• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Fox318

e.gif

True or false, Shane was the best non-wrestler-wrestler in WWE history

The answer is always true.

tumblr_mmwlqjlALM1ql0k28o1_500.png

Did you see that bump Kathey Lee took?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Are you telling me Undertaker of all people picked that meathead to end his streak?

"Of course not, I made that decision"
I love how Austin stared right through Vince when he said that Macho Man would be in the HOF. As shown by Ithil above^.

In a sort of twisted way you almost have to give most improved Wrassler of the year to AJ. It's not like he did poorly in 2013 or anything, just that he's likely the best wrestler in the entire world this year.

I don't think I'd ever really say most improved. AJ has always been pretty damn solid, if anything, he should be up for Wrestler of the Year in general.

LMAO ROWAN/SHOW IS A FIRST TIME EVER STEEL STAIRS MATCH

tumblr_n6iqmlbV9P1saykaxo1_400.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's kind of weird how easily I can pinpoint the 'best eras/gimmick' of a wrestlers career. You'd think there would be some with multiples, but everyone has their peak, and it's always really obvious.

Scott Steiner might be an exception though. Because I dig loose cannon Scott Steiner with a lead pipe almost as much as tag team wrassler Scott Steiner.

strobogo

Banned
It's kind of weird how easily I can pinpoint the 'best eras/gimmick' of a wrestlers career. You'd think there would be some with multiples, but everyone has their peak, and it's always really obvious.

Scott Steiner might be an exception though. Because I dig loose cannon Scott Steiner with a lead pipe almost as much as tag team wrassler Scott Steiner.

Not always. Austin has 3 different eras you could say were his best. Kurt also has two pretty distinct ones that I think people could pick out.

strobogo

Banned
Just digging around on NJPW World and it already looks better than the Network. I'll have to sign up just before WK I think.

At his current state, Cesaro could be at a Dean Malenko position at best. Except WWF doesn't do Dean Malenko/Arn Anderson type positions, so I don't think there's anywhere for Cesar to go, and I don't blame WWE at all for that.

I'd love to see Malenko/Arn positions in WWE.

Fuck, redo Main Event as the Malenko Arn Hour and I'd tune in every week to see tough fuckers go hammer and tongs at each other for respect.

But Vince and 26 writers can't even do one single show a week that isn't a complete mess? They can't sit down and have basic plan for the next six months that they can consult when they say "what will happen on RAW this week (that is, in 20 minutes when it starts because we are on our 40th rewrite of RAW this week)"?

Do they really have 26 writers? That can't be right, even with 6 hours of content a week that seems like a lot of writers, they must be part time at most. Would cost them a fucking fortune!

So, uh, did Vince say that Stone Cold had some part in JR getting fired? Did I hear that right last night?

He remarked that Steve was at the same event that Vince found JR's behaviour unacceptable, I don't think he was inferring that Steve was at fault.

Kaladin

Didn't even notice that while I watched. Steve had some amazing self control.

He started losing it towards the end though, he started trying to visibly wrap Vince up when he was telling his story about Austin / McMahon because they were short on time. They cut the camera off him quickly when he did that.

One of my favorite parts was at the end when Stone Cold asked how fans could give their opinion on what they want and Vince says be a part of the audience and they're on social media and Steve just says to send Vince tweets directly. Then Vince makes that "ah damn it" face.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
who is that goddess that people keep quoting? o_O

smackdown spoiler!

* Santino Marella kicks off SmackDown with a promo and reveals that he will be this week's guest General Manager.

uh huh

One of my favorite parts was at the end when Stone Cold asked how fans could give their opinion on what they want and Vince says be a part of the audience and they're on social media and Steve just says to send Vince tweets directly. Then Vince makes that "ah damn it" face.

i3gs0e5ZkgRvF.gif

Fox318

Is there a story why they made a new day lose in that tag match?

Did they really do it for a Total Divas story?

They spent all of that fucking money and time promoting the new group only to debut them on smackdown and to make them lose to Cesaro (whom the company thinks has no future because he wasn't born in a north east trailer park. )

They spent all of that fucking money and time promoting the new group only to debut them on smackdown and to make them lose to Cesaro (whom the company thinks has no future because he wasn't born in a north east trailer park. )

They beat the Brother and long time tag-team of Golide and Starry, but lose to a team that was thrown together at the last minute, which ultimately ended up losing anyways.

I have no clue what they're even doing with these guys. Who can they possibly even feud with?

strobogo

Banned

Anything can happen in the WWF.

somedevil

They did it so they can feud with Rhodes Brothers. When they debuted on Smackdown the Rhodes mentioned them in a promo. Then on Raw they distracted them to lose. Then this happened on Smackdown:

Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston vs. Tyson Kidd and Cesaro is next. Big E and Natalya are at ringside. New Day wins after a double team move that saw Woods come down with a diving stomp. Stardust and Goldust appeared on the big screen after the match. They ran down the positive message that New Day sends.

So they will probably have a match at TLC. Plus Vince doesn't like Cesaro because of Charisma. Plus I didn't know the Rock came from a trailer park?

You guys are upset that New Day bucked the trend of "brand new tag team immediately gets elevated to #1 contender" and instead the WWE is running multiple concurrent tag storylines?

Top Bottom