• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aiii

So not worth it
imt0ynS1SiEfg.gif

I'd put Lucha over NXT this year as well, though barely.

I guess Styles improved in the sense that he gave a shit again, but that ability has always been there. Some of his matches in TNA were good even after 2005, that series with Kurt for instance. He had a great match with Aries a year or so ago, another excellent one with Doug Williams a few years back and a bunch of matches vs Daniels that were good, even if the storylines around them were atrocious.

I haven't really watched much women's wrestling this year, a bit of STARDOM and OZ Academy here and there. I have trouble caring when a lot of the joshi promotions are so hard to come by and people keep retiring.

How can I watch good joshi wrestling in 2015?

Dailymotion, follow this dude;

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlists/user/JAHMAL1111/1

Also, the /wooo/ forums stream a whole bunch of recent joshi matches every so often, not sure when exactly but there is a streaming schedule on their taima page; http://boards.420chan.org/wooo/

Alucard

Banned
I guess Styles improved in the sense that he gave a shit again, but that ability has always been there. Some of his matches in TNA were good even after 2005, that series with Kurt for instance. He had a great match with Aries a year or so ago, another excellent one with Doug Williams a few years back and a bunch of matches vs Daniels that were good, even if the storylines around them were atrocious.

I haven't really watched much women's wrestling this year, a bit of STARDOM and OZ Academy here and there. I have trouble caring when a lot of the joshi promotions are so hard to come by and people keep retiring.

Dailymotion, follow this dude;

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlists/user/JAHMAL1111/1

Also, the /wooo/ forums stream a whole bunch of recent joshi matches every so often, not sure when exactly but there is a streaming schedule on their taima page; http://boards.420chan.org/wooo/

Cool. Thanks. My joshi experience is super limited to like...5-10 matches. but I'd like to see if it's worth following today.

Alucard

Banned
How d'you know I'm white, persp?

Here's a GIF of the top 3 ridiculous, holy shit, so unsafe moves Ibushi hit this year;

Damn. Is he normally known as a safe worker? I've only really seen his match series against El Generico, which you posted either last year or this year.

GAF's WWE Superstar of the Year.

Technically, Seth Rollins won. Sami Zayn is an NXT Superstar and, as the promotion of the year award clearly shows, NXT is a separate entity from the WWE.

Damn. Is he normally known as a safe worker? I've only really seen his match series against El Generico, which you posted either last year or this year.

Ibushi's fine normally, but he has much more free reign to do what he wants in DDT so you see him coming up with stuff like this. To be fair, he hasn't injured anyone this year and takes some crazy-ass risks himself, but it's still worrying seeing him drop a dude right on his head.

Vylash

Technically, Seth Rollins won. Sami Zayn is an NXT Superstar and, as the promotion of the year award clearly shows, NXT is a separate entity from the WWE.
i believe sunny said nxt is only it's own promotion for the promotion of the year category, and everything else is under the same umbrella

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ok, so here's a question for you all. I'm not talking to people who just don't want to pay for puroresu. If you don't, that's fine. But I see the posts frequently about following storylines and that's why you don't watch NJPW or Dragon Gate or whatever. Your point makes sense until you look at WWE and NXT as a whole. Other than Zayn/Neville and Bryan/Authority, which of your favorite matches from the WWE in recent years was because of some epic buildup from promos? Go on, I'll wait. Brock/Punk was mediocre in the buildup despite some awesome packages from Brock. Those were just awesome because they were funny, but it didn't add anything to the build. Even the promo itself was Brock admitting that he was just seen as a third party. The match they had, the story they told, that was what made it an amazing match. That entire feud was told in the ring. The Wyatts/Shield's number one pop confrontation moment? Had nothing to do with Bray wyatt rambling about Dean Ambrose's momma or Dean Ambrose reciting Dark Knight leftover lines. It was simply a feud that built itself because of the booking involved and the characters involved. Because they were both booked strongly and well-liked and people wanted to see them wrestle because they knew it would be good.

This ain't the 80s, this ain't the 90s. This ain't Dreamer/Raven, this ain't Jake/Savage, this ain't Flair/Funk, this ain't McMahon/Austin, the vast majority of great WWE matches were told in the ring. There was no recorded buildup to Bryan/Ziggler, there was no recorded buildup to Natalya/Charlotte, there was no recorded buildup to Rusev/Big E. It was two fucking hosses waving flags at each other. You don't need to speak the language to understand that. So what I am saying is that language and promos isn't an excuse. Because NJPW tells stories the same way as WWE, but they allocate more time to do it because they don't spend 1/4 of the show on Cena promos and network plugging.

