• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's December. You know what that means?
tumblr_mxjbonNbwR1qcga5ro1_500.gif

Paracelsus

You can tell Vince truly loves people who make him richer, because I don't think he'd let any smark other than SCSA talk him down like that, it felt like this dominant male talking down to a wimp, except this wimp has been considered a merciless tyrant for over 30 years now. Hell, Austin sounded like he was this close to outright tell him "dude the show sucks, it's unbearable, fucking do something about it".

Xater

You can tell Vince truly loves people who make him richer, because I don't think he'd let any smark other than SCSA talk him down like that, it felt like this dominant male talking down to a wimp, except this wimp has been considered a merciless tyrant for over 30 years now. Hell, Austin sounded like he was this close to outright tell him "dude the show sucks, it's unbearable, fucking do something about it".

I think only his professionalism held him back from doing so. He still managed to get some jabs into his questions.

Vylash

No one can be able to grab the brass ring because Cena's been hiding it for the last 10 years.

it's not even that, it's the fact that only people they like are allowed to grab it and run with it, if they don't like you then they'll destroy you no matter what you do

Browny

Banned
That lazy ass Corgi that is just laying in the corner reminds me of all the current millennial Superstars that won't try to "Grab the brass ring".

Big (Corg)E?
Corgi Rhodes?
Baron Corgi?

Damn I had to work hard for those, probably not worth it...

I thought it was kinda telling even Vince seemed like he hated 3 hour Raws.

Go back to 2 hours, make SD more than just "that other show we have to do", and ratings for Raw AND SD might increase. Amazing.

We are probably more likely to get 4 hour Raws than that though.

MC Safety

Stone Cold was right about the overlong introductory speeches during Raw. He should have added contract signings are a horrible way to end a show.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Bayonetta rape thread and some of the posts in the fake soldier threads are some of the neogaffiest neogaf stuff I've ever seen.

Sephzilla

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=943390

an optional boss basically has an attack with rape implications

The Bayonetta rape thread and some of the posts in the fake soldier threads are some of the neogaffiest neogaf stuff I've ever seen.

that thread is people trying to make something out of nothing, I feel.

If Rodin didn't smoke the entire game and only did that after that one specific move, I could understand more. But as it is, no, it's not implied rape.

Kaladin

That Stone Cold Podcast with Vince was amazing. They should do something like that at least once a month, it would generate subs on that content alone.

The brass ring Vince was referring to is actually the One Ring of Power. It has great power and influence over all the land but only one dark lord could ever truly wield it. The rest become corrupted and destroyed trying to claim it

Sephzilla

That Stone Cold Podcast with Vince was amazing. They should do something like that at least once a month, it would generate subs on that content alone.

I'd be cool with the Austin podcast being on WWE Network more often but I worry that Vince would try to muzzle Austin a little too much and make him ask safer questions.

Granted, maybe my worries are false, I was legit shook by Vince breaking kayfabe and calling Undertaker "Mark" last night.

Gonzalez

Banned
I don't want to sound like Vince, but fuck these millennials that talk shit about American soldiers who sacrifice their lives getting perks over your lazy pot smoking, video game playing asses.

Ithil

It's pretty amazing how Vince blamed absolutely everyone else but himself and his cronies for the sad state of WWE right now. It's not Vince's or the booking or Creative's fault you aren't over, it's YOUR fault for being unambitious! It's these newfangled kids who won't get over!

Raw64life

The first words out of Vince's mouth were "The Network is doing great, subscriptions are good". So then why believe anything else he was gonna say after that.

Sephzilla

It's pretty amazing how Vince blamed absolutely everyone else but himself and his cronies for the sad state of WWE right now. It's not Vince's or the booking or Creative's fault you aren't over, it's YOUR fault for being unambitious! It's these newfangled kids who won't get over!

Yeah, that struck me as the one undeniable "out of touch" moment for Vince during the podcast. It took Bryan a solid 8 months of constant cheering only to get put into the WM30 main event at the last minute. Cena gets booed out of half of the arenas he enters. Ziggler gets pretty solid pops these days and he'll probably get his most recent push slowed down too. Ambrose gets over and is rewarded with the Punkverse. Cesaro gets a roaring ovation at WM30 as a face and then gets his push slowly destroyed despite being pretty fucking over. Fuck, he even disbanded 3MB (who I think were decently over for their position on the card).

I'm about fifteen minutes into this podcast and I think I fundamentally disagree with literally everything Vince has said so far, haha. Like just flat out "nope, that's not correct."

Bowser

Is Steve doing a follow up podcast with Vince? Or is he just talking about this Network one from last night:

Steve Austin ‏@steveaustinBSR 5h5 hours ago
Just got back to the #brokenskullranch from Tulsa. Thanks @VinceMcMahon, @WWE, and @WWENetwork.
Safe travels to the next one.
@PodcastOne

Steve Austin ‏@steveaustinBSR 4h4 hours ago
#OneMoreRound #steveaustinshow w @VinceMcMahon will drop soon on @PodcastOne Details soon. #AudioWhoopAss

The one more round hashtag and "details soon" is throwing me off.

Ithil

NuRZfSX.jpg

He ain't buying it, Vince.

Very telling that Austin asked him twice to really consider if he is listening to the fans.

Has Steve done a podcast with Triple H yet?

Jericho has. They mostly talked about HHH's career, though, not WWE right now.

I don't want to sound like Vince, but fuck these millennials that talk shit about American soldiers who sacrifice their lives getting perks over your lazy pot smoking, video game playing asses.

*risk their lives*. the ones who sacrifice their lives aren't getting perks.

Xater

Is Steve doing a follow up podcast with Vince? Or is he just talking about this Network one from last night:

The one more round hashtag and "details soon" is throwing me off.

What is throwing you off? Seems like Vince agreed to do one more but this one will be on Podcast One and not the Network. I like this because it means Steve can kinda editorialize it at the beginning and the end and give some thoughts on the actual answers he got.

styl3s

Has anyone subbed to the NJPW stream site yet? Interested in the quality before i bite on it. Also, any suggestions on matches/ppvs to dive into?

Top Bottom