• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

RP912

Banned
Punk even said he doesn't understand why they can only be 3 top guys, why can't everyone be used to their potential. Ryder was popular and surely selling Merch leads to more money but WWE doesn't want anyone but the top guys doing that.

Stifling your own roster is why they are shit.

God forbid the WWE actually gives fans *gasps* OPTIONS of superstars to enjoy and actually use their roster to it's advantage.

You have 3 hours of raw, 1 hour of main event, 2 hours of smackdown, 1 hour of superstars, and you still use the same set of wrestlers throughout the program.

Cagey

Banned
He still needs to buy his solid gold house, and rocket car before it's time for him to forgo his babyface merch money.

In a Universe without Jacksonville Waffle House employees, Heel Cena will be the #1 seller in the company by a mile. Demographic shifts breh.

bjork

Honestly, the one thing that sticks out to me about the whole thing is the rebranding of young guys. A guy makes a persona and gets over enough elsewhere to get noticed and signed, then they cut that persona down and stick the dude with a dumb name and a slap on the ass. Even if it's a goofy persona, if it's the person's creation, wouldn't they be more inclined to try and make it a thing?

I mean, I get that they want their own trademarks, but it's stupid. Companies will just sell DVDs of the guy with "WWE superstar formerly known as" taglines, and the dudes actively talking about their renames on twitter and shit, what is the WWE actually accomplishing with this theory? If they released Sami Zayn today, it's not like he's going to beg for rights to that name, and they haven't hurt his indie drawing power at all. Unless this is all leading to a storyline with nxt dudes taking over and being like 'fuck no, I am el generico, this is KENTA" etc. in a fight against HHH and some oldheads like Orton.

Cagey

Banned
Honestly, the one thing that sticks out to me about the whole thing is the rebranding of young guys. A guy makes a persona and gets over enough elsewhere to get noticed and signed, then they cut that persona down and stick the dude with a dumb name and a slap on the ass. Even if it's a goofy persona, if it's the person's creation, wouldn't they be more inclined to try and make it a thing?

I mean, I get that they want their own trademarks, but it's stupid. Companies will just sell DVDs of the guy with "WWE superstar formerly known as" taglines, and the dudes actively talking about their renames on twitter and shit, what is the WWE actually accomplishing with this theory? If they released Sami Zayn today, it's not like he's going to beg for rights to that name, and they haven't hurt his indie drawing power at all. Unless this is all leading to a storyline with nxt dudes taking over and being like 'fuck no, I am el generico, this is KENTA" etc. in a fight against HHH and some oldheads like Orton.

Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose haven't had any issues.

I do think that, as time goes on and there's ever-more social media involvement, it appears sillier.

jred2k

B38bup-CYAE-I13.jpg:large

Goddamn does Steve ever look like a bumpkin.

Xater

Looks like there is an announcement on the NJPW World website that they worked on or are working on videos not working for some people.

I know you guys like a good lariatoooooo and this certainly qualifies;

MqqjUvt.gif

The Never Ending Story is one of the few things that's worse than Michael Hayes

I didn't realise this was an actual opinion until the internet, where you can find someone to hate everything, even a beloved children's classic. Don't tell me you hate Time Bandits as well, 'cause that, the Never Ending Story and Back to the Future are like my whole childhood :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well Time Bandits is too Euro for me, but considering some of the shit that comes out of Sephzilla's mouth, you can't really be too upset with him not understanding the majesty and glory of the first Neverending Story.

And goddamn does Artax die EARLY in that movie too. I always remembered it as being a later thing, but it's like seriously the first 20 mins.

an aside, I always wanted to grow up to look and act like Griff from BTTF2. I'm mostly there.

