• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
You know, I was just thinking.

If we see Cesaro make some big push to be the guy that answer's Stone Cold's challenge, I would bet that part of the podcast where he challenged the roster and specifically mentioned Cesaro is a work.

Or maybe it's just part of me wishing we'd get something better with Cesaro.

I'd bet Cesaro gets endeavor'd in 2015.

Fox318

Here is where Vince was way off: You can't grab that brass ring unless he wants you to. Belee dat.

Even when you do grab the brass ring Cena politics him into the main event.

Ziggler got the pin tonight and Cena's music played the show off.

The company would be better off creatively if Cena retired.

strobogo

Banned
I'm willing to believe that Vince really does think it was terrible that Punk got fired on his wedding day, and really does believe it was an accident, because Vince McMahon publicly apologizing for anything is a pretty crazy thing to happen.

I also believe that despite being a huge control freak, there is a lot that goes on in his company that he isn't aware of. So someone might have sent those papers on purpose, but I don't think Vince had it done on purpose.

And what about Bryan? didn't he grab that ring?

No. Because they never wanted him to.

HHH intentionally fired Punk on his wedding day. There's no way around that. Vince said something about lawyers and whatnot being the problem, but the guy in charge of the hiring and firing is HHH.

Gonzalez

Banned
vm16fF0.gif

Better than TLC?

I hope RVD was the one that threw the chair.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can explain the "He's Swiss" thing - that's not as bad a thing as you guys are making it sound.

What it means is that their biggest market, America, generally doesn't know what being Swiss MEANS. That has no weight with us. It's like one of those "map of the world according to Americans" images. We don't have any connection with Switzerland. We don't know what is MEANS, it has no weight. It wasn't meant to be "He's shit, he's Swiss, I hate them" - it's a "Most people that are our audience don't see that as being anything in any way and doesn't do anything for his personality."

Some of you are just reaching so hard in trying to be the ultimate mark with hating Vince. Cmon now.

Also yes that Bayonetta battle IS a rape scene.

I can explain the "He's Swiss" thing - that's not as bad a thing as you guys are making it sound.

What it means is that their biggest market, America, generally doesn't know what being Swiss MEANS. That has no weight with us. It's like one of those "map of the world according to Americans" images. We don't have any connection with Switzerland. We don't know what is MEANS, it has no weight. It wasn't meant to be "He's shit, he's Swiss, I hate them" - it's a "Most people that are our audience don't see that as being anything in any way and doesn't do anything for his personality."

Some of you are just reaching so hard in trying to be the ultimate mark with hating Vince. Cmon now.

Which is why they started dressing him up in Germany's traditional colors to get him some good ol' fashioned anti-Germany heat.

Vince is old and out of touch. This is not hating him. It's the truth. And you could tell how insecure he was about it because he said he wasn't out of touch several times.

Heel

Vince McMahon is completely right about Cesaro. Dude has not connected to the audience beyond "he's so strong!"

Fox318

If Vince thinks his audience is that stupid he needs to change his target demo.

Are they going to buy things from advertisers?

Xater

I don't know why being Swiss needs to be a defining characteristic of the guy in the first place. It's totally irrelevant. Basically you proved that WWE is shit at creating characters if the nationality is important. Explains all the shitty Irish gimmicks right?

Sephzilla

Cesaro needs a Jason Statham silent ass kicker gimmick. It would mask his microphone deficiencies and probably help get him over.

Fox318

Vince McMahon is completely right about Cesaro. Dude has not connected to the audience beyond "he's so strong!"

They never let the dude talk except on the app and on PPV pre-shows.

They want to do something different with him? Have him do a run in on Cena with a chair instead of fucking Kane.

Sid

Overall I thought the interview was very good and definitely gave an insight into the psychology of Vince and WWE overall,I'm hoping that SCSA can continue the momentum on his podcast

While I haven't been keeping up with his other antics, I can't believe simplythebest said some dumb shit like that. That ban had me clapping.

