• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
They can change his name to CM Itami, that would work.

WHAT DOES THE C STAND FOR MAGGLE?! CHINA?! HAHA!

Well JBL, Itami is from Japan, not China

HAHAAAA ITS ALL THE SAME TO ME MAGGLE! GOTTA GET ME ONNA' THEM!

New page, Holidays edition;
Screen-shot-2013-12-23-at-12.14.17-PM.png

The first time I personally noticed the crowd really turning on Cena was the WM with HHH. The entire crowd turned on him and made HHH the face.

Ithil

The first time I personally noticed the crowd really turning on Cena was the WM with HHH. The entire crowd turned on him and made HHH the face.

They had already turned on him and favoured Jericho, Christian and Angle over Cena before. Hell, Christian was really on fire back then and even selling loads of merch (more than Cena). But you know, he got shunted to the midcard literally because Vince doesn't like his face.

Vylash

If anyone interested here is Meltzer ratings for TLC and NXT r Evolution:

TLC:

Cena vs Rollins 3 and 3/4 Stars
Harper vs Ziggler 3 and 3/4 Stars
Bray vs Ambrose 3 and 3/4 stars

NXT:

Ascension vs Finn and Hideo: 3 and 1/4 star
Charlotte vs Banks: 3 and 1/2 Stars
Sami vs Neville: 4 and 3/4 Stars

What do you guys think. I think he the Sasha and Charlotte match was 4 stars at least.

very generous to tlc for some reason, i also think he was a little too generous with that tag match since the ascension was involved

Ithil

very generous to tlc for some reason, i also think he was a little too generous with that tag match since the ascension was involved

I think the great presentation of Bálor was included in that. Plus the hot crowd helped make the last few minutes really exciting.

somedevil

Why did they trade Cena to RAW and Batista to SmackDown?

Bryan's on his deathbed tho or returning tomorrow. I don't know.

If you go by this thread the man is going to be inducted in the WWE hall fame this year.

The truth is no one really knows. He wants to be back for Wrestlemania and there are rumors that could be possible.

His neck is fine. He just needs to get full strength in his arm back. He seems to be doing better because the 2nd surgery rumor has died out. He said in an interview if he was in MMA he could do a fight but in wrestling you need full strength to do a match.

They had already turned on him and favoured Jericho, Christian and Angle over Cena before. Hell, Christian was really on fire back then and even selling loads of merch (more than Cena). But you know, he got shunted to the midcard literally because Vince doesn't like his face.

God, that was like the only time I enjoyed Christian, and they shit on him super hard. It's crazy to think how many top and over guys they would have TODAY if they just didn't favor Cena over every single talent. Nobody is all that over because they don't allow them to get over.

Present the brass ring, tell them to grab it. Then when they try or do, you pull it away from them and punish them for it. It's fucked up over there, man. Or maybe they're just afraid of putting too much stock in other people and they'd ask for more money.

RP912

Banned
Watching Backlash 99. So far it's not a bad ppv. Shane angry at his daddy and innocent Steph taking up for her pappy...what a tale :(

Fox318

You're right, except for one thing: Cena was over with the majority of the crowd (and universally loved by the live crowd) when he got the title at Mania 21 from JBL. What happened afterwards is a totally different story, BUT Cena was over when he became 'The Guy'.

Watching that mania 21 match now

It's crazy seeing Cena looks the same, Cole calls the same stuff for Cena, and a few deeper voices calling for cena.

Vylash

Oh certainly, and I agree, but I see why people would feel that NXT has considerably less weight and meaning.

i think the main problem with nxt is that the main roster is constantly looming over it, you can get invested in the characters and the matches and everything, but you know most of them are completely fucked as soon as they get called up

rusev, the shield members, and wyatt to a much lesser extent are the only full sail nxt guys that are still okay

They should have Rusev/Reigns at Mania and give Reigns his first title run and all that jazz.

Or even better, have Rusev crush in 17 seconds.

somedevil

Again from Meltzer on the New Japan announcer search:

Matt Striker will be the co-host with Jim Ross for the Tokyo Dome show. I’ve seen mixed reactions to that. My impression is it came down by Striker and John Pollock of The Fight Network, who is an expert on New Japan Pro Wrestling, and I had expected all along would be the one doing it. Other names bandied about were Mauro Ranallo (a budget issue) and Kevin Nash (not sure how seriously but I don’t think he was in the consideration at the end) and I know Jeff Jarrett had at least a short conversation with Chael Sonnen, who would have been strong from a personality standpoint but wouldn’t go in with a lot of knowledge of New Japan Pro Wrestling. When I spoke to Pollock this past weekend, I thought he was the guy and said he had been in talks for it but the day before was told they were going in a different direction, so that’s when I figured it was Striker, which came out the next day. Jarrett was looking for the person who he thought would bring the most viewers to the table.

