priorities seem to be as such:

1. Look
2. Mic
3. Wrestling

I think the disconnect is how most fans would probably put the "look" factor far lower than the WWE does. Unless they're going for the teen female demographic, in which case Cody Rhodes would be the at the top and they wouldn't be covering his face with paint.

Cody Rhodes is a handsome man. Dashing even.

I trust you implicitly WrassleGAF, so settle an argument for me. If you had to go with one guy to give a big main roster push to, with the goal being to create the biggest star possible, who would you go with: Balor or Zayn?

Fox318

Honestly the only other questions related to content today that could be asked:

• PG or TV-14?
  • Network library expanding?
  • Should highlighting the sport be more of a focus?
  • Term Wrestlers vs Superstars? Couldn't a person be a wrestler to set themself apart from other media figures?
  • Do you view raw as a product to target a specific segment of the audience or do you believe that it can satisfy everyone?
  • How would you differentiate Smackdown and Raw?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I trust you implicitly WrassleGAF, so settle an argument for me. If you had to go with one guy to give a big main roster push to, with the goal being to create the biggest star possible, who would you go with: Balor or Zayn?

What I would do is take the graduating class of NXT right now and have them invade Smackdown, restarting the brand split.

I wouldn't choose only one

but also, Balor's been there for like a month so that colors it a bit, but i'd say Zayn atm

Wonder if Punk will talk about this on his next podcast next week. Wonder if he even watched it.

I sort of get him with Cesaro. He just doesn't have a ton of charsima. Even though Bryan and Reigns don't have much by way of mic skills either, they have charisma in other ways, through their look, with Bryan the whole David vs Goliath thing he has going against most WWE stars makes him likable. With Reigns it's probably just looks (like Orton). He looks like if the guy from Sons of Anarchy had sex with the wolf kid from Twilight. Women are going to love this guy even though he's probably right now Test with a tan.

He's Jason Statham though. Anyone with half a brain could book this dude. Put him in a suit. Give him goals. Let him wrestle. Rent an Audi. Feed him tough guy one liners.

2K's marketing team figured it out with like 5 seconds of a commercial but the WWE gives him ambulance music? The game is rigged, son.

Fox318

No charisma, no impressive physique, not even the "movie poster" thing that's consistently brought up. I just don't get it.

He has the body that HHH and co think is the future.

gurudyne

I can't figure it out but Heyman isn't doing anything WRONG, I don't think. It just...maybe he's spread too thin.

With Cesaro he did. It was all "MY CLIENT BROCK LESNAR CONQUERED THE STREAK MY CLIENT BROCK LESNAR CONQUERED THE STREAK MY CLIENT BROCK LESNAR CONQUERED THE STREAK MY CLIENT BROCK LESNAR CONQUERED THE STREAK here's cesaro" Nothing there to work with. If, as a manager, you mainly build up your client by standing beside him showing off in the ring rather than speaking on his behalf, you're not really adding anything by being there.

Axel and Ryback--I think he did the best he could with what he had there, but there was a ceiling on that entertainment. Axel was a replacement for Punk and that wasn't ever going to go over well, then Axel and Ryback were Punk's neverending matches after Brock and at the time, that was as midcard as you could get. Significant step down from the above-the-main-event Brock.

Also more Punk backlash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpBYZetmb5k

There's no way this (big) guy is Stoopid. This is the greatest tag team break up of ALL TIME.

That's fucking great. Look forward to their return.

He's Jason Statham though. Anyone with half a brain could book this dude. Put him in a suit. Give him goals. Let him wrestle. Rent an Audi. Feed him tough guy one liners.

2K's marketing team figured it out with like 5 seconds of a commercial but the WWE gives him ambulance music? The game is rigged, son.

Jason Statham's a B-tier star, though. He's not The Rock. And Vince wants The Rock.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Mark my words, Zayn is the next face of WWE, and Balor will be the biggest heel there ever was next to Triple H.

UuyGxyV.gif

But that hair though...
The hair is a big reason why I don't see anything in him,FnP or not.

Gonzalez

Banned
Zayn... But it would come with a huge revamp of his look, and in-ring personality. For some reason I can see him being a huge heel in the same ranks as a Ric Flair.

They could probably give him an ADR/Million Dollar Man style gimmick pretty easily. That seems kinda lazy but it's worlds better than the shit he does now. That music and that awful arm cannon gesture he does have GOT to go.

Anth0ny

Everyone keeps saying this but they're trying to set Roman Reigns up as the "next guy." Cesaro does literally everything better than him, including talking, except doesn't have a pretty boy look, and wasn't brought up through their system. No matter what Vince says, ultimately it comes down to who THEIR pick is, not whatever the worker can actually do. In a perfect world, Cesaro would be pushed in a way that hid his weaknesses, even if he never became the guy. He's still a tremendous talent that can feud with anyone. They can't even do that much, instead they chopped his legs off every time he started to build a bit of momentum.

Best post.

They choose who they want to push. Nuff said. If they choose someone to be their guy, and they're flawed, they grind it out with them. If someone they didn't choose gets over on their own, they'll take every opportunity to snatch the rug from underneath them. We've seen this countless times.

Is None of the Above a valid answer?

I wouldn't choose only one

but also, Balor's been there for like a month so that colors it a bit, but i'd say Zayn atm

The argument is specifically which of the two has a better shot at becoming a huge star and who would be the better choice. So I'm not saying choose one of them over everyone else, I'm simply comparing and contrasting the two against one another.

RP912

Banned
I really don't find much Vince said tonight that is out of the ballpark.

The main things that caught my attention during the podcast was the territories, Vince wanting punk back, and Vince "listening to the fans"...other than that I'm not surprised Vince is out of touch with reality and have no faith in his own roster despite how well they perform in the ring or liked by the fans.

The argument is specifically which of the two has a better shot at becoming a huge star and who would be the better choice. So I'm not saying choose one of them over everyone else, I'm simply comparing and contrasting the two against one another.

I see both of them as second-tier guys. Not guys who can carry the promotion, but can main event the occasional PPV and be part of the mix. Zayn can be the 2010's Ricky Steamboat and Balor can be a good prick heel in Perfect/Ziggler/Rude mold.

Look at him. THe kids will tune in for Cena and their moms will tune in to moisten their panties at the sight of Roman Reigns the same way they do over Charlie Humman on Sons of Anarchy every week even though he has the acting ability and charisma of a plank of wood. They should give Roman a 50 Shades of Grey gimmick.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
UuyGxyV.gif

But that hair though...

That Test with a tan description works well. Thank you, Ninja Scooter.

Look at him. THe kids will tune in for Cena and their moms will tune in to moisten their panties at the sight of Roman Reigns the same way they do over Charlie Humman on Sons of Anarchy every week even though he has the acting ability and charisma of a plank of wood. They should give Roman a 50 Shades of Grey gimmick.

Nevermind, you had to go and ruin it.

Jason Statham's a B-tier star, though. He's not The Rock. And Vince wants The Rock.

They don't even have a B tier though, that's what I'm saying. Even if Cesaro isn't the next Rock, they need a strong supporting cast. And even IF they find the next Rock, they STILL need a strong supporting cast.

It's one thing if they were giving us incredibly entertaining setups yet the roster was garbage and couldn't carry the torch, but they aren't even holding up their end of the bargain. The writing is grade A trash. There's only so much someone can do to elevate the stuff they're handed, especially when they aren't handed anything at all.

Top Bottom