Gonzalez

Banned
Why can't Cesaro just go back to his Swiss Million Dollar Man gimmick, and say "Heyyyyyy" a lot? That's probably the only time he was really truly unique.

Did he just forget he did all that stuff?

strobogo

Banned
I liked the part in the interview where Vince was talking about his demographics and clearly had to stop himself from saying "We have just as many negroes watch as white collar workers". You can see his brain stop and say, "Don't fucking say that on this live interview, Pal".

Fox318

Cesaro needs a Jason Statham silent ass kicker gimmick. It would mask his microphone deficiencies and probably help get him over.

Half of the fucking roster is like that. Look at fucking Luke Harper right now. Cesaro has the personality to do good.

They only give mic time to Bray, Ambrose, Cena, and Big Show.

All of which are fucking horrible.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If Vince thinks his audience is that stupid he needs to change his target demo.

Are they going to buy things from advertisers?

They are that stupid. I'm a reasonably intelligent guy. I'm not a mouthbreathing Neanderthal, and even I have no connection to what being Swiss is. It carries no weight.

Which is why they started dressing him up in Germany's traditional colors to get him some good ol' fashioned anti-Germany heat.

Which is better, because America can only assume horrible war criminals. Air raid siren? mhm mhm

/shakes head

It is, it absolutely is. You're FIGHTING someone who FUCKS you if you lose. Seriously that's rape.

What the fuck?

Swiss cheese!

Swatches!

Swiss Army Knife!

Maybe if Cesaro was the multi-tool for ANY issue, much like the APA were.

I don't know why being Swiss needs to be a defining characteristic of the guy in the first place. It's totally irrelevant. Basically you proved that WWE is shit at creating characters if the nationality is important. Explains all the shitty Irish gimmicks right?

I don't disagree with that!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
While I haven't been keeping up with his other antics, I can't believe simplythebest said some dumb shit like that. That ban had me clapping.

When I hear from someone, a part-time Gaffer (so to speak) show me that and say "This is why I don't come to GAF" it makes me sad, because Wrasslegaf is better than that. I want to stamp out this kind of bullshit.

I..does no one remember before WM and during WM? He was getting super hot before they paired him with Heyman and gave him the ambulance theme. All Heyman did was talk about Lesnar and keeping him a heel was a mistake.

Like he doesn't have great mic skills I'll agree but he's incredible in the ring and that's not just straight up wrestling, his mannerisms and physical charisma is great too.

This isn't even including his NXT stuff with Zayn which I think is a pretty good example of how he should be handled.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I..does no one remember before WM and during WM? He was getting super hot before they paired him with Heyman and gave him the ambulance theme. All Heyman did was talk about Lesnar and keeping him a heel was a mistake.

Like he doesn't have great mic skills I'll agree but he's incredible in the ring and that's not just straight up wrestling, his mannerisms and physical charisma is great too.

This isn't even including his NXT stuff with Zayn which I think is a pretty good example of how he should be handled.

For sure, but that missing piece is going to hold him back. I have faith he'll find it. He's best used as a babbyface though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hasn't WWE's recent thing been not about being over for a short period of time but actually staying over? How many big swings before the fans got sick of it? WWE's roster can't please their fans demands anymore, so it's near impossible for anyone to make it.

I really wish Stone Cold asked about the divas division on the podcast too. I want to hear him bullshit on that one. At least a reasonable question like why does NXT have a pretty great women's division that has decent story lines and really good matches that get plenty of time and Raw and Smackdown doesn't? It's three hours long. If in a 3 hour show, a 2 hour show and another 1 hour show you can't give women a match that lasts longer than 5 minutes you're doing something really wrong.

And that's not even getting into the writing for the divas division which is the fucking worst. And how the commentators just completely bury the division whenever they start a match by just using their quiet voices and chucking randomly.

