• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

jred2k

I'll drop any further discussion of it, but I am 100% serious. Not trolling one bit. I truly feel that way.

ANYHOW - who will make a Vince SCSA Interview OT to battle Punk's? Is there's a full version out there, bootlegged on Dailymotion or an mp3 to show? I would do it but the fact of the matter is my user name is Vince McMahon.

I guess you don't have the coyones.

Xater

I'll drop any further discussion of it, but I am 100% serious. Not trolling one bit. I truly feel that way.

ANYHOW - who will make a Vince SCSA Interview OT to battle Punk's? Is there's a full version out there, bootlegged on Dailymotion or an mp3 to show? I would do it but the fact of the matter is my user name is Vince McMahon.

I know it's out there but I just don't know if it's ok to link to it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Cagey

Banned
Vince McMahon is completely right about Cesaro. Dude has not connected to the audience beyond "he's so strong!"

The Texas Rattlesnake Stone Cold Steve Austin has said those same words live from the PodcastOne studios in Los Anguhlees, Californya. They don't wanna hear it.

Fox318

How many of the Cena kids stayed with the product through the years?

Like it or not right now being a fan of wrestling is taboo. Even Vince is ashamed of it.

They should just rename the company

World Sports Entertainment

Sephzilla

I think Cesaro being a Paul Heyman guy was a mistake, but Cesaro does need a mouth piece. In hindsight breaking up the Real Americans was definitely a mistake.

If they didn't break up the Real Americans we might have Cesaro vs Rusev right now in a battle of people who lost their first name

This thread gets really depressing when it turns into "LOOK AT PC GAF TURNING NOTHING INTO SOMETHING" like just..if you disagree disagree but don't pretend a lot of the responses in that thread weren't people dismissing every complaint, you know? (like, I mean, fuck. I could make a GAF HIVEMIND post too with all the people saying that it's just something people are looking to be offended at, PC gone too far, etc etc)

Also the podcast should be up on itunes or whatever Austin uses soon shouldn't it? Probably safer to wait until that version.

Ithil

As expected, Meltzer totally went in on Vince on the WON, calling out pretty much everything Vince said as bullshit. Which it was.

The one he really ripped Vince for was the insane ideas of a "brass ring" that he claimed only Cena has grabbed, and everyone else has no ambition and no drive. How can anyone get over when they're scripted by 26 writers and controlled at every turn, and if you do "think outside the box and get yourself over" like Zack Ryder you get crushed for it because it wasn't the WWE's idea.
Or how can you get over when you're booked as being lower than their "chosen guys"?

What an endorsement of your roster. Blame them for your horrible scripted promos and even steven booking not getting them over.

Alucard

Banned
While ya'll were watching Raw last night, I was watching and reviewing the latest ROH episode. Check out the review below, friends.

Ring of Honor Wrestling Results and Review November 29, 2014: Matt Sydal and Adam Cole Tune Up for Final Battle:
http://www.wrestleenigma.com/ring-o...-sydal-and-adam-cole-tune-up-for-final-battle

ROH167.jpg

Featuring:
-Cheeseburger vs. QT Marshall (fun opener and a Jay Briscoe run-in)
-Adam Page vs. Aaron Solo (hype for Page vs. Strong @ Final Battle)
-Matt Sydal vs. Adam Cole (very good match with a bunch of run-ins to hype Final Battle at the very end)

GIFS

Matt Sydal almost kills himself.
Matt-Sydal-Dive.gif

Adam Page almost kills Aaron Solo. This move needs to be in the same discussion as The Styles Clash.
Adam-Page-Guillotine-Driver.gif

A flying Cheeseburger.
CheeseburgerDive.gif

A fun episode going into the Final Battle preview show which is scheduled for next week.

Kaladin

Nikki is legit. I like her finisher a lot. She doesn't have to be A+. Not sure on Brie. But I think the roster is good enough to at least have a couple of cool feuds. Paige and Emma could definitely start one that'd be great. Naomi and AJ would be neat too. You gotta get people interested before they'll give a damn.

Nikki can be a good heel, but I don't know about in the ring as much. My list of divas that would be able to produce a quality fifteen minute match in the ring would be: AJ, Paige, Alicia Fox, Emma, Nattie and that's about it. There may be others on the main roster, but I don't know....Layla maybe if she still gives a fuck. Wait till Charlotte comes up to the main roster, I think they could have something great in her.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This thread gets really depressing when it turns into "LOOK AT PC GAF TURNING NOTHING INTO SOMETHING" like just..if you disagree disagree but don't pretend a lot of the responses in that thread weren't people dismissing every complaint, you know? (like, I mean, fuck. I could make a GAF HIVEMIND post too with all the people saying that it's just something people are looking to be offended at, PC gone too far, etc etc)

Also the podcast should be up on itunes or whatever Austin uses soon shouldn't it? Probably safer to wait until that version.

