• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
Great awards and winners. Glad to see roh didn't dominate the shit out of them and make wrestling fans look bad. Idc if the entire roster can do a moonsault. Doesn't make them better workers and it sure as hell doesn't change the fact that they're performing in vfw halls and high school gymnasium.

Great awards and winners. Glad to see roh didn't dominate the shit out of them and make wrestling fans look bad. Idc if the entire roster can do a moonsault. Doesn't make them better workers and it sure as hell doesn't change the fact that they're performing in vfw halls and high school gymnasium.

Hasney

I don't care if WWE performs in big arenas, it doesn't change the fact that the current staff has no writing direction and it sure as hell doesn't make them better workers.

Xater

I re-watched The Muppets Christmas Carol yesterday with my GF. It is still great. my girlfriend saw it for the first time and also enjoyed it a lot.

Now I am watching the I Am Santa Claus documentary from Netflix and it's kinda bumming me out...

Heroman

Banned
I re-watched The Muppets Christmas Carol yesterday with my GF. It is still great. my girlfriend saw it for the first time and also enjoyed it a lot.

Now I am watching the I Am Santa Claus documentary from Netflix and it's kinda bumming me out...
I watch ing it to , mostly cause of mic Foley.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I rarely watch sequels to movies anyways, so I'm fine on that front. Like I don't even like Aliens or Terminator 2.

And I'm surprised WCW never ran an angle with Vader dressed as Santa then powerbombing Sting and ruining all the little Stinger's Christmases

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Aliens retroactively ruined Alien. Rarely can you say that about a movie, but it destroyed the lore and world building that badly.

Heroman

Banned
I rarely watch sequels to movies anyways, so I'm fine on that front. Like I don't even like Aliens or Terminator 2.

And I'm surprised WCW never ran an angle with Vader dressed as Santa then powerbombing Sting and ruining all the little Stinger's Christmases
But aliens is way better than that garbage of the film Alien.

enewtabie

Wife bought me a few things for Christmas. She also bought me WWE2k15 for Xbox one. So I'll give that a try. Doesn't know anything about wrestling except for what she watches on Total Divas and she likes NXT when I watch it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Where does WrassleGAF stand on e-books? Considering getting a kindle or some shit. I don't know...... Gift card mentality.....

Haven't used a non e-book in a very very long time. The Kindle battery life is incredible. Saved my ass the two weeks my whole city was without power.

Yeah, only non-kindle books I've read in years have been wrestling autobiographies not available digitally. I've got the paper white kindle and it's been awesome, I echo Data's comments about the battery life, it lasts for ages.

Speaking of Alien(s) I watched Resurrection just yesterday, 1997 Sigourney Weaver is banging.

Weaver was pretty fine back in the day. 10-12 YO me totally had a crush on her back in the 90's.
Still do

Still better than Prometheus

Was Half thinking of watching that tonight since I have somehow seen the other alien moves accidentally the last few weeks. They have been on TV a bunch.

I have ZERO idea what its about other then its loosely connected to them. Is it worth a go?

Lol

Random thought: Aztec mythology is fucking bonkers

Vylash

the venue doesn't mean shit

XenoRaven

Ok, so here's a question for you all. I'm not talking to people who just don't want to pay for puroresu. If you don't, that's fine. But I see the posts frequently about following storylines and that's why you don't watch NJPW or Dragon Gate or whatever. Your point makes sense until you look at WWE and NXT as a whole. Other than Zayn/Neville and Bryan/Authority, which of your favorite matches from the WWE in recent years was because of some epic buildup from promos? Go on, I'll wait. Brock/Punk was mediocre in the buildup despite some awesome packages from Brock. Those were just awesome because they were funny, but it didn't add anything to the build. Even the promo itself was Brock admitting that he was just seen as a third party. The match they had, the story they told, that was what made it an amazing match. That entire feud was told in the ring. The Wyatts/Shield's number one pop confrontation moment? Had nothing to do with Bray wyatt rambling about Dean Ambrose's momma or Dean Ambrose reciting Dark Knight leftover lines. It was simply a feud that built itself because of the booking involved and the characters involved. Because they were both booked strongly and well-liked and people wanted to see them wrestle because they knew it would be good.

This ain't the 80s, this ain't the 90s. This ain't Dreamer/Raven, this ain't Jake/Savage, this ain't Flair/Funk, this ain't McMahon/Austin, the vast majority of great WWE matches were told in the ring. There was no recorded buildup to Bryan/Ziggler, there was no recorded buildup to Natalya/Charlotte, there was no recorded buildup to Rusev/Big E. It was two fucking hosses waving flags at each other. You don't need to speak the language to understand that. So what I am saying is that language and promos isn't an excuse. Because NJPW tells stories the same way as WWE, but they allocate more time to do it because they don't spend 1/4 of the show on Cena promos and network plugging.
I couldn't agree more with this. Maybe most Americans can't understand NJPW commentary or promos, but the stories are for the most part told in the ring. Also, if I have a question about a wrestler or a storyline, I usually ask it in this thread and I get a good, thorough explanation. Not only that, but the actual stories in WWE are basic and mostly thrown together without rhyme or reason. There still really isn't any good reason that Seth worked with Dean and Roman to beat the Authority and then betrayed them the next night. And that was one of their hottest angles this year. I don't even have to mention Kane randomly switching between Korporate Kane and Demon Kane, Big Show being in an out of financial trouble at random as it suits a reluctant heel turn, or any Divas storyline.

RE: Mizdow stuff. I forget if I voted for him or not, but I think the motivation to vote for him comes from the fact that no one else seems to be able to do more with less than him. Considering how little they give him, he should be forgotten about by this point. But he's still getting big pops on PPV shows. I'm guessing he gets them on RAW too.

In terms of NXT winning promotion of the year over NJPW. NJPW was probably better quality overall. But NJPW had their breakout year last year. This year has been a bit more middling. On the other hand, NXT had a banner year this year and have maintained the momentum generated by their first special around this time last year. I can see why people would choose it.

JavyOO7

Ah yeah, Kevin Owens on NXT just now with a short rant. Love his voice! His feud with Sami and Adrian should be great.

Even Curtis Axel made an appearance. Regal says he needs to make an appointment though before speaking to him... poor guy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Flair's Lakers jacket might be my favorite Flair garb
e8ec425f7c6e0538a75ac34c278bba80.jpg

flairathome.jpg

'see Barry Windham battle Lex Luger in what matwatch wrestling magazine calls a surprisingly good match'
god damn luger getting shit on all the way back in 89

Top Bottom