• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Foffy

Banned
Damn, hearing Vince talk about Millennials...

God this fucking guy is unfathomably out of touch. This explains the awful direction of the company, big time.

bjork

simplythebest
Banned
(Yesterday, 05:34 PM)

AlaEXSB.jpg

Omega

Banned
Damn, hearing Vince talk about Millennials...

God this fucking guy is unfathomably out of touch. This explains the awful direction of the company, big time.

In the end I think what kills the WWE is his utter hatred of wrestling. Within 15 seconds he had that look on his face of "i made a huge mistake" as soon as Austin dropped the w word.

Also this need to cater to everyone. It's not going to happen and it ultimately leaves many parts of the fanbase feeling neglected. Maybe there's a bunch of people that enjoyed those Larry the Cable Guy skits and want more. Problem is they were fucking awful and 95% of your fanbase doesn't give a shit. So what, you're gonna force it in for those 5%? Same thing with the "comedy" sketches and people that actually like the wrestling part of the world wrestling entertainment company.

Xater

It's probably unnecessary to talk about the Vince thing at this point. Looks like a lot of my feelings are already being echoed here. The Cesaro comments made me angry. Sure he is weaker on the mic but he was very much over around WM. Steve is right, he badically did that in ability alone. The booking then killed all that. We all know he should have become a face after winning that trophy. Also all the bullshit of listening to the fans and wanting guys to prove themselves. None of that explains Reigns. Fuck that guy.

Stone Cold went in hard on that interview, calling bullshit on the whole 'can't see them too often or you'll get sick of them' thing with Lesnar & Sting was great. Like he said, SCSA was on TV constantly and he was huge.
Great work by Vince too, guy is still a champ in front of the camera and put in the best performance I've seen in ages. Even at his age he can still weave the magic. Glad he was up front a lot of the time despite falling into rhetoric pretty often.
He seriously looked like he wanted that extra 15 minutes shooting the shit with Austin, which was great. Obviously they just started talking about how magical their feud was which worked in our favor but still. Vince trying to find the words to describe the feeling of being in that ring and having the fans lose their shit completely at how much they are enjoying it really put him over.

Stone Cold successfully put Vince back over with that podcast after all the Punk stuff last week. Will he be back again to do the same for Hunter? Stay tuned for only $9.99 a month!

Have that once a month with big name, interesting people? I'd keep paying for that on top of the current offering of NXT & PPV's.

Vince McMahon used to call Meltzer personally for his opinion on stuff.

Does he still call people these days? I wonder if the current creative do that too.

Vince just burying punk and doing it with class. Punk totally is the completely bitter fuck everyone thinks he is.

X62UkSr.gif

Made a spreadsheet for recommended New Japan World matches - there's currently only a few old-school ones on there, it's mostly the best of 2014, but I will be adding to it a lot;

http://tinyurl.com/NJPW-WORLD
Awesome work! I'll keep an eye on it from here on out.

So which midcarder goes out on a limb and blades at the next PPV only to be fired?

Bray, he can see his stock sinking after getting shifted all round the place. He wants to take this insanity to the next level.
Take a ladder hit to the head when Ambrose tries to get it in the ring, comes up spraying blood everywhere, headbutts Ambrose a million times while laughing his arse off.

Mike Tyson is a real interesting story. WCW wanted him bad and USA considered CANCELING RAW before they heard of the plan to bring in Tyson. He's literally as important to the success of WWF as Mr. T.

I thought Hogan or someone said Tyson went to WCW first but Bischoff told him no?

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal to be replaced by Stone Cold Steve Austin's Brass Ring on a Pole Match Sponsored by The Stone Cold Steve Austin Podcast on the Pre-Show exclusively on the WWE Network!

Seriously, that was an awesome listen and I'd love to hear more from both of them.

Cody Rhodes is a handsome man. Dashing even.

He gives 110% too, always looks like he gives a shit and it's fun to watch him in the ring. Really enjoying his work this year, even if the match up are super repetitive.

If we're looking for opponents for Brock that aren't Cena, the only one that makes sense to me is Orton.

Orton could be great, he was getting a good reaction before they fucked him off to work on a piece of shit movie. He seemed to be really putting in as well which was great to see.
He could come back as a legend killer, slay Brock and then when Rollins tries to cash in through some kind of chicken shit situation Orton no sells and destroys him, putting the final nail in the Authority coffin.

Wait...

Randy Orton wrote on Twitter that he was removed from the upcoming WWE tour of Europe. He said that he will shoot WWE Studios’ The Condemned 2: Desert Prey.
zzQPf.gif

giphy.gif

>_<

It's kinda hard to grab at those brass rings when nobody is given a chance to. If anyone can honestly defend the product after both of these podcasts, I don't know what else there is to say, really. If this is WWE listening to what their audience wants, then I'm seriously afraid of what they actually want the product to be.