Kevin Nash??? Really.

So they choose Striker for name value which is stupid because Ross is enough and you want the best to be co announcer. So if Striker stinks it up blame Jarrett who wanted a known name.

RP912

Banned
Mankind/Big Show boiler room match is one of big show's greatest matches. The fact that foley had to damn near kill himself to make big show not look like a fucking joke is amazing.

Fox318

Just finished watching that Cena-JBL match from 21.

1 finisher finished the match and the crowd popped when Cena lifted him up.

I feel like today its kickout city when it comes to finishers.

RP912

Banned
Just finished watching that Cena-JBL match from 21.

1 finisher finished the match and the crowd popped when Cena lifted him up.

I feel like today its kickout city when it comes to finishers.

I blame indy promotions...there was a time when kick outs were sacred when it comes down to finishers...nowadays your finisher don't mean shit :/

Kevin Nash??? Really.

So they choose Striker for name value which is stupid because Ross is enough and you want the best to be co announcer. So if Striker stinks it up blame Jarrett who wanted a known name.

They should have went with Pollack.

Striker has name value???

With who???

RP912

Banned
I don't mind striker at all. Dude is like a mature version of Joey Styles which isn't a bad thing.

O_0 triple h got different music??? I thought it was "my time" when he broke away from dx?

strobogo

Banned
Probably because the match wasn't very good and Cena was already going into Super Cena/CENAWINSLOL territory. If I recall, JBL beat him up in a boring manner for ten minutes then he won with an AA outta nowhere. He was already losing some of the edge that got him over in favour of being a superman.

Compare it to the main event of WM 21, which probably wasn't that great as a match, but it was a much better story and got over more (and it had the superior storyline leading into WM anyway).

It was a boring as shit match and fans turned on him in a hurry. They were already turning on him by late May.

Fox318

Kevin Nash??? Really.

You saying Captain Nash would be a bad thing?

MWidEw4.gif

I blame indy promotions...there was a time when kick outs were sacred when it comes down to finishers...nowadays your finisher don't mean shit :/

Honestly it isn't a great match. Hearing Cena hit the "FU" and hearing him call JBL a bitch is so odd when compared to how he is presented today.

DiscoJon

Banned
I've never understood why people like (and respect) Meltzers opinions. The guy is the biggest Carny smark cunt in the industry today.

RP912

Banned
Honestly it isn't a great match. Hearing Cena hit the "FU" and hearing him call JBL a bitch is so odd when compared to how he is presented today.

Indeed...

I always felt that match was rushed to get Cena the damn belt. Now the I Quit match between those two was glorious...

Fox318

It's a shame that the brand split didn't really work.

You had PPV's every 2 months for each promotion and for Major PPV's you could join the cards and do cool stuff.

Kinda like how in baseball the All Star game was so special because unless the teams were in the world seres you weren't gonna see a player from a NL team go up against a player on an AL team.

You had PPV's every 2 months for each promotion and for Major PPV's you could join the cards and do cool stuff.

Kinda like how in baseball the All Star game was so special because unless the teams were in the world seres you weren't gonna see a player from a NL team go up against a player on an AL team.
Bragging Rights!

those PPVs pretty much sucked save for the cool promo poster

RP912

Banned

The brand split was probably the best thing WWE ever done. For the young up and comers you had Smackdown, and for Triple H you had Raw.

the brand split was the best because of the raw v smackdown attitude that actually existed during that time. they were legitimately trying to outdo themselves

RP912

Banned
Braggin Rights will always be remember for the LONGEST iron man match in the history of professional wrestling.

John Cena/Randy Orton.

Holy mother of Heaven that match was a dragggggggggggggggggggggg.

Vylash

the brand split was the absolute best and they should go back to that asap

RP912

Banned
Man that Shamrock/Taker match...I don't know what to think of it. It's a pure wrestling match getting shit on by the crowd. This would have been moty in 1979 :/

Fox318

the brand split was the absolute best and they should go back to that asap

1. We have NXT so that kinda counts
2. It would never work today unless they have someone other than Dunn doing it. Shows need to have a different look. Its why the WWECW show sucked and why those first 2 PPVs are fucking great.
3. They can't pay for it today.
4. Their roster would have to increase by a ton.

Kevin Nash??? Really.

Striker by himself is enough to negate any interest I had in paying the extra amount to have the Jim Ross commentary. NJPW World it is then.

Top Bottom