• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

JavyOO7

Merry Christmas, y'all. My gift to all of you:

iBTAAHNxcND9B.gif

I just realized he looks like he's about to burst out laughing while laying on the stretcher...

Merry Christmas, everybody!

Alucard

Banned
"Bring your faggot asses out here right now."
-Da Hit Squad, 2002

"Stupid and gay are no ways to go through life."
-ROH announcer, 2002

Jesus fuck.

Alucard

Banned
Good thing ROH has distanced itself from all that. No way they would put the strap on someone with questionable views on the gay community

:( At least it's not happening in kayfabe anymore.

Watching this Hit Squad and Christopher Street Connection match is awkward and embarrassing as fuck. From a match story perspective and from the announce booth too. Makes me sad.

Facial grinding
ChristopherStreetConnectionDaHitSquadGrind.gif

Uncomfortable man on woman violence.
SimplyLucius.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Look, do you guys just want the charts, or do you want someone to make them look nice and provide commentary? Shit, I'll just release the damn charts...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Third Annual Carnies Awards

From nearly 600 responses:

89wgANt.png

Tw6AKbs.png

loIE1zD.png

BSI9XZo.png

3G6ZdnD.png

fpvEfJS.png

ihzPf6O.png

iRbHMWJ.png

And lastly, the WrassleGAF MVP Award goes to our own Fave Five -IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER-

- Bootaaay
- Strobogo
- bean breath
- "you're all failures"
- Heel

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You goddamn marks voting Mizdown for ANYTHING is some sad shit. And the NXT hard-on is ridiculous. I love NXT too but broaden your goddamn horizons goddammit.

Shitty choices most of the way around. Glad to see AJ vs Suzuki being the ultimate Match of the Year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also, Young Bucks best tag team 2 years in a row now. I won't lie I voted for them. I hate em but love watching them.

glad to be back in my old skin.

I tell you, friendos, the hype is a tough thing to live with. At first, its like the highest high you can imagine. But then as you stay it, it begins to eat away at your soul, you lose sleep, friends and family worry about you, there's a stern warning at work.

I have to give it up for Mojo to live with this day in and day out.

Hasney

You goddamn marks voting Mizdown for ANYTHING is some sad shit. And the NXT hard-on is ridiculous. I love NXT too but broaden your goddamn horizons goddammit.

Shitty choices most of the way around. Glad to see AJ vs Suzuki being the ultimate Match of the Year.

@CrankyVince

And the NXT hard-on is ridiculous. I love NXT too but broaden your goddamn horizons goddammit.

Yeah, I can see why people voted for it - not only was a good show, but it was a breath of fresh air and reminded everyone (again) how good wrestling CAN be when it isn't overly produced and poorly written. However, it was also a very top-heavy card - yeah, Owens squash match was fun and a great debut, but it was all about Charlotte vs Sasha and Neville vs Owens. Both were good to great matches, but I don't think that's enough for show of the year.

Thanks for doing this again Vince, the awards are always fun even if I smh at some of the winners.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I could say the same thing about Charlotte, mother friend.

Aiii

So not worth it
Even though I didn't vote, I am still outraged that NXT beat New Japan.

Also, whoever voted for Liger in the Great Khali poll... You're a terrible person.

How did Sandow improve over AJ?

Because AJ was never bad to begin with, he was stuck in TNA and doing silly storylines, but his in-ring work was just as good there as it is in New Japan and ROH.

Even though I didn't vote, I am still outraged that NXT beat New Japan.

Also, whoever voted for Liger in the Great Khali poll... You're a terrible person.

Because AJ was never bad to begin with, he was stuck in TNA and doing silly storylines, but his in-ring work was just as good there as it is in New Japan and ROH.
NJPW doesn't have the storylines for me though the wrestling may be better

Surprised Rey wasn't nominated for that award come to think of it. He was technically around for like 2 weeks this year

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

His in-ring work has been bland for years. He was the definition of going through the motions. He hadn't had an amazing match since 2005 despite having more than enough time allotted for them in TNA. He then proceeds to go to NJPW and have multiple MOTYC in one year than anyone else wrestling right now.

I shit on AJ like crazy when he went to NJPW. He's been phoning it in for years but nobody has busted their ass like he did when he went into NJPW. He left every other wrestler in the dust.

Alucard

Banned
Dario/Konnan.gif was fucking robbed

lol at ROH jobbing to WWE in promotion of the year. Better luck next year, Alucard!

Same. Fucking Mongo

ROH jobbing to all other promotions is really weird to me. I'm just assuming not enough people watch it. They had an awesome year:

-two hot New Japan shows
-return of AJ Styles
-return of Christopher Daniels
-Jay Lethal's TV title run
-the rise of reDRagon
-return to PPV
-solid monthly shows
-easy-to-watch TV shows with few duds

Also, Miz/Mizdown being so close to being the tag team of the year is laughable. Tell me two matches they had this year that were memorable for anything other than Mizdow's copycat antics.

Top Bottom