• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
4stro:

1661356_310605449141259_850716571_n.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Armstrongs are the Curtis Axels of WCW. Every time they show up on Worldwide or Pro Wrestling I'm immediately bored, but the commentators continue to talk about how great they are because they do dropkicks and suplexes. The no-name jobbers they beat are more interesting than them.

Pretend I posted a picture of some hot girl

nutted but she/he still suckin

Vince is such a candid bullshitter. I believe he's being honest because he believes his own lies.

That's the impression I got as well, for the first chunk of the podcast at least. So many mixed signals, what do you want your talent to do to prove that they want this..? What more can they do without coming off as entitled millennials? and really? Only Cena? Cesaro isn't/wasn't over?
Nonsense.

strobogo

Banned
The Armstrongs are the Curtis Axels of WCW. Every time they show up on Worldwide or Pro Wrestling I'm immediately bored, but the commentators continue to talk about how great they are because they do dropkicks and suplexes. The no-name jobbers they beat are more interesting than them.

This...is pretty accurate.

nutted but she/he still suckin

That's the impression I got as well, for the first chunk of the podcast at least. So many mixed signals, what do you want your talent to do to prove that they want this..? What more can they do without coming off as entitled millennials? and really? Only Cena? Cesaro isn't/wasn't over?
Nonsense.

I like that he essentially pretended like Batista and Orton haven't meant shit.

I'm 34 years old, I hate these goddamn kids. No work ethic. I say this as management at my job. A lot of people don't like to admit it but the wave of parenting that told ever kid they're special and deserve special treatment makes the world a cold, hard place to people who have been coddled.

Getting flashbacks to a conversation with my Dad 20 years ago.

When I hear from someone, a part-time Gaffer (so to speak) show me that and say "This is why I don't come to GAF" it makes me sad, because Wrasslegaf is better than that. I want to stamp out this kind of bullshit.
That fucking sucks :(

Hope you showed them that he got banned for it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just signed up for NJPW World and my CC was declined - I think - due to them thinking it may be fraud. Motherfuckin' country-ass banks. I have no other options since they don't take Paypal.

I just signed up for NJPW World and my CC was declined - I think - due to them thinking it may be fraud. Motherfuckin' country-ass banks. I have no other options since they don't take Paypal.

Yeah, I saw some people saying they had to phone their bank to get them to authorize the payment.

Incidentally, title suggestions for the NJPW World OT? Also, do I put it in community or off-topic?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Holy hell WCW.

Ok so Japanese female wrestler #1 comes out to this theme And you're sitting there thinking, 'wooow, that's really stereotypical music.' but you figure that's that... And then Japanese female wrestler #2 comes out to this theme.

"is that-- it is! It's Ralph Macchio!"

The other thing about Cesaro being not so good on the mic is a load of shit as well. Because, guess what? In this day and age a face doesn't need to be even be all that good on the mic. He was clearly prepped for a face turn following his WM moment and they pulled the rug right out from under him by turning him heel and having Paul Heyman talk about Brock Lesnar right next to him to the point of making him irrelevant.

I still remember being so excited when Paul came out. Cesaro got a massive pop at Mania, nobody thought he was gonna win it, shared the ring with Hogan the next night, so goood. Talking about Brock and never hyping up Cesaro, while making him work Heel and drop the swing all together was pretty fucking stupid. Even if he isn't good on the mic, how is he, or most anyone in the back supposed to be, when they aren't given the time to do so? Vince said he listens to the people, but never said that their voice mattered, because it doesn't. They stopped Ziggler countless, times, ruined Bray, halted Dean etc; Even Punk and Bryan. These are guys who can be merch monsters, they can carry a brand when Cena is gone either for good, or a film or injury. At least until the younger guard start to come up.

Maybe Vince is just afraid of a New Generation repeat. Losing all that talent and having to rely on what little he had. The roster today is probably as talented and strong as it's ever been in terms of being able to put on a great show, but their names are meaningless if they can't build a name.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Nonsense.
The other thing about Cesaro being not so good on the mic is a load of shit as well. Because, guess what? In this day and age a face doesn't need to be even be all that good on the mic. He was clearly prepped for a face turn following his WM moment and they pulled the rug right out from under him by turning him heel and having Paul Heyman talk about Brock Lesnar right next to him to the point of making him irrelevant.

House show advertisement for February 14th, 2015 in Tampa, FL:

WWE Road to Wrestlemania

Show Date/Time: | February 14, 2015 at 7:30PM

World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) action returns to Amalie Arena - Who will leave Tampa as Champion on the Road to WrestleMania? WWE Superstars scheduled to appear include Roman Reigns, "Apex Predator" Randy Orton, "World's Largest Athlete" The Big Show, Kane, Bray Wyatt, WWE Tag Team Champions The Miz & Damien Mizdow, the WWE Divas and more! (Card is subject to change.)

Thanks for pointing this out. I was considering getting tickets for this house show and the following RAW in Orlando, but will probably skip this considering who is on the card.

joelseph

Have fun with another service, I'm giving King of Queens complete for Christmas. 4555 minutes of Kevin James. There's your entertainment.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Schiavonne and Heenan are actually having a real good back and forth on this Worldwide. I am very pleasantly surprised.

Have fun with another service, I'm giving King of Queens complete for Christmas. 4555 minutes of Kevin James. There's your entertainment.

Jokes on you, thats also 4555 minutes of Leah Remini

Speaking of dancing and singing black wrestlers, here's R Truth on Main Event

Truth-and-Xavier-dancing.gif

Reposting this for people who weren't up super late last night

The best tag team break up ever (that no one saw because it was on Superstars)

"big guy..? -looks around as if hearing the voice of god-"

hamchan

Just got NJPW World and starting on G1. Okada/Styles from Night 1 is awesome.

Also thinking of signing up to NJPW World after that RAW and after everyone saying how great NJPW is.

So the way NJPW works is mostly through occasional big tournaments rather than a weekly show like WWE?

strobogo

Banned
AJ/Okada was the best match of the whole G1 to me, and it was a tournament full of fucking dope matches from Nak/Okada/AJ/Tanahashi.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
In a sort of twisted way you almost have to give most improved Wrassler of the year to AJ. It's not like he did poorly in 2013 or anything, just that he's likely the best wrestler in the entire world this year.

Top Bottom