• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

jmdajr

Straight shootin' here....my girlfriend of almost ten months doesn't know it yet, but I'm about 2 weeks away from having her engagement ring. Not really nervous as I know it will go well, but it is kinda surreal where I'm at now compared to a year ago.

Good work. I wish you the best.

Mengetsu

No more Slater gator?
http://www.sescoops.com/arrest-warrant-issued-heath-slater/

Atlanta police have issued a warrant for WWE Supersatar Heath Slater (real name Heath Miller) stemming from a 2011 incident at the WrestleMania 27 afterparty at the Hyatt Regency hotel.

According to Atlanta’s FOX-5 television, Corinne Oliver, who was working security at the event, accuses Slater of putting her in a chokehold and attempting to get her into an elevator, with the intent of dragging her back to his room. She alleges to have suffered damage to five vertebrae in her back.

Oliver reported the incident to her supervisor on the morning of the incident and then waited nearly three months to file a police report. She claims that she waited for her supervisors at Allied Barton Securities to file a police report, which they never did.

She has also claimed that other wrestlers witnessed the incident and did nothing to help her. The police report described the incident as a “simple assault/battery.”

WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt issued a statement after the charges were filed, stating that the charges were filed against Slater individually and not WWE.

Hasney

Okay then. Some of #GamerGate simply reminded me how fucking filthy game journalism actually is.

I really wish people would discuss this without the 'game' in front of it. ALL mainstream journalism is like this. I did my work experience at 16 at the local paper andyou see all things like that go on even on that small scale. They "compete", but yet have a total open dialogue, talk openly about employees and if you piss the wrong person off, you're out.

Because I looked old enough, they took me out after work and after a few drinks, they all just talked openly about it. it's just the way journalism is, either deal with it, or attack it as a whole and the level of shit that comes out in most publications and sites now outside of games really should tip people off instead of crying "MAH VIDEOGAMEZ".

bjork

I would have a hard time believing Heath could injure anyone ever. Whether that's his look or WWE booking, I'll let you decide.

¡HarlequinPanic!;141471277 said:
If true, fuck him. Disappointing

Also this.

Is that what Vince meant by grab the brass ring?

iqGuBtv3A2C4F.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
goddamn lillian garcia is so hot. What a beautiful woman

The Dragon Gate show this morning was pretty good, one more match set for Final Gate (T-Hawk & Eita vs YAMAKong) and a crazy 10 man tag made for Korakuen Hall on the 16th via the magic of Miraculous Doi Darts! For those who haven't seen it before, Doi brings out a dartboard with all the DG roster's names on it and then they get kids from the crowd to throw darts to pick the teams for the 10 man tag at the last Korakuen show of the year. This year the kids came up with;

Gamma, Shachihoko BOY, Don Fujii, Ryo 'Jimmy' Saito & Jimmy Kanda vs Kenichiro Arai, Punch Tominaga, Yosuke Santa Maria, CIMA & Yuga Hayashi.

Afterwards, Doi revealed a second dart board, this time because he wanted 3 new members for Mad Blankey while he and Kzy are out injured - they got 3 more kids from the crowd and K-ness & Osaka 06 were selected. CIMA & Gamma protested a bit, but then turned full heel, saying "Fuck Tokyo!" before going on about how great Osaka is to huge boos. Then, in a bit of Doi Darts magic, Doi pointed out that the 3rd kid hadn't got to throw her dart. The crowd chanted for Don Fujii to be picked and, as luck would have it, the dart landed on Fujii's name! He also turned heel, which he said matched his shaven head, while K-ness declared to bring out his Darkness Dragon spirit to fit in with his new team mates.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
I really wish people would discuss this without the 'game' in front of it. ALL mainstream journalism is like this. I did my work experience at 16 at the local paper andyou see all things like that go on even on that small scale. They "compete", but yet have a total open dialogue, talk openly about employees and if you piss the wrong person off, you're out.

Because I looked old enough, they took me out after work and after a few drinks, they all just talked openly about it. it's just the way journalism is, either deal with it, or attack it as a whole and the level of shit that comes out in most publications and sites now outside of games really should tip people off instead of crying "MAH VIDEOGAMEZ".
I assume all media is like this too. I just imagine video games are some of the worst culprits because it's a lot of literally just fan enthusiasts who are being called journalists.

Ithil

Real talk, friends.

Where the hell did you expect Ryder to go? He would never, EVER be main event material, no matter how over he was.

The midcard? Who ever said he had to be the top guy? He got busted back down to enhancement talent, the very bottom of the card.

Vylash

Straight shootin' here....my girlfriend of almost ten months doesn't know it yet, but I'm about 2 weeks away from having her engagement ring. Not really nervous as I know it will go well, but it is kinda surreal where I'm at now compared to a year ago.

sounds like you've got a lot of pressure, but we embrace pressure! we welcome pressure! because no pressure, no diamonds!

*sigh*

Children's toys? Must be a generational gap, I have no love for legos.
paging ElPescado

Generational gap? Bro, how old are you? I'm 32.

The LEGO DeLorean is pretty swank, but the way the hood looks and the roof connects to the car is pretty disappointing. The LEGO Ecto-1 is perfection and has the bonus of being designed by a member of LEGOGAF.

I will never be able to look at Miz and not think of Howard the Duck ever again.

Sephzilla

Zack Ryder's ceiling at least with his gimmick is a mid-card wrestler who would linger around just long enough in a Royal Rumble to get people's hopes up. In short his plateau is what Ziggler does in between pushes.

Ithil

Honestly, the one thing that sticks out to me about the whole thing is the rebranding of young guys. A guy makes a persona and gets over enough elsewhere to get noticed and signed, then they cut that persona down and stick the dude with a dumb name and a slap on the ass. Even if it's a goofy persona, if it's the person's creation, wouldn't they be more inclined to try and make it a thing?

I mean, I get that they want their own trademarks, but it's stupid. Companies will just sell DVDs of the guy with "WWE superstar formerly known as" taglines, and the dudes actively talking about their renames on twitter and shit, what is the WWE actually accomplishing with this theory? If they released Sami Zayn today, it's not like he's going to beg for rights to that name, and they haven't hurt his indie drawing power at all. Unless this is all leading to a storyline with nxt dudes taking over and being like 'fuck no, I am el generico, this is KENTA" etc. in a fight against HHH and some oldheads like Orton.
Sami Zayn will go further in WWE than he ever would have as El Generico. They did him a favour taking off his mask and letting him talk, as it turns out he's really good at it.

Kaladin

Cesaro was better on NXT
Tyson Kidd is an A+ heel on NXT
Titus was fun on NXT
Brodus was a decent heel on NXT

I think the only WWE guy who came down to NXT that didn't instantly become better was Justin Gabriel.

Titus and Brodus were given good material to work with on NXT, but I wouldn't say they improved.

RP912

Banned
It's easy to forget something that was never true.

That hatred...

Titus is a main event player and will headline Summerslam 2015...FACT!

Cesaro was better on NXT
Tyson Kidd is an A+ heel on NXT
Titus was fun on NXT
Brodus was a decent heel on NXT

I think the only WWE guy who came down to NXT that didn't instantly become better was Justin Gabriel.

The problem with Justin is the fact that he's the true definition of "vanilla midget". If it wasn't for his superior 450 splash...I wouldn't even notice him in Nexus. Plus that awful "thrill seeker" gimmick was a joke. He's Mojo Rawley with potential.

Cheers! Good luck buddy!

Sephzilla

The problem with Justin is the fact that he's the true definition of "vanilla midget". If it wasn't for his superior 450 splash...I wouldn't even notice him in Nexus. Plus that awful "thrill seeker" gimmick was a joke. He's Mojo Rawley with potential.

Gabriel is in every way Neo Evan Bourne.

Gabriel's chances of being anything other than a jobber died the day of that fucked up that 450 against Randy - either he went too early, or Randy rolled in the wrong direction (into the ringpost, not away from it), but either way he was doing a shittier, 'safer' 450 from there on out. It doesn't help that he's super bland and kinda dull in the ring.

RP912

Banned

Congrats on that future engagement and wedding ;)

Gabriel is in every way Neo Evan Bourne.

whoa whoa whoa...lets not go that far.

Evan was amazing...lack of personality and all...

Wasn't that some of the early #GamerGate shit that busted out shit like the emails and stuff where a bunch of editors and high up people were straight up blackballing writers who didn't follow their lead? Or was that someone else?

Nice!

I was legit thinking about getting an engagement ring for my girl - we've been together almost 4 years.
Coming up on 6 Junior, we're at the friend harassment stage.

Also break a leg on the proposal!

Xater

What the fuck does "SlaterGator" even mean.

I first thought it was a dumb nickname for Slater, then I learned it's the name of the tag team he formed with Titus which makes even less sense.

PS: Slater is quite the asshole if these allegations are true.

That Slater shit is awful. Ugh.

Congrats!

Sephzilla

Hey Sandman, question for you (and I guess for the general WrassleGAF community too)

Do most jewelers make you pay for most/all of the ring's cost up front or can they set up payment plans and shit like that? Sorry to pull a Cena and leach off of Sandman's thunder but I'm thinking about getting my girl a ring too and I'm curious if I'll have to gut out a chunk of my checking account to do so.

I liked justin gabriel, he was the odd man out in the OG nexus which was cool. Had some emoting before he'd hit that 450 which was an awesome touch.

He looks like he's been starting to let himself go in NXT, though :\

Kaladin

Hey Sandman, question for you (and I guess for the general WrassleGAF community too)

Do most jewelers make you pay for most/all of the ring's cost up front or can they set up payment plans and shit like that? Sorry to pull a Cena and leach off of Sandman's thunder but I'm thinking about getting my girl a ring too and I'm curious if I'll have to gut out a chunk of my checking account to do so.

Mine isn't expensive enough for me to do a payment plan, though I'm sure he would have done it. I took the gold I had to sell (and use in the piece) and that turned out to be a deposit for it which covered a lot of the cost. I'm paying the remainder when I pick it up.

Sephzilla

Mine isn't expensive enough for me to do a payment plan, though I'm sure he would have done it. I took the gold I had to sell (and use in the piece) and that turned out to be a deposit for it which covered a lot of the cost. I'm paying the remainder when I pick it up.

Ah cool. Looks like you took a smart route.

Top Bottom