Watching life draining raw after life draining raw, hearing how poor the talent gets treated, then this garbage from Vince, I just don't know anymore. But of course, this abusive relationship I'm in with WWE will never end. I'll just keep coming back no matter how poorly it treats me.

Browny

Banned
It's the short term booking that lets them down. 2014 could have had some big success stories - even with DBry's injury and Batista waving his way towards huge monies. You change two results at WM and RAWM - namely give Bray the victory over Cena, and let Cesaro continue as a hard-ass (face or heel, doesn't matter at all) - and suddenly the end of year has half a dozen main event guys. And that's without Brock not showing up at all (which in itself is bullshit).

Paracelsus

It's the short term booking that lets them down. 2014 could have had some big success stories - even with DBry's injury and Batista waving his way towards huge monies. You change two results at WM and RAWM - namely give Bray the victory over Cena, and let Cesaro continue as a hard-ass (face or heel, doesn't matter at all) - and suddenly the end of year has half a dozen main event guys. And that's without Brock not showing up at all (which in itself is bullshit).

You can't have long term booking when the two major decision makers (Vince/Dunn) act like two kids with a heavy lack of attention span and a clicker in their hand.

Let's booking him like this -> eh, don't like him that much, let's bury him

They really have no respect for human life and effort, unless you're Cena, who apparently has no life outside of WWE so.

Bryan deserves more props than Punk in that regard, because Punk was never really booked like a buffoon, yet he did and still managed to go over. Following Bryan there's Ziggler, it almost seems he breaks the fourth wall in that the people are immune to the shitty finishes they book him in.

Browny

Banned
How's this for scary:

One of the better bits of recent long-term booking was the Aces & 8s reveal.

Everything else was bullshit, but the reveal was a Stringer Bell gif moment.

UberTag

Watching life draining raw after life draining raw, hearing how poor the talent gets treated, then this garbage from Vince, I just don't know anymore. But of course, this abusive relationship I'm in with WWE will never end. I'll just keep coming back no matter how poorly it treats me.
You don't need to keep coming back to the WWE and you don't need to break things off. You can remain a fan on the periphery while still distancing yourself from the half-assed product they're offering today and - more importantly - make a conscious decision to not give them any money or any attention that could be misinterpreted by them as giving them money (i.e. ratings, hits, tweets).

You have a voice as a fan and you can empower yourself by making that voice heard by getting involved in communities like this one and other social media outlets. You should be open to competing products like ROH and NJPW. You should definitely soak up podcasts that shine a light on today's product like what we've gotten from Colt Cabana and Steve Austin the past week.

But, more than anything, you should know that the ONLY way your voice has power is through your wallet. And that you are not wielding that power at all by simply handing over a blank check to Vince McMahon for a "status quo" product that you're not happy with.

They don't get that message if you pay them money right now. They only get that message when you stop. So unless you're happy to live in the past with nostalgia or live in a bubble like Vince and could care less whether the WWE produces anything watchable going forward, you can't reward the WWE and still expect them to change. That's hypocrisy.

Aiii

So not worth it
They did, but Vince said it was a coincidence and apologized for it.

Which is a load of crap that nobody buys.

Then again, this is a interview that started with "How's the Network doing?" which got answered with "it's doing great!"

Spoiler alert:
It's doing terrible.

Xater

That SenorLARIATO dude sounds like a pretty cool guy.

Good thing I asked if he could do something like that huh?

Boots is awesome. I will use the doc over the next few weeks a lot. Will look into all the 2014 stuff I have missed first so I am ready when it comes to the voting we do every year.

Cody Rhodes is a handsome man. Dashing even.

Definitely have to agree with this. He's actually even more attractive as Stardust, although that may be due to my fetish of people with face paint. And rubbery suits.

Also doesn't hurt that he's been consistently excellent in almost all of his performances.

That SenorLARIATO dude sounds like a pretty cool guy.

Good thing I asked if he could do something like that huh?

Boots is awesome. I will use the doc over the next few weeks a lot. Will look into all the 2014 stuff I have missed first so I am ready when it comes to the voting we do every year.

:)

No problem guys, I'll work on an OT for NJPW World this afternoon - not sure how much interest there'll be outside of the WrassleGAF regulars, but hopefully it'll get a few new fans interested.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Which is a load of crap that nobody buys.

Then again, this is a interview that started with "How's the Network doing?" which got answered with "it's doing great!"

Spoiler alert:
It's doing terrible.
Wasn't their wedding a secret?

Top Bottom