That's really a good part of being a community. You hear from people you somewhat know about why they feel how they feel. If I sound insane, I expect someone to call me out on it and tell me why I'm crazy for it - and vice versa. These aren't drive-by posters, but members of our community we do care about, except for racist simplythebest.

Penguin

As expected, Meltzer totally went in on Vince on the WON, calling out pretty much everything Vince said as bullshit. Which it was.

The one he really ripped Vince for was the insane ideas of a "brass ring" that he claimed only Cena has grabbed, and everyone else has no ambition and no drive. How can anyone get over when they're scripted by 26 writers and controlled at every turn, and if you do "think outside the box and get yourself over" like Zack Ryder you get crushed for it because it wasn't the WWE's idea.
Or how can you get over when you're booked as being lower than their "chosen guys"?

What an endorsement of your roster. Blame them for your horrible scripted promos and even steven booking not getting them over.

Reminds me, the one thing I thought Austin was gonna call him on when he mentioned people walking around with papers in his hand was the nature of canned and scripted promos.

Alucard

Banned
Nikki can be a good heel, but I don't know about in the ring as much. My list of divas that would be able to produce a quality fifteen minute match in the ring would be: AJ, Paige, Alicia Fox, Emma, Nattie and that's about it. There may be others on the main roster, but I don't know....Layla maybe if she still gives a fuck. Wait till Charlotte comes up to the main roster, I think they could have something great in her.

I got your package yesterday. Thanks a lot!

Sephzilla

That's really a good part of being a community. You hear from people you somewhat know about why they feel how they feel. If I sound insane, I expect someone to call me out on it and tell me why I'm crazy for it - and vice versa. These aren't drive-by posters, but members of our community we do care about, except for racist simplythebest.

I feel more comfortable talking about gaming side GAF issues here in WrassleGAF than I do in the actual threads. For example, that Bayonetta thread feels like it's ban bait to me and thus I'm staying out of it. And here we're usually safe from some of the more ban-happy mods.

Like it or not right now being a fan of wrestling is taboo. Even Vince is ashamed of it.

Or Sports Entertainment Xtreme, to pull that chestnut back.

Xater

I'd cut Fox from that list, possibly even Emma.

Kaladin

I've seen Alicia Fox work on NXT, she has room to improve, but she can do longer matches. I wish they hadn't called Emma up so soon, she still has room for improvement, but can wrestle.

Sephzilla

So what's the current over/under on New Day staying together? As of right now I think their expiration date is Royal Rumble.

I've seen Alicia Fox work on NXT, she has room to improve, but she can do longer matches. I wish they hadn't called Emma up so soon, she still has room for improvement, but can wrestle.

I agree with the bolded names sticking around. The rest of the WWE Divas division needs to be jettisoned immediately. AJ can work, she's not the greatest but she's not bad. Put her with more talented Divas and she'll be fine. Paige, Emma, and Nattie have all proven they can work. Alicia Fox was a late bloomer but she's had some good matches.

Gonzalez

Banned
That Marufuji/Sekimoto match was great

Sekimoto could have a real big future though it seems hard to be a big name in Japan now if you're not in NJPW. Unless you want to stick to comedy matches. Hopefully they can bring him in for G1 next year instead of Honma and let him wrassle Goto and Shibata.

Sekimoto is really super talented. I'd say he has to be the best worker in the world easily. The way he can connect with a crowd with just basic wrestling holds like camel clutches, and simple body slams is awe inspiring. Shame he wasn't born taller. He'd be a modern day Kobashi right now if he was 5'9. Still I can totally see him as a head trainer of a major wrestling companies dojo teaching young lions how to work a crowd eventually.

Fox318

Outside of 3 divas and the NXT Female wrestlers.

The rest are there for a reality show.

Wrestling today isn't even booked as a fight like it used to be. Its a poorly choreographed dance with a certain number of predetermined spots.

Guys are swapable and have no personality and the only objective is to sell brightly colored shirts to the kids of trailer park white trash.

Kaladin

Wrestling today isn't even booked as a fight like it used to be. Its a poorly choreographed dance with a certain number of predetermined spots.

Guys are swapable and have no personality and the only objective is to sell brightly colored shirts to the kids of trailer park white trash.

T1kQYx2.gif

And for the boys in the back.

Meltzer made the same comment about how wrestling is now booked to feel like a dance or performance rather than a fight.

That's a wrestling legend, damn it, and you will show some respect!

Ithil

20140406_WM30_LIGHT_HP_CesarAndreCup1.jpg

"We listen to our fans"

wwe-royal-rumble-2014-daniel-bryan-yes-crowd.jpg

"It's never about what I want, it's about what the fans want"

05_MITB_07172011cm_1794_crop_north.jpg

"The last person to grab that brass ring was John Cena. The millennials have no ambition, no drive."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've been saying that for years. And it's a lot of wrestling, not just WWE. WWE is just more noticeable because they're so scheduled on time that everything needs to be planned to the last detail in advance. Now that's fine for some styles of wrestlers(Hell, that's what Steamboat/Savage was), but it shouldn't be that way for all wrestlers. My biggest problem with WWE is that every match feels the same, like the same guy was responsible for it because it's all stuff they learned in NXT/FCW/DSW which all came from a lot of the same trainers.