MqqjUvt.gif

I didn't realise this was an actual opinion until the internet, where you can find someone to hate everything, even a beloved children's classic. Don't tell me you hate Time Bandits as well, 'cause that, the Never Ending Story and Back to the Future are like my whole childhood :(
Time Bandits has an ending that really upsets me

Sephzilla

Back to the Future is amazing and is one of the greatest movie trilogies of all time - I'm also pretty sure that it's also the last pre-2000 movie trilogy that hasn't been shit on by the 21st century.

Never Ending Story was ruined by watching it when I was old enough to actually grasp the concept of decent story telling. It's a movie that tries too damn hard and has entire segments that straight up don't make much sense.

MqqjUvt.gif

JBL be jizzing over that move!!!

BttF 2 my favorite from the series

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Back to the Future is amazing and is one of the greatest movie trilogies of all time - I'm also pretty sure that it's also the last pre-2000 movie trilogy that hasn't been shit on by the 21st century.

Never Ending Story was ruined by watching it when I was old enough to actually grasp the concept of decent story telling. It's a movie that tries too damn hard and has entire segments that straight up don't make much sense.

Those Telltale games didn't do BTTF any favors. Nice effort, but they shouldn't have really tried.

Wonder how far off Lego BTTF is.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just get this and be happy:

lego-delorean-jul13-m.jpg

Although the Ghostbusters Ecto-1 is definitely better.

Children's toys? Must be a generational gap, I have no love for legos.
paging ElPescado

Those Telltale games didn't do BTTF any favors. Nice effort, but they shouldn't have really tried.

Wonder how far off Lego BTTF is.

The best thing about those games were the art style and character designs, other than that... pretty bleh.

I don't think I even made it past episode 3. Although it could be I'm just not a huge Telltale guy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The best thing about those games were the art style and character designs, other than that... pretty bleh.

I don't think I even made it past episode 3. Although it could be I'm just not a huge Telltale guy.

Them shits just weren't fun. Felt the same about the TT Monkey Island stuff too. They don't make great games all that often.

Striker

Ryder sucks. Not good in ring or mic.
Sandow and Fandango are way too stupid of a gimmick to get to the next level.
Cesaro? Well can't help you there because Vince thinks he has zero charisma.
Wyatt is still too early to give up. He got Cena'd but he'll bounce back.
Ziggler is hanging on. Just stop complaining on twitter.
There's no reason why several guys can stay in the midcard and stay fresh. Instead, they're doing the same damn thing and wrestling the same opponents on a weekly basis. Sandow's Intellectual Savior gimmick was not main event material, and that's fine, but they botched his MitB win and booking after.

I like Goto more as a tag team member than his singles work. His finisher is still one of my favorites in NJPW as well, just because it is. I like it, and I like his team with Shibeater.

I've been a Goto mark since 2011 when it looked like they were finally going to give him a main event run and have him win the gold over Kojima in the Dome, but they ducked out at the last second and gave the shot to good ol' Cenahashi. I really hope they give him at least a 1-2 month pity run with the title in the coming year, he doesn't even have to win on his first defense, just give the guy a chance. Even so, I expect he and Shibata take the belts from the BC at WK9.

jmdajr

I never saw the Never Ending Story as a kid because I thought that the movie was infinitely long.

'I ain't got time for that."

for real

jmdajr

There's no reason why several guys can stay in the midcard and stay fresh. Instead, they're doing the same damn thing and wrestling the same opponents on a weekly basis. Sandow's Intellectual Savior gimmick was not main event material, and that's fine, but they botched his MitB win and booking after.

Sure that's fair. Guess we need more talent to mix it up.

RP912

Banned
Why these carny fucks making it hard for me to break commitment? They suppose to send me a email to help cancel out of the network, and it's been a few hours already :/.

I want to cancel before they charge me tomorrow :(

Heel

Why don't you come carry me through a Nightfall friend?

In the process of getting a refund on the expansion and driving to GameStop to wash my hands of the game entirely.

Read the Game Informer article in the thread. The game is insulting and I will not support its existence.

DESTINY CAN STICK IT.

Top Bottom