Alucard

Banned
Man, what's the average life span of a sumo wrestler? I assume I might be surprised by the answer since they do have muscle, but this Hama dude...can't imagine it being healthy carrying around that much fat over the long term.

Man, what's the average life span of a sumo wrestler? I assume I might be surprised by the answer since they do have muscle, but this Hama dude...can't imagine it being healthy carrying around that much fat over the long term.

Wiki says;

"Sumo wrestlers have a life expectancy of between 60 and 65, more than 10 years shorter than the average Japanese male. Many develop diabetes, high blood pressure, and are prone to heart attacks."

Alucard

Banned
Ok, so here's a question for you all. I'm not talking to people who just don't want to pay for puroresu. If you don't, that's fine. But I see the posts frequently about following storylines and that's why you don't watch NJPW or Dragon Gate or whatever. Your point makes sense until you look at WWE and NXT as a whole. Other than Zayn/Neville and Bryan/Authority, which of your favorite matches from the WWE in recent years was because of some epic buildup from promos? Go on, I'll wait. Brock/Punk was mediocre in the buildup despite some awesome packages from Brock. Those were just awesome because they were funny, but it didn't add anything to the build. Even the promo itself was Brock admitting that he was just seen as a third party. The match they had, the story they told, that was what made it an amazing match. That entire feud was told in the ring. The Wyatts/Shield's number one pop confrontation moment? Had nothing to do with Bray wyatt rambling about Dean Ambrose's momma or Dean Ambrose reciting Dark Knight leftover lines. It was simply a feud that built itself because of the booking involved and the characters involved. Because they were both booked strongly and well-liked and people wanted to see them wrestle because they knew it would be good.

This ain't the 80s, this ain't the 90s. This ain't Dreamer/Raven, this ain't Jake/Savage, this ain't Flair/Funk, this ain't McMahon/Austin, the vast majority of great WWE matches were told in the ring. There was no recorded buildup to Bryan/Ziggler, there was no recorded buildup to Natalya/Charlotte, there was no recorded buildup to Rusev/Big E. It was two fucking hosses waving flags at each other. You don't need to speak the language to understand that. So what I am saying is that language and promos isn't an excuse. Because NJPW tells stories the same way as WWE, but they allocate more time to do it because they don't spend 1/4 of the show on Cena promos and network plugging.

This is kind of debatable, as listening to Heyman rag on Cena added a lot to his match against Brock, and Bryan's promos with HHH added to their story too. Being able to understand the language can add a lot to a feud.

But yeah, pay the 9 bucks, fools. New Japan is kickass.

kiguel182

NXT winning over Mania just shows how happy we were with Revolution.

Same for Zayn winning over Bryan. The results were really influenced by it. The voting was too close to the show.

this vaguely sounds like some ableist concern trolling to me, friend.

I'm only yankin' yer chain. who loves ya baby.

Aiii

So not worth it

You forgot to actually put a question in there heh.

Edit- oh no, wait, I see it now. My bad.

Heroman

Banned
Until new Japan is on console and has English content I wont sub.

Wiki says;

"Sumo wrestlers have a life expectancy of between 60 and 65, more than 10 years shorter than the average Japanese male. Many develop diabetes, high blood pressure, and are prone to heart attacks."
That is actually way longer than I expected.

Hasney

Ok, so here's a question for you all. I'm not talking to people who just don't want to pay for puroresu. If you don't, that's fine. But I see the posts frequently about following storylines and that's why you don't watch NJPW or Dragon Gate or whatever. Your point makes sense until you look at WWE and NXT as a whole.

Right, but I still want that. It's why I'm not paying for WWE and although NXT hasn't had the big story stuff other than Sami, the little stuff is great too. Like I actually care about Bull/Corbin whereas individually I wouldn't.

Even then, everything in another language makes me keep thinking I'm missing something and my time is already stacked as it is, so I'd have to drop something else to watch some more hours of wrasslin' (I would have dropped Raw a lot earlier if it wasn't for the fact that it was easy to stream to my phone so I could have it on while I was at work).

That said, if GFW do NJPW shows semi-regular, I'm all in baby.