The last proper vicious looking match I remember in WWE was Brock/Punk at Summerslam. And that's likely because Punk's hard headed enough to want to do things his way rather than the Agent's and Brock's part time enough and has other experiences to draw from that he uses to help set up the match.

Kaladin

I almost forgot, Vince completely buried the title too. Saying that feuds are never about the belt, they're about the story around the wrestlers. The belt is there, and sometimes it's a factor, but it isn't a huge thing.

Aiii

So not worth it
Nikki is legit. I like her finisher a lot. She doesn't have to be A+. Not sure on Brie. But I think the roster is good enough to at least have a couple of cool feuds. Paige and Emma could definitely start one that'd be great. Naomi and AJ would be neat too. You gotta get people interested before they'll give a damn.

I gave up hoping for this. I mistakenly looked forward to Nikki vs. AJ too, and look at what they did there.

I already gave up on Raw, January can't come fast enough.

iMax

I almost forgot, Vince completely buried the title too. Saying that feuds are never about the belt, they're about the story around the wrestlers. The belt is there, and sometimes it's a factor, but it isn't a huge thing.

I do agree with him on that one.

Sephzilla

I was hoping Austin was going to mention how Bryan lost the title due to inactivity but Brock has been able to keep the belt and not wrestle for months.

I do agree with him on that one.

I don't. I miss when championship feuds were actually about the championship.

Fox318

Did Cena really grab the ring?

Wasn't he pushed because they let Angle go because they thought he would be the next Eddie?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think I've heard the term millennials used outside of surveys and such.

No? They're fucking horrible at my place of employment.

I did find out that calling a millenial a millenial makes them so goddamned mad, I love it. Fuck millenials.

Aiii

So not worth it
Did Cena really grab the ring?

Wasn't he pushed because they let Angle go because they thought he would be the next Eddie?

Before the rapping gimmick he was just another guy, he wasn't their chosen boy, your argument works better for Orton, I think.

UberTag

"World Wrestling Entertainment" hasn't existed for at least half a decade. There's nothing to rename. It's just WWE, Inc.

The only element of the brand that still has an identification with that awful, monstrous, filthy word "wrestling" is Wrestlemania.
Vince would rename it too if it wouldn't be such a disastrous business decision to do so.

Ithil

For basically every "face of the company" after Hogan, the guy that ended up being the top guy wasn't WWE's original choice.
Bret, Shawn, Austin, even Cena, they had someone else in mind who failed at that role.

Reigns is next to fail in that spot

DMczaf

Seriously, how does the roster recover from having the owner of your company out right say "you ain't shit and will probably never be shit" to your entire fan base last night?

They'll probably just continue to be scared chicken shits, collecting a paycheck while saying "Yes sir." to everything they are given.

Sephzilla

For basically every "face of the company" after Hogan, the guy that ended up being the top guy wasn't WWE's original choice.
Bret, Shawn, Austin, even Cena, they had someone else in mind who failed at that role.

Reigns is next to fail in that spot

Pretty sure Vince had a hard on for HBK for a long time though, didn't he?

I'm also pretty sure Vince had Cena pegged from really early on, I think Vince figured the Prototype gimmick would get him there though.

Bret, Austin, and Rock were definitely faces of the company he didn't count on.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously, how does the roster recover from having the owner of your company out right say "you ain't shit and will probably never be shit" to your entire fan base last night?

They'll probably just continue to be the scared chicken shits that they are, collecting a paycheck while saying "Yes sir." to everything they are given.

Either they double down and bust ass, or accelerate their own demise.

Vince burying the rest of the roster is GOOD for the roster. Giving them motivation to bust their ass, and telling them that just being there is not enough.

Ithil

Pretty sure Vince had a hard on for HBK for a long time though, didn't he?

I'm also pretty sure Vince had Cena pegged from really early on, I think Vince figured the Prototype gimmick would get him there though.

Not at all. Orton was Vince's choice, not Cena. Cena was going nowhere, close to getting cut before he did the rap gimmick once and Stephanie told him to make it his gimmick all the time.

WWE also picked Diesel, not HBK. Again, HBK and Cena not being their original choice doesn't mean they didn't run with them after they changed their minds, because of course they did. But they were the "second choice" and the guy they were 100% certain was the guy was not the guy at all.

DMczaf

I like how Nash continues to say HBK sabotaged him at WM11 by stealing the show.

Motherfucker, you were in the match too. You could have done something!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You live the gimmick too much sometimes Vince. I worry.

I'm 34 years old, I hate these goddamn kids. No work ethic. I say this as management at my job. A lot of people don't like to admit it but the wave of parenting that told ever kid they're special and deserve special treatment makes the world a cold, hard place to people who have been coddled.

Top Bottom