Xater

I do and I absolutely agree with you. People in here immediately questioned why the fuck they would pair him up with Heyman. Apparently so did they but then they lost interest or had no good idea and he was lost in booking bullshit. He should have turned face on his own or become this great technical guy that destroys people in the ring and is a dick about it. Basically the exact opposite of the chicken shit heel Orton is.

Kaladin

I really wish Stone Cold asked about the divas division on the podcast too. I want to hear him bullshit on that one. At least a reasonable question like why does NXT have a pretty great women's division that has decent story lines and really good matches that get plenty of time and Raw and Smackdown doesn't? It's three hours long. If in a 3 hour show, a 2 hour show and another 1 hour show you can't give women a match that lasts longer than 5 minutes you're doing something really wrong.

And that's not even getting into the writing for the divas division which is the fucking worst. And how the commentators just completely bury the division whenever they start a match by just using their quiet voices and chucking randomly.

Problem with that is, there are only a handful of divas who can go more than five minutes in the ring and have it be enjoyable. None of them are named Bella.

Fox318

Vince gave you the strongest answer of the night with his first statement.

"Wrestling is what my dad did."
-Says the 69 year old Man with a look of disgust in his eyes.

Sephzilla

It is, it absolutely is. You're FIGHTING someone who FUCKS you if you lose. Seriously that's rape

1) you dont actually see anything sexual go on

2) bayonetta always loses her hair when she expends or loses a great deal of power

3) rodin smokes the entire fucking game. him smoking after doing Akuma's ultra attack is par for the course

There's only rape in that scene if you're one of those controversy mongers who needs to make something out of nothing
aka a poster on GAF
. There's as much implied rape in that instance as there is in a round of Street Fighter.

Ithil

Punk said that he almost dropped the title to db to feud with the rock. Db was always going to get a push, but i think punk leaving and the fans getting behind db made vince give him the main event of mania

But that's misrepresenting it. That wasn't about pushing Bryan, that was about having a heel champion for Rock to win the title from. The real push was for Cena vs Rock.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
1) you dont actually see anything sexual go on

2) bayonetta always loses her hair when she expends or loses a great deal of power

3) rodin smokes the entire fucking game. him smoking after doing Akuma's ultra attack is par for the course

There's only rape in that scene if you're one of those controversy mongers who needs to make something out of nothing
aka a poster on GAF
. There's as much implied rape in that instance as there is in a round of Street Fighter.

Rape's rape. I'm not going to try to excuse it because I enjoy a game.

UberTag

I'm willing to believe that Vince really does think it was terrible that Punk got fired on his wedding day, and really does believe it was an accident, because Vince McMahon publicly apologizing for anything is a pretty crazy thing to happen.

I also believe that despite being a huge control freak, there is a lot that goes on in his company that he isn't aware of. So someone might have sent those papers on purpose, but I don't think Vince had it done on purpose.
I agree with both of these assessments. This was entirely Triple H's doing.

Problem with that is, there are only a handful of divas who can go more than five minutes in the ring and have it be enjoyable. None of them are named Bella.

Nikki is legit. I like her finisher a lot. She doesn't have to be A+. Not sure on Brie. But I think the roster is good enough to at least have a couple of cool feuds. Paige and Emma could definitely start one that'd be great. Naomi and AJ would be neat too. You gotta get people interested before they'll give a damn.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's no rape there.

Please tell me you're joke posting. I really don't want to believe you're as thick headed as your namesake.

Hell, WWE has had more directly implied rape than Bayo 2.

I'll drop any further discussion of it, but I am 100% serious. Not trolling one bit. I truly feel that way.

ANYHOW - who will make a Vince SCSA Interview OT to battle Punk's? Is there's a full version out there, bootlegged on Dailymotion or an mp3 to show? I would do it but the fact of the matter is my user name is Vince McMahon.

Fox318

That was all on Hunter. He probably went to Vince and made the call.

Top Bottom