Raw64life

Mizdow is the only thing genuinely funny WWE did this year and Sandow deserves the popularity so I'm ok with him winning a bunch of stuff. The NXT circle jerk is ridiculous though. Wonder how the voting would've went if it took place 6 months after that PPV and not less than a week.

gurudyne

Angle of the year was the DBry Authority angle? The payoff was great, but the actual angle waved between sucking and mediocrity. Occupy RAW, garbage pandering face promos from Bryan. Only rare signs of life throughout. We also got Steph slapping DBry in full on hysterical laughter megalomaniacal villain mode which was great, but that's all I can remember about it. Zayn's Road to Redemption got robbed. And speaking of robbed:

awww, sad Tyson didn't win comeback of the year

God damned #FACT

Vylash

Mizdow is the only thing genuinely funny WWE did this year and Sandow deserves the popularity so I'm ok with him winning a bunch of stuff. The NXT circle jerk is ridiculous though. Wonder how the voting would've went if it took place 6 months after that PPV and not less than a week.

yeah, people liking wrestling is ridiculous

Right, but I still want that. It's why I'm not paying for WWE and although NXT hasn't had the big story stuff other than Sami, the little stuff is great too. Like I actually care about Bull/Corbin whereas individually I wouldn't.

Even then, everything in another language makes me keep thinking I'm missing something and my time is already stacked as it is, so I'd have to drop something else to watch some more hours of wrasslin' (I would have dropped Raw a lot earlier if it wasn't for the fact that it was easy to stream to my phone so I could have it on while I was at work).

That said, if GFW do NJPW shows semi-regular, I'm all in baby.
RE: Data - pretty much all this, except I don't watch Raw anymore, so I might sub to NJPW World though and follow that more

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All I bought on the Steam sale this year was Duke Nukem and Prison Architect. Most disappointing.

Gotta save money for Hotline 2 and America Trucks

Hasney

Well Sami would still be my wrassler of the year since I think he pretty much had no competition in the WWE, Zayn/Cesaro would be moved to MOTY and I probably would have voted for Bryan for the storyline if Zayns hadn't culminated.

But yeah, people finding some joy in something to do with wrestling when WWE has been an absolute shitshow from almost the moment WM ended (and for 2 months before that) shouldn't exactly be shocking.

Xater

You goddamn marks voting Mizdown for ANYTHING is some sad shit. And the NXT hard-on is ridiculous. I love NXT too but broaden your goddamn horizons goddammit.

Shitty choices most of the way around. Glad to see AJ vs Suzuki being the ultimate Match of the Year.

Seriously, still not enough people watching New Japan and it this point it could not be easier.

Gabriel at 0% for underutilized wrestler made me laugh. No one cares about that dude.

DMczaf

Observer Radio's 30 weeks of WM reviews have landed on WM2000.

Meltzer minutes into the review "Rock was hot. Austin was hot. Triple H was hot.....wait, was Austin even in this match?"

A MCMAHON IN EVERY CORNER

ERNAfR7.gif

Hasney

And none of you fuckers voted for Ryback. I knew you were all fairweather fans of The Big Guy.

Well, er

No, I'd rather see The Miz than Big Show, Henry or Ryback easily.

Now? I've never started liking him.

Can Ryback just replace the social media douche WWE has? Then we get all Ryback positives and none of the negatives, like him being on camera or wrestling at all.

Thinking about it, even Brodus and Albert were better than fucking Ryback. Yet ones on commentary and the other let go.

I'm not a fan of Mojo, Bull Dempsey or Baron, but they can all go better than Ryback already if they need a big guy. Plus, ya know, they got Owens.

Nah, Ryback has just been dull in the ring as shit. I don't want to watch anything with him wrestling and it would actively put me off buying a PPV.

He hurts Cena or Orton though and creative will suddenly have nothing for him.

A new day with a Ryback push, a Mark Henry/Big Show feud and a build to Cena/Brock 3.

Its a dark new day.

Wait, why is
Swagger out and Ryback in
? Was someone worried that he might make it an entertaining match?

"Guy only has about 2 moves no way he should be popular can only hide that weakness for so long.

Hey, who are we bringing back on Raw next week? Ryback? Awesome, great idea!"

Fast forwarded straight through Ryback. Really don't find him entertaining in the ring at all and it would have been more fun if he became the social media correspondent.

The best thing about Ryback was the jobber promos.

He shouldn't have beaten Punk. He shouldn't have been in that match at all. I understand they were in a shitty situation, but they should have panicked with someone else, not someone who they were trying to build.

Not sure who else would have been suitable as I can't remember what was going on at the time.

Christ, thinking about Henry V Ryback, it's no wonder WM29 had such a drop in buys against WM28. That undercard was horrible.

He's barely had PPV matches that weren't tag or against Punk.

EDIT: And his Wrestlemania Mark Henry match. Did anyone actually want to see that?

Ryback has nothing ahead, just getting into that Tensai/Umaga/Mark Henry spot on the card. He's been chewed up and spat out.

Top Bottom