• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

strobogo

Banned
Some of these early ROH tag team names are pretty brutal.

Boogie Knights
Da Hit Squad

Boogie Knights is a blatant steal from Disco/Alex Wright. The fuck? That's as weird as Jamie Noble and Kid Kash being the Pitbulls...but not the New Pitbulls or anything. Just The Pitbulls. While WWE was promoting ECW stuff. Plus, just about everything about early ROH was shitty, but especially team/stable names. The Prophecy? THE GROUP? Special K.

I understood all of this, and it sounds awesome. Is this an app game or something?
Extreme Warfare Revenge, it's a free desktop game. a menu-based wrestling-booking simulator, basically. They still put out download updates to keep wrestlers up to date.
Franco is terrible...trying way too hard to be "funny"

So no more Kliq reunion?
It was NWO. and there's always... a plan B
hqdefault.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Boogie Knights is a blatant steal from Disco/Alex Wright. The fuck? That's as weird as Jamie Noble and Kid Kash being the Pitbulls...but not the New Pitbulls or anything. Just The Pitbulls. While WWE was promoting ECW stuff. Plus, just about everything about early ROH was shitty, but especially team/stable names. The Prophecy? THE GROUP? Special K.

I'm starting from 2002 and planning on working my way through all of ROH's VOD library. So far, I'm pretty impressed by the commentary, as they focus on calling the action and talking about the consequences of moves. The wrestling is also quite good between the main stars. (So far, Daniels, Danielson, and Low Ki) Otherwise, the production is awful, the backstage angles/segments are pretty bad and badly acted, and a lot of these guys look like they're from the ECW B team.

But it's still fun seeing some of this stuff.

Brian Kendrick not giving a damn what this athletic state commission guy has to say
Kendrick.gif

Daniels says FU, and Low Ki responds
LowKiDaniels.gif

strobogo

Banned
I'm starting from 2002 and planning on working my way through all of ROH's VOD library. So far, I'm pretty impressed by the commentary, as they focus on calling the action and talking about the consequences of moves. The wrestling is also quite good between the main stars. (So far, Daniels, Danielson, and Low Ki) Otherwise, the production is awful, the backstage angles/segments are pretty bad and badly acted, and a lot of these guys look like they're from the ECW B team.

But it's still fun seeing some of this stuff.

Commentary has ALWAYS been garbage in ROH. Never at its worse than in 2002-2004 or whenever Gabe stopped doing it. DANGEROUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS UM UM UM

Alucard

Banned
Commentary has ALWAYS been garbage in ROH. Never at its worse than in 2002-2004 or whenever Gabe stopped doing it. DANGEROUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS UM UM UM

I like the current team of Kelly and Corino. Corino's found a nice balance of humour and seriousness IMO.

Also, a spot-gone-wrong from the show I'm watching:

Paul London hits a springboard moonsault on Chris Marvel
LondonMarvel.gif

Marvel's leg got TOTALLY FUCKED UP by this
http://110.imagebam.com/download/EwRlB_9miDEWnxpfJ7yPow/37585/375840949/ChrisMarvelLeg.gif (linked only. Viewer discretion advised)

The match was quickly stopped and they were calling for a stretcher. Damn.

Slizeezyc

I like the current team of Kelly and Corino. Corino's found a nice balance of humour and seriousness IMO.

Sir, it appears your leg is on backwards.

way to make us millennials look great

ow ow ow no

Alucard

Banned
A few more gifs from ROH Round Robin Challenge in 2002.

Flippy indy shit
XL.gif

American Dragon entrance. So damn young. Wish he'd shave his beard now.
DanielsonIntro.gif

A wild Ken Shamrock appears to ref the Danielson vs. Low Ki match
Shamrock.gif

EWR update: I managed to keep both of the Young Bucks thanks to a wage increase and offering Matt Jackson some creative control. Although now Matt is suggesting I change their gimmicks to happy face underdogs the Jesus freak. I've had to terminate Cliff Compton's contract, which felt bad since he was in rehab dealing with his drug problem. Alas, my number three sponsor SlapChop would not abide such behavior. Elgin continues not to draw and pulls in less merch than Maria but I'm hesitant to hotshot the title onto Cole. I need time to think.

Alucard

Banned
EWR update: I managed to keep both of the Young Bucks thanks to a wage increase and offering Matt Jackson some creative control. Although now Matt is suggesting I change their gimmicks to happy face underdogs the Jesus freak. I've had to terminate Cliff Compton's contract, which felt bad since he was in rehab dealing with his drug problem. Alas, my number three sponsor SlapChop would not abide such behavior. Elgin continues not to draw and pulls in less merch than Maria but I'm hesitant to hotshot the title onto Cole. I need time to think.

I actually enjoy reading this stuff, so don't hesitate to post more in the future. Not surprised about Elgin not being able to draw.

Top Bottom