• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

UberTag

John Cena @JohnCena · 44m 44 minutes ago

The #StoneColdPodcast w/ @VinceMcMahon was legit. Agree with @steveaustinBSR that it's time 2 step up, WWE. #WWENetwork

Good luck with that fuckers!
Cena's such a troll. He's like the ringmaster of Vince's circus, dangling a brass ring up above a group of midget clowns and saying, "you can be just like me if you can grab this". Then he holds it just out of reach while they leap up like idiots. They fall down and make fools of themselves. He offers them reassurance and says, "You can grab this ring, too. See I'm grabbing it right now."

Then one of the midget clowns - one with a big 'ole beard - latches onto the ring, smiles and looks all proud of himself. Cena pats his head and then drops a piano on him. "You weren't supposed to let go of the ring! Awww, too bad."

Aiii

So not worth it
That's part of the whole risk deal. Vince will forgive some. Punk was a jerk and he never fired him. Flabby jumped ship.

If you don't want people to be pissed off at you, then don't piss anyone off.

In any real world scenario, if you attain success, you will piss others off. The road to fortune and glory is built on the bodies of others. People and their feelings HAVE to be sacrificed to get ahead. Those that can work with people, even pissed, are the ones who have what it takes.

Yeah, they're not talking about pissing of others, they're talking about pissing off Vince, Triple H, Kevin Dunn, people in creative.

You know, those same people that will then put you on the pre-show and have you lose to Los Matadores in 2 minutes with a roll-up to make sure you never ever try anything like that again, those people.

If getting over in WWE was as easy as grabbing the brass ring, last January they wouldn't have been planning Batista vs. Randy Orton as the Mania main event, all up until they literally had no other choice because the crowds were damn near rioting for Bryan to get a push. And I'm 100% certain it would have been a token 2-month run and back to the midcard for Bryan after that.

Bryan had two fucking hands on that brass ring and they were still not intending to push him, fuck whatever Vince McMahon claims, he's lying his ass off.

Re-signed or resigned?

Re-signed. He's sticking around because WWE doesn't want him, he doesn't like ROH (or at least doesn't like how they don't want to pay him everything), and if he goes to Japan he probably ends up like Misawa

Angel confirmed to have a shitty, uneventful end to his career that no one will care about. Hopefully he's still well enough that he can go back on his word and get a real retirement match after whatever the hell he signed is done with.

It's at least a year, which means at least one more injury. WWE was worried about his health when they let him go, and that was when he was healthy compared to now. He's never passing a physical to do a match in WWE again.

RP912

Banned
Smh these damn carnies are fighting to the death to not make me cancel out of my commitment. Pulling every trick in the book.

jmdajr

Vince must have wanted to fire Shawn everyday back then but he fucking couldn't. Now it's a whole new ball game. You have to convince Vince 100% that you can be close to Cena level if he is going to put up with your bullshit. He put up with Punk's crap so I am sure there will be others too. That list is gonna be fucking short but that's the risk if you want to make it to the top. Otherwise midcard or comedy sideshow for life.

Gonzalez

Banned
I'm watching Jingle All The Way 2

Next year I'd like to see a wwe version of Christmas Vacation, Dusty Rhodes to play Clark Griswald.

Do Arnold, Big Show, Sinbad, or Little Annie make cameos? Are there references to Turboman? Are there any one-liners equally as good as "Put the cookie down"?

Goddammit this might be the most interesting project by the WWE in years that I'm excited for.

bjork

Maybe it was Cena's way of saying "I'm fucking tired and I want a day off, someone release me from this endless torture, even *I* hate hearing my dumbass theme song. You only hear it once a week, sometimes twice. I hear it every day!"

Aiii

So not worth it
Vince must have wanted to fire Shawn everyday back then but he fucking couldn't. Now it's a whole new ball game. You have to convince Vince 100% that you can be close to Cena level if he is going to put up with your bullshit. He put up with Punk's crap so I am sure there will be others too. That list is gonna be fucking short but that's the risk if you want to make it to the top. Otherwise midcard or comedy sideshow for life.

Punk never got a shot at Cena's spot either.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know if that tweet went out and the roster had the 80s/90s mentality, somebody would get released today because they'd probably punch Cena in the fucking face.

But they don't have that mentality, and that's why no one is getting pushed. Everyone is scared of their overlords.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Hell no, he loved Shawn's attitude and would seemingly go along with most of what that coke addled idiot proposed.

jmdajr

Yeah, they're not talking about pissing of others, they're talking about pissing off Vince, Triple H, Kevin Dunn, people in creative.

You know, those same people that will then put you on the pre-show and have you lose to Los Matadores in 2 minutes with a roll-up to make sure you never ever try anything like that again, those people.

If getting over in WWE was as easy as grabbing the brass ring, last January they wouldn't have been planning Batista vs. Randy Orton as the Mania main event, all up until they literally had no other choice because the crowds were damn near rioting for Bryan to get a push. And I'm 100% certain it would have been a token 2-month run and back to the midcard for Bryan after that.

Bryan had two fucking hands on that brass ring and they were still not intending to push him, fuck whatever Vince McMahon claims, he's lying his ass off.

You think Vince is lying when he thinks Cesaro sucks? I have no doubt he believes it.

Plus look at this fucker...

Daniel-Bryan.jpg

look at him

Recall

Punk had the balls to stand up for what he felt was right, wether it was or wasn't. I respect that far more than people just willing to have their careers neutered and be really a waste of their time.

Punk has shown more brass than anyone else and I don't see anyone else standing up for themselves in any capacity. But hey as a community we never know the facts only the bullshit lies we get fed, so whatever I guess.

Ithil

If you don't want people to be pissed off at you, then don't piss anyone off.

In any real world scenario, if you attain success, you will piss others off. The road to fortune and glory is built on the bodies of others. People and their feelings HAVE to be sacrificed to get ahead. Those that can work with people, even pissed, are the ones who have what it takes.

Vince said to Austin "no one has any ambition or drive", Austin said people backstage are all scared and on eggshells now because if they try to stand out they piss people off and get buried instead, and Vince's response wasn't "don't be afraid of pissing people off" it was "don't piss people off, then".
Like, how are they supposed to "step up" and grab the brass ring if talking out of turn gets them buried? And then they get blamed for the backstage environment WWE have fostered.

People have repeatedly attempted to grab the brass ring, and had it yanked out of their hands. Which somehow is their fault?

Aiii

So not worth it
You know if that tweet went out and the roster had the 80s/90s mentality, somebody would get released today because they'd probably punch Cena in the fucking face.

But they don't have that mentality, and that's why no one is getting pushed. Everyone is scared of their overlords.

In the 80s and 90s when you punched someone in the face you wouldn't get fired because you'd just go to WCW, or any of the territories and make just as much money and get just as much exposure.

So. Who does? He's lucky he even got to that point.

Nobody, there is no brass ring, there is no ladder, it's all imaginary.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You're a master of fucking up context, Ithil.

Recall

100% with very few exceptions. Daniel Bryan being one of them.

Yet WWE took away his chant and made a generic thing everyone can do to get over. Daniel Bryan made something work and the response was simply, no, you can't get over unless we say so.

Vince said to Austin "no one has any ambition or drive", Austin said people backstage are all scared and on eggshells now because if they try to stand out they piss people off and get buried instead, and Vince's response wasn't "don't be afraid of pissing people off" it was "don't piss people off, then".
Like, how are they supposed to "step up" and grab the brass ring if talking out of turn gets them buried? And then they get blamed for the backstage environment WWE have fostered.

People have repeatedly attempted to grab the brass ring, and had it yanked out of their hands. Which somehow is their fault?

You spend your whole life working to grab something you know is imaginary, you celebrate when you finally grab it, once again someone tells you it's imaginary, and then you look at your hand and see
DLSNrcV.gif

jmdajr

Yet WWE took away his chant and made a generic thing everyone can do to get over. Daniel Bryan made something work and the response was simply, no, you can't get over unless we say so.

Did Bryan stand up for himself? Did he complain to Vince? No. Probably not. The fans had to practically carry him there.

I'm curious to see what other revolt there will be on the road to Wrestlemania.

Fox318

John Cena @JohnCena · 44m 44 minutes ago

The #StoneColdPodcast w/ @VinceMcMahon was legit. Agree with @steveaustinBSR that it's time 2 step up, WWE. #WWENetwork

Good luck with that fuckers!

This is amazing.

He is literally been the cause of the sport/product getting less and less popular during his employment.

Forget about the Angles and forget about what happened to guys like Eddie.

Hogan's Contract, Nash having control of WCW, and Cena pushing the product away from adults to appease his bosses wife's politcial aspirations.

JR was talking about Survor Series and he was saying that it would have been a good time to turn Cena heel there and have sting come out as the savior then.

They can't do that. The fucking company's profit is built off of selling Cena's Hurricane ripoff shirts because Vince's men couldn't get a TV deal in place because they looked at Cena's audience noticed that they have no buying power.

Heel

Honestly, how many of these wrestlers are ever showing a marked improvement in what they do in the ring or on the mic? You have to strive to be better and I'm not seeing it when it matters.

Recall

Did Bryan stand up for himself? Did he complain to Vince? No. Probably not. The fans had to practically carry him there.

He should have stood up for himself but even by his own admission (Jericho podcast I think) he simply is too laid back to care. He does as he is told and puts in all his effort but doesn't get wound up by the shit that happens.

I wonder how many Reigns vs Cena matches we will be getting in 2015?

Aiii

So not worth it

Honestly, I'm not sure there will be anything like that this year. Crowds seem to have pretty much given up over the past 6 months and I don't really see who they would hitch their wagon on at any rate.

Besides, Brock is champion, we like Brock. We'll get some Sting and some Hogan so that'll be fine. Maybe we'll get a bit of Taker. Reigns is sort of over, so that won't cause any ill response. All in all it will be pretty uneventful road to Mania compared to 30.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, how many of these wrestlers are ever showing a marked improvement in what they do in the ring or on the mic? You have to strive to be better and I'm not seeing it when it matters.

Lemme tell you who is improving when it does and when it doesn't matter:

7hpFBQb.jpg

